"We win if we take out Warden Eternal." Whyyyyy!?

getting pretty tired of Warzone matches coming down to whoever takes out captain Hestro and Warden Eternal. Especially when the battles over the AI opponents are decided by whichever team has an SMG going at the end. Maybe make the AI worth fewer points, and make the points go to the team that deals the most damage to it.

Then what’s the point of the very small PvE element? I agree though that boss steals are the most annoying thing in the game, especially when the one guy on the enemy team shooting the boss makes the steal is on the other side of the map and puts that one pistol shot into the banshee.

They are worth way too many points for a cheap kill steal. Maybe make his minions worth more points and himself worth only 50.

I think another alternative is just having whatever percent of the damage you did go to your team. If blue team did 50% of the damage to warden eternal and red did the other 50% just give each team 75 victory points. I know it will never be that even but just round numbers up and down accordingly. I think this will help with people who just land the last shot with a cross map BR burst.

Just steal the kill from the enemy team! There is nothing wrong with this style of play. What’s great about this system is that it allows players without amazing REQs or that are playing solo to be capable of winning matches or helping their team. If 343 made it go to whoever did the most damage, then it would be unfair to those who don’t have the tanks, or heavy weapons to do all the damage. We would never see the end of forum posts talking about how “I’m forced to use my good cards each match” or “I’m forced to play with a full team” and so forth.

I feel the same way about this. Especially when me and 5 of my team are all pouring rounds into a boss, BRs, Fuel Rods, Rockets, and then when we finally “kill” the boss, the game goes “Enemy killed…” and you’re just left sitting there like “Where the hell are they?”

IMO, this is easy to “fix”:

1. Award more points for spartan kills - How much? I don’t know, but 10 is not enough.

2. For legendary boss kills, determine who killed the boss by which team did the most overall damage, then award the actual “boss takedown” merit (and points) to the 3-5 players who dealt the most damage to that boss.

I think they should reduce most of the points for legendary boss kills, except for the warden.

It’s especially annoying on March on Stormbreak. Such an easy knight kill at the start of the game for 150 points gives a huge advantage too early.

legendary bosses should be worth 100 points rather than 150, and should appear earlier in the game.

> 2533274946634226;7:
> IMO, this is easy to “fix”:
>
> 1. Award more points for spartan kills - How much? I don’t know, but 10 is not enough.
>
> 2. For legendary boss kills, determine who killed the boss by which team did the most overall damage, then award the actual “boss takedown” merit (and points) to the 3-5 players who dealt the most damage to that boss.

Spartan kills are worth 1x however many bases you have, I believe, so 10 is ridiculously high. and your second point is highly flawed. Imagine a team being beaten when Hestro shows up, one team has several players with scorpions, while the losing team has maybe one player at level six. It is fairly obvious who gets the points here, which defeats the point of the boss. The boss is an opportunity to turn the tide. One bullet can decide a match, literally. In your scenario bosses only speed up the game. Another scenario, two teams are roughly equal and one team has dealt the majority of damage to Hestro. The other team not only has no incentive to attack this boss, but actually to protect it, which is totally against it’s purpose. The method for points is the best it can be.
Also, the Warden Eternal’s purpose is literally to decide the game. He shows up at 18 minutes, to help prevent games that last two long. He is meant to end the game.

> 2533274812303481;8:
> I think they should reduce most of the points for legendary boss kills, except for the warden.
>
> It’s especially annoying on March on Stormbreak. Such an easy knight kill at the start of the game for 150 points gives a huge advantage too early.

I disagree with reducing the points, but I agree with your issue with storm break. One team gets a major lead far too early in the game, especially since taking down a legendary boss gives a great boost to REQ energy.

> 2533274822486484;5:
> Just steal the kill from the enemy team! There is nothing wrong with this style of play. What’s great about this system is that it allows players without amazing REQs or that are playing solo to be capable of winning matches or helping their team. If 343 made it go to whoever did the most damage, then it would be unfair to those who don’t have the tanks, or heavy weapons to do all the damage. We would never see the end of forum posts talking about how “I’m forced to use my good cards each match” or “I’m forced to play with a full team” and so forth.

Or, it allows the team in the lead to continue pounding the crap out of the losing team, when the losing team throws all they have at it.

This is why I say to lower the point gain from the bullet-sponge bosses. Killing one should help a team, not decide the match.

> 2533274946634226;7:
> IMO, this is easy to “fix”:
>
> 1. Award more points for spartan kills - How much? I don’t know, but 10 is not enough.
>
> 2. For legendary boss kills, determine who killed the boss by which team did the most overall damage, then award the actual “boss takedown” merit (and points) to the 3-5 players who dealt the most damage to that boss.

1. Spartan kills are worth one point and I think they should stay there. otherwise the bosses will be ignored and the game turns into slayer.

2. No. As annoying as it can be at times the boss system is perfect in its current state. If you have someone stealing your kills maybe some of your team should be policing campers instead just paying attention to the boss.

I feel if the game engine can tell an assist between getting a kill maybe there should be a boss assist in some sense like split the points half and half? I’m just trying to think of a compromise without nerfing anything. What if they had a warzone mode with no bosses but more frequent AI enemies roaming around?

> 2533274835100180;14:
> I feel if the game engine can tell an assist between getting a kill maybe there should be a boss assist in some sense like split the points half and half? I’m just trying to think of a compromise without nerfing anything. What if they had a warzone mode with no bosses but more frequent AI enemies roaming around?

That would be the firefight mode everyone keeps asking for.

Just remove the bosses health bar so that camper doesn’t know when to fire off that sniper round

I actually don’t mind this. It keeps the suspense going, and really motivates me to win. Even if my team loses, I don’t mind ‘cause i had fun anyway. Just sayin’ :slight_smile:

I think it’s fun…commonly it becomes an all out 3 way war at the end.
Warden V Blue V Red.
Also, just hold Spire, Fortress and Garage on the respectable maps…better chance of getting the kill.

> 2533274822486484;5:
> Just steal the kill from the enemy team! There is nothing wrong with this style of play. What’s great about this system is that it allows players without amazing REQs or that are playing solo to be capable of winning matches or helping their team. If 343 made it go to whoever did the most damage, then it would be unfair to those who don’t have the tanks, or heavy weapons to do all the damage. We would never see the end of forum posts talking about how “I’m forced to use my good cards each match” or “I’m forced to play with a full team” and so forth.

Or why not let a DICE roll decide who wins at the end, or, or, why not just let both teams win because everyone should be a winner these days. /s

> 2535459280269760;16:
> Just remove the bosses health bar so that camper doesn’t know when to fire off that sniper round

I totally agree with this.