We need to talk about the spawning in Warzone

Long story short, IT’S AWFUL!

I am so sick of the game actively trying to kill me, here’s an example - Battle of Noctus: My team has the North Garage and the Monument, while the enemy team occupies the South Garage. I choose to spawn at the Monument, and instead of spawning me inside the Monument, I spawn outside. The game didn’t even spawn me on the north side where we occupy a base, no it spawn’s me pretty much right in front of the South Garage and I almost instantly get killed by a Scorpion. After this I decided to spawn at the core, well the game decides it wants to spawn me outside the core right next to the boss, where I then get killed once again. This a huge oversight and it’s not like this is a new thing, the spawns have been -Yoinked!- since launch, which mind you was almost 4 years ago!

I cannot even count how many times I’ve been virtually -Yoinked!- by the spawn’s in Warzone, it’s not enough you have to worry about RandomJoe43 and his Nornfang, but you also have to worry about the game itself killing you. It’s annoying and it’s never gonna change, which what makes me mad.

I agree the spawning is pretty bad in Warzone

I find it funny. I was splattered as soon as I spawned one time. I’ve even spawned in the vehicle bay unable to get out.

> 2533275001522797;3:
> I find it funny. I was splattered as soon as I spawned one time. I’ve even spawned in the vehicle bay unable to get out.

A great glitch to have happen when playing Defense on the Fortress in Stormbreak, since you can sit near the entrance and contest the capturing while also remaining protected by the shield. Just gotta hope that a spawned vehicle doesn’t push you out - though this is kind of a dirty move to take advantage of, but hey you spawned there so it’s not like its your fault or anything?

All that said, the spawns are kinda wonky but a 12 v 12 game can do that I guess. Really hard for the game to guess if a Banshee’s headed that way and has your spawn in its cannon’s sights, but there’s no excusing the Defender spawns on Temple WZA at all. Sadly, at this point in the game’s lifespan - and the fact that Temple’s spawns have never even been acknowledged (Kinda like “Waspzone” once upon a time) to me says that it’ll never actually be fixed. Rather, I hope they triple-test the spawns for Infinite and its game modes.

If we all had a nickel for every time we insta died respawning we’d all be rich :man_shrugging:t3:

> 2533275008981349;1:
> Long story short, IT’S AWFUL!
>
> I am so sick of the game actively trying to kill me, here’s an example - Battle of Noctus: My team has the North Garage and the Monument, while the enemy team occupies the South Garage. I choose to spawn at the Monument, and instead of spawning me inside the Monument, I spawn outside. The game didn’t even spawn me on the north side where we occupy a base, no it spawn’s me pretty much right in front of the South Garage and I almost instantly get killed by a Scorpion. After this I decided to spawn at the core, well the game decides it wants to spawn me outside the core right next to the boss, where I then get killed once again. This a huge oversight and it’s not like this is a new thing, the spawns have been -Yoinked!- since launch, which mind you was almost 4 years ago!
>
> I cannot even count how many times I’ve been virtually -Yoinked!- by the spawn’s in Warzone, it’s not enough you have to worry about RandomJoe43 and his Nornfang, but you also have to worry about the game itself killing you. It’s annoying and it’s never gonna change, which what makes me mad.

Man do ever feel and understand exactly what you are expounding on. It’s happening on one of the Husky Raid maps where a Spartan gets behind your flag area where you re-spawn with a hammer or a sword and kills you as soon as you spawn. Wen I set up custom maps my re_spawn points are set not to spawn in danger of death by Spartan or equipment. Why can’t they?

> 2533275008981349;1:
> Long story short, IT’S AWFUL!
>
> I am so sick of the game actively trying to kill me, here’s an example - Battle of Noctus: My team has the North Garage and the Monument, while the enemy team occupies the South Garage. I choose to spawn at the Monument, and instead of spawning me inside the Monument, I spawn outside. The game didn’t even spawn me on the north side where we occupy a base, no it spawn’s me pretty much right in front of the South Garage and I almost instantly get killed by a Scorpion. After this I decided to spawn at the core, well the game decides it wants to spawn me outside the core right next to the boss, where I then get killed once again. This a huge oversight and it’s not like this is a new thing, the spawns have been -Yoinked!- since launch, which mind you was almost 4 years ago!
>
> I cannot even count how many times I’ve been virtually -Yoinked!- by the spawn’s in Warzone, it’s not enough you have to worry about RandomJoe43 and his Nornfang, but you also have to worry about the game itself killing you. It’s annoying and it’s never gonna change, which what makes me mad.

I got spawned off map and died instantly

> 2533274936190092;5:
> If we all had a nickel for every time we insta died respawning we’d all be rich :man_shrugging:t3:

Pennies for me.

> 2535452019770940;7:
> > 2533275008981349;1:
> > Long story short, IT’S AWFUL!
> >
> > I am so sick of the game actively trying to kill me, here’s an example - Battle of Noctus: My team has the North Garage and the Monument, while the enemy team occupies the South Garage. I choose to spawn at the Monument, and instead of spawning me inside the Monument, I spawn outside. The game didn’t even spawn me on the north side where we occupy a base, no it spawn’s me pretty much right in front of the South Garage and I almost instantly get killed by a Scorpion. After this I decided to spawn at the core, well the game decides it wants to spawn me outside the core right next to the boss, where I then get killed once again. This a huge oversight and it’s not like this is a new thing, the spawns have been -Yoinked!- since launch, which mind you was almost 4 years ago!
> >
> > I cannot even count how many times I’ve been virtually -Yoinked!- by the spawn’s in Warzone, it’s not enough you have to worry about RandomJoe43 and his Nornfang, but you also have to worry about the game itself killing you. It’s annoying and it’s never gonna change, which what makes me mad.
>
> I got spawned off map and died instantly

been there done that! :))

In general the algorithm for spawning is pretty janky and after revisiting all the previous entries its seems to always have been that way. Warzone exacerbates this problem with sprint and specific spawning zones. I personally haven’t experienced this, but I think that a super well coordinated team of 12 can totally exploit the spawn system by taking all the bases and camping the major spawn points in the base forcing players to spawn outside into banshee/phaeton fire.

> 2717573882290912;10:
> In general the algorithm for spawning is pretty janky and after revisiting all the previous entries its seems to always have been that way. Warzone exacerbates this problem with sprint and specific spawning zones. I personally haven’t experienced this, but I think that a super well coordinated team of 12 can totally exploit the spawn system by taking all the bases and camping the major spawn points in the base forcing players to spawn outside into banshee/phaeton fire.

I agree after playing a lot of MCC multiplayer this past month, Halo 1 has particularly bad spawning. However like you said, Warzone is a lot worse because it’s bad spawns are exploited by a team of 12. I love Warzone but it has a whole lot of problems that need to be fixed if it returns in Infinite (hopefully without the REQ system but that’s another issue in it’s self).

343I, in Husky Raid M808B Production you have respawns setup in a straight line of fire from the opposing teams flag. So you’re set up for an instant respawn kill. Come on guys on this particular map there’s no excuse. There is plenty of room for 4 respawn points w/o setting them in the line of fire. Please take five minutes to move them.