We need to talk about the storm rifle...

Short and sweet, I HATED the storm rifle, the design was boring, no notable features as i constantly confused it with the carbine, boring generic sound. Think the needlers needles and noise, the carbines green scope and laser noise, etc. The storm rifle needs to take a back seat to either a new weapon, a MASSIVE sound and visual and possibly mechanical overhaul, or just be removed in favour of another weapon. i know it’s from the story, cause of the storm faction thing, but it was just a terrible weapon. If they were going to remove something as iconic as the plasma rifle or even a buffed up version like the plasma repeater, at least please give it some outstanding or interesting aspect 343, with your brilliant art team I know you can do better.

Remove it and bring back the Plasma Rifle. Done. :stuck_out_tongue:

Give it the properties of the CE Plasma Rifle. Then, we can talk about the Storm Rifle.

It sounds like a paint ball gun, I don’t care what they do with it. As long as it doesn’t stay like how it is now. Oh, n they need to do something about that atrocious bloom.

My vote is for bringing back the CE Plasma Rifle.

> Give it the properties of the CE Plasma Rifle and we can talk.

Pretty much this. I don’t have any particular issue with the storm rifle, I have an issue with pretty much every auto weapon being the same bullet hose with a different skin.

The Plasma Rifle was only interesting mechanics wise in CE in H2/H3/Reach it became a blue SMG with no interesting mechanics of its own. The Repeater had a unique venting mechanic and that’s it, Still nothing but a bullet hose.

Either give the storm rifle CE mechanics(plasma stun, low base spread, headshot multiplier) or give it some other unique mechanic to make it something other than the ‘covy AR’.

That goes for any Plasma rifle related weapon.

The sound definitely needs an upgrade though, it sounds pitiful.

backseat it bring back the plasma rifle AND repeater (the more weapon options the better) definitely give it a different sound something deeper and meaner sounding, maybe change the look of it a bit and give it something mechanically unique if possible

Bring back the plasma rifle or overhaul the storm rifle to make it function a bit more like the plasma rifle did (lower RoF but higher damage, etc)

I agree that the storm rifle is a little to identical to the carbine. If they were to return to using the repeater a guy on deviant art made a great alternative look to it that would cool to have.
But personally I agree with a lot of people who are saying to bring back the plasma rifle.

> I agree it’s a little to identical to the carbine. A guy on deviant art made a great alternative look to the repeater that would cool to have.

It looks kind of like the Incineration Cannon on first glance. Otherwise, it’s absolutely badass in appearance.

I like the storm rifle, but if it was my choice, I would remove it and bring back the CE plasma rifle.

> I agree that the storm rifle is a little to identical to the carbine. If they were to return to using the repeater a guy on deviant art made a great alternative look to it that would cool to have.
> But personally I agree with a lot of people who are saying to bring back the plasma rifle.

I like everything I saw, until the bottom of the gun. It looks rough and bumpy, not really consistent with Covy design. They are known for the curvature and smoothness in their weaponry.

Well, I kinda think one of the only reason 343 added the Storm Rifle was because they needed a Covie auto weapon equivalent for custom loadouts and the new Storm Remnant apparently needed to have their own weapon (the latter I guess makes sense…) :stuck_out_tongue:

I say don’t obliterate it alrerady (though the noise sounds weak and pitiful), fix it up a bit. Beakseat it. Give it old Plasma Rifle properities, or even return the PlasRife by itself and tune the SR a bit more. :\

> I agree that the storm rifle is a little to identical to the carbine. If they were to return to using the repeater a guy on deviant art made a great alternative look to it that would cool to have.
> But personally I agree with a lot of people who are saying to bring back the plasma rifle.

At first glance, it looks like a Plasma Repeater mixed with a Concussion Rifle.
But it does look pretty dang awesome. The rest of the Elite looks flippin’ badass.

Oh god, I hate using the storm rifle. It sucks -Yoink-.

By all means, keep it. However, if it were to say…have the properties of a Plasma Rifle from CE, THEN it would be extremely badass. Also, I don’t see why we can’t have BOTH the Storm Rifle & the Plasma Rifle, for the sake of variety. The Storm Rifle & Plasma Rifle could be both used in campaign, perhaps the Storm Rifle could act like Covenant counterpart to the SAW? Main difference being it has stopping-power & doesn’t need to reload. Just throwing ideas around, y’know? If that doesn’t work, we cans till have both can’t we? Reach had both the Plasma Rifle & the Plasma Repeater.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the Covies should get some brand new weapons? It’d be pretty awesome if they got new gear to use.

It’s hard to believe I’m saying this…but it was worse than the Plasma Repeater, which was a horrifically weak weapon that typically overheated before being able to get a kill, unless you shot, vented, shot, in which case you were usually dead before you could get the killing melee in.

But the storm rifle was pathetic. Inaccurate, weak. Sounded like a silenced .22. Not memorable in any way. At least with the Plasma Rifle (the best automatic plasma firing variant), in half the games it was featured in you could dual wield which made it more versatile.

It should not really have been added. I assume it’s only reason for existing and replacing the iconic Plasma Rifle was because 343 didn’t want to add single handed weapons into the primary weapon slot in custom loadouts.

It might have some merit if it had a 2x zoom or something and the other general plasma weapon traits like high damage vs shields and plasma stun. But the Plasma Rifle should return. I consider it a more iconic weapon design representative of Halo than even the AR and BR.

The Covies were never known for the weapons creativity or diversity… even the plasma repeater took a cue from the plasma rifle. The projectiles are similar, at least. The Storm Rifle might have a canonical explanation attached to it, but I still don’t care for it.

It felt like something new for newness’s sake. And the total absence of the plasma rifle is just bizarre, like the BR from Reach.

Bring back the Plasma Repeater, and just call it the Plasma Rifle. That is honestly what I want.

Every Covenant weapon has a special place in my heart, but they all have the combat efficiency of walking into a firefight with an airsoft rifle. They’re great at stripping shields but actually killing someone is harder than you’d imagine.

The Plasma Rifle was closer to an SMG to me, but I loved the way it worked…especially in Reach.

The Plasma Repeater was a great idea, but still too weak to use effectively. I wish it would have increased in damage as the heat increased - turning it from a weak bullet hose to a kind of ranged threat as the heat kept turning up.

The Needle Rifle and the Covenant Carbine are both great weapons but slightly different enough that I wish they were in the same game. Just thought I’d bring that up.

Last but not least we have the Storm Rifle which I think looks pretty nice but it’s pathetic. Even the Suppressor has a niche where it’s supposed to be a CQC weapon but the Storm Rifle fails to impress in any area and trying to get hundreds of kills with it is like pulling teeth.