We shouldn't have Pelicans or Phantoms.

If we don’t have them by Halo 4, we aren’t going to have them. The Community has asked for this since Halo 2! Bungie probably hasn’t added this due to it just not working right or it isn’t fun to play with. Face it.

N00b flies. Picks up 5 players. N00b Crashes. -5 for team.

PS: Yes I know we could fly them, but it was really messed up and glichy.

So what do you guys think about this?

Well we could fly them in Halo Reach…

…And that was fun.

…Very fun! :smiley:

We should use them in a campaign or SpartOps mission.

> Well we could fly them in Halo Reach…

This. I think they didn’t have enough time to finalise them and add them into custom games/campaign of Reach so just added an Easter Egg into the campaign of what they did with it. There’s a huge chance we’ll have pelicans in Halo 4 custom games.

> We should use them in a campaign or SpartOps mission.

That’s the only way I could see them being implemented…

I think we should have Pelicans and Phantoms in Custom Games and Forge.

> I think we should have Pelicans and Phantoms in Custom Games and Forge.

I think that would be terrible see as you are a flying tank on roids in terms of defence. I can already guarente that Bungie and 343 has already test those in Custom Games and it just didn’t work out.

> > I think we should have Pelicans and Phantoms in Custom Games and Forge.
>
> I think that would be terrible see as you are a flying tank on roids in terms of defence. I can already guarente that Bungie and 343 has already test those in Custom Games and it just didn’t work out.

They’re CUSTOM GAMES. If you don’t want to use something, don’t use it. That’s fair enough. If someone else wants to use it, they can use it. That’s the point. Custom Games aren’t all competitive, you know.

Or as Forge objects… drool

Please, 343?

> > > I think we should have Pelicans and Phantoms in Custom Games and Forge.
> >
> > I think that would be terrible see as you are a flying tank on roids in terms of defence. I can already guarente that Bungie and 343 has already test those in Custom Games and it just didn’t work out.
>
> They’re CUSTOM GAMES. If you don’t want to use something, don’t use it. That’s fair enough. If someone else wants to use it, they can use it. That’s the point. Custom Games aren’t all competitive, you know.

I know that, but it would also take away from all of the other things in the game too. Also they only put things in Custom Games that could be used in matchmaking. Plus I’m not saying I wouldn’t want to use them if they were in the game, I’m just saying that people should open they’re eyes. If we don’t get them in Halo 4, I can guarente we won’t get them at all.

> > > > I think we should have Pelicans and Phantoms in Custom Games and Forge.
> > >
> > > I think that would be terrible see as you are a flying tank on roids in terms of defence. I can already guarente that Bungie and 343 has already test those in Custom Games and it just didn’t work out.
> >
> > They’re CUSTOM GAMES. If you don’t want to use something, don’t use it. That’s fair enough. If someone else wants to use it, they can use it. That’s the point. Custom Games aren’t all competitive, you know.
>
> I know that, but it would also take away from all of the other things in the game too. Also they only put things in Custom Games that could be used in matchmaking. Plus I’m not saying I wouldn’t want to use them if they were in the game, I’m just saying that people should open they’re eyes. If we don’t get them in Halo 4, I can guarente we won’t get them at all.

If people stopped dreaming we’d be stuck in one place forever.

> > > > > I think we should have Pelicans and Phantoms in Custom Games and Forge.
> > > >
> > > > I think that would be terrible see as you are a flying tank on roids in terms of defence. I can already guarente that Bungie and 343 has already test those in Custom Games and it just didn’t work out.
> > >
> > > They’re CUSTOM GAMES. If you don’t want to use something, don’t use it. That’s fair enough. If someone else wants to use it, they can use it. That’s the point. Custom Games aren’t all competitive, you know.
> >
> > I know that, but it would also take away from all of the other things in the game too. Also they only put things in Custom Games that could be used in matchmaking. Plus I’m not saying I wouldn’t want to use them if they were in the game, I’m just saying that people should open they’re eyes. If we don’t get them in Halo 4, I can guarente we won’t get them at all.
>
> If people stopped dreaming we’d be stuck in one place forever.

But we’ve all been wanting the SAME thing for almost an entire DECADE. After that, I really doubt we are gonna’ get it.

> …And that was fun.

…For a few seconds, until I realized the Pelican flies like a toaster, or an rhino, or a rhino sitting on a toaster

If large aerial vehicles were going to come into play it would probably be on the Nextbox that can support larger maps that would benefit from these vehicles.

ALBATROSS

That is all

> ALBATROSS
>
> That is all

I believe you mean VULTURE. Flying one of those would be WAY more fun then a cargo dropship.

well…as others said we could in HALO reach right? And I am sure there are some left in the Dawn as well as some in the infinity or whatever other human ship we find in or around requiem

I’m fairly sure that if Halo 4 featured drivable Pelicans I would flunk my Senior Year.