We’ve been tricked!

I remember when video games were 60 bucks with full content not like app games that you had to buy season passes with less content! I dunno what I was thinking at the time but new generation gaming is just video game companies using our nostalgia of the franchise’s we played as kids and making us spend more money into their unfinished games and saying it’s going to be released later dates :roll_eyes: and I haven’t mentioned you have to buy a gaming subscription to play multiplayer and have internet to play games, even old games with internet! I’m done!…unless the season pass is free for lone Wolf, but we will see hmph :expressionless:

20 Likes

cost of game development is higher now than it was 40 years ago

1 Like

This isn’t 343’s first rodeo, and they also took longer to make this joke title than Bungie did making Reach, and reach had co-op forge, and firefight on release…12 YEARS AGO. No excuses here.

22 Likes

it’s almost like companies are getting greedy and less caring about the final product… honestly, another video game crash might be around the corner. i mean… if companies don’t care, then why bother paying? how do we know if they’re actually being honest, or just hyping us up to pay only for dissapointment? indie game devs ain’t even a saving grace. yeah they have pation… but they’re also a smaller team, thus the games could offer less or even be equally as broken. it’s at this point in time no longer being a garuenty that said company will make a good game… it’s a 50/50. will 343 make a good halo? dunno. will game freak make a good pokemon game? don’t know. will activision make a decent cod game? maybe. will steel wool make a compitent fnaf game? not a clue. ubisoft with a far cry game? no idea. there’s no trust in these companies anymore… just hope… and hope will only last for so long

6 Likes

I’m sorry but that’s nonsense. This is due to poor management and has nothing to do with prices of the industry. Plenty of indie dev’s do better jobs and 343i took twice the time with less content because it was poorly managed.

6 Likes

We’ve all been played. The fan base that still lingers onto Halo are the helpless passengers without a lfiejacket. 343’s ship is going to the bottom of the cold north Atlantic with poor management, lack of quality content and features, and constantly mocking and suppressing the community.

14 Likes

We’ve been played the moment we were testing the Flights. It gave us the feeling that “ohh this is a really good demo, the full game must be even better”

Wrong. They literally just shipped the 2nd Flight for our Full release. And they somehow managed to break it for 2months. I feel like that guy who opened the plastic casing of the “Pipboy” and going “WHAT!?” when a piece of cardboard falls out.

2 Likes

Yeah, let’s forget that 40 years ago there wasn’t shops that literally make millions if not billions for certain companies.

Your weak at best excuse is laughable.

2 Likes

Knowing the amount of money these business make just off of shops these days, like Activision literally making 1.2 billion in just 3 months this year?

Anyone using the BS excuse that games cost more nowadays need to actually use your head. Being creative, and trying to create a quality type of games has nothing to do with the amount of content nor the cost. That has to do with talent, and the motivation to produce a decent game.

Infinite is nether, it poorly designed, and poorly handled because that’s the choice the higher-ups made, not the devs that do the actual work. The, “poor 343 days are over”. It’s time some of you let reality set in because excuses are nothing but excuses.

3 Likes

I literally had the same thought

2 Likes

Plus i think after you bought the battle pass you never have to buy it again

2 Likes

All big AAA games sucks, its the mobile gaming communites fault. Even Nintendo is releasing bad games now, making fast money is priority.

2 Likes

Hopefully that will be the case in season 2 with the free credits we’re getting (hopefully)

2 Likes

Apart from the cost of a new XSX, 1440p monitor, 3 years of XBL and GamesPass (plus headphones and Elite2 controller)…Halo Infinite hasn’t cost me a penny. Granted I did buy those things specifically due to my high expectations with Halo Infinite but I’m able to justify most of those costs over a 3 year period of playing and enjoying other games.

4 Likes

Sadly no, what we were duped into buying was the SEASON 1 battlepass. In May, they’ll launch another one that costs $10, and includes a small fraction of the content they have created for the season, with most of it being stripped from the pass to sell in the store.

2 Likes

Cyberpunk 2077 was a tad buggy on release day but at least they fixed it. I see occasionally fixes still surfacing for the game suggesting there are still a few minor problems.

Halo: MCC was updated extensively while each part was readied for publishing. Now there are not any evident problems with the game so I play it occasionally,

Infinite is pending an update in a month or two when the game will have coop for the campaign. This should be fun with friends.

1 Like

Probably because indie devs tend to use established game engines like Unreal or Unity rather than rolling their own. If there wasn’t the club of copyright, I’m pretty sure experienced developers in either engine could replicate Halo Infinite’s feel - movement, gunplay, aesthetics, etc. - with surprising accuracy.

1 Like

Copyright for a game engine only applies to copying the actual coding. If you mean the design of the players themselves, it can easily be adverted by designing it a bit different, and not calling them spartans. It can easily be done, and not be against any copyright, and at this point, I’d probably be willing to pay for a completely different game than stick around for the constant hand in my pocket rifling around for my wallet that Halo has become.

1 Like

This is what I was referring to - experienced devs could emulate the experience but never use keywords like Spartan in the same context. Although it would be amusing if someone created the game where the player was a Persian and everything else had a thesaurus taken to their name.

1 Like

If I had any actual ability, I’d start coding. That being said, I bought a majority of the software when I was about to create a stupid yet amusing phone game, but work is busy… and because I am aware on how to focus on what is important, my work is more important than making a side game. cough cough

1 Like