We need to see campaign gameplay!!

We need to be shown campaign gameplay especially after that 8 minutes of mess that was shown last year! We’ve seen no campaign gameplay since then and we are only 4 months from launch! We also want a Q and A as lots of the fans have lots of basic concernes and questions!

> 2533274804704076;1:
> We need to be shown campaign gameplay especially after that 8 minutes of mess that was shown last year! We’ve seen no campaign gameplay since then and we are only 4 months from launch! We also want a Q and A as lots of the fans have lots of basic concernes and questions!

They stated that they will when it comes closer to launch. I personally do not want the game delayed just so we can see a slice of campaign gameplay.

Deserve is an interesting word to use.

Wow you are on a thread making spree huh?

Deserve might be a bit strong a term but,
Ya id like to see some campaign pretty soon.
They already gave the bad news on coop and forge.
That suggests no AI mp mode like spartan ops of firefight or warzone of halo2s warfare.

They keep showing animations and mp stuff.
But.im here first and foremost for the next halo story and so far I’ve seen kittle the be enthusiastic about.
I could really do with an extended look at that E32020 section with the new updates.

Just show me that again but more, unedited and let me see the hydra in action and a some more vehicle stuff.
Let’s see what the delay achieved rather than be told what it failed to do.

Danumis how would one person recording 10 mins of gameplay and uploading it you youtube in any way cause a delay.
The game is content ready, they were confident enough to show that e3 demo in 2020 surely the same location a year later is 30 mins of work.
If the pipeline at 343i can’t manage that we should be extremely worried.

> 2533274810945725;3:
> Deserve is an interesting word to use.

Especially with the temperament of the forums and kind words that have been flowing through here lol.

> 2535411919953126;4:
> Wow you are on a thread making spree huh?
>
> Deserve might be a bit strong a term but,
> Ya id like to see some campaign pretty soon.
> They already gave the bad news on coop and forge.
> That suggests no AI mp mode like spartan ops of firefight or warzone of halo2s warfare.
>
> They keep showing animations and mp stuff.
> But.im here first and foremost for the next halo story and so far I’ve seen kittle the be enthusiastic about.
> I could really do with an extended look at that E32020 section with the new updates.
>
> Just show me that again but more, unedited and let me see the hydra in action and a some more vehicle stuff.
> Let’s see what the delay achieved rather than be told what it failed to do.
>
> Danumis how would one person recording 10 mins of gameplay and uploading it you youtube in any way cause a delay.
> The game is content ready, they were co finest enough to show that e3 demo in 2020 surely the same location a year later is 30 mins of work.
> If the pipeline at 343i can’t manage that we should be extremely worried.

It’s not that simple at all. I am assuming you are not aware of the amount of work needed for these demos. It takes scripting, and polishing ONLY the areas you are showing. Plenty of developers have stated how much it impedes development close to launches or far out. The only time it works well is if Campaign is near the end of the polish phase around 1 month before launch.

> 2535411919953126;4:
> Wow you are on a thread making spree huh?
> Ya id like to see some campaign pretty soon.
> They already gave the bad news on coop and forge.
> That suggests no AI mp mode like spartan ops of firefight or warzone of halo2s warfare.
> They keep showing animations and mp stuff.
> But.im here first and foremost for the next halo story and so far I’ve seen kittle the be enthusiastic about.
> I could really do with an extended look at that E32020 section with the new updates.
> Just show me that again but more, unedited and let me see the hydra in action and a some more vehicle stuff.
> Let’s see what the delay achieved rather than be told what it failed to do.

Hahaha yes i am buddy! Im on my break at work and letting off all this Halo/343 frustration :joy: im just worried this game will be a let down like halo 5 i hope its not and they prove me wrong but the halo games have always been my favourite game franchise and i dont think we can take another disappointment and any campaign gameplay will do me at this point i just want to see something since the backlash last year yes they showed multiplayer and we played technical preview and i love halo multiplayer but for me im more of a campaign guy i just hope the story is good the gameplay is good amd graphics are good and i dont want the story to be all over the shop and not know exactly whos who and whats what cause i havnt read a damn book they released between halo 4 and 5 keep everything in the games! Dont miss stuff out of the games and create gaps in the story im also hoping they sort this whole Cortana storyline out aswell cause i hate that they brought her back in halo 5 amd made her the villain!! Should have atleast kept didact around longer or had Cortana come back good and as her and chief used to be or not at all! Halo 4 ending was so sad but i kind of liked the emotion it caught! Then 5 just spat all over it by bringing her back as a villain… hoping they say she wasnt herself or ot wasnt the real her or maybe corrupted by forerunner systems or the didact or even the logic plague or something!

Do I have my concerns over how the campaign is shaping up given delays to co-op and rumors of an overhaul? Yes.

Would I have liked to see some campaign footage to help ease those concerns? Also yes.

But here’s the thing, they gave us a release date that, as of now, is 104 days away. That’s not an insignificant amount of time. Maybe the campaign really isn’t ready to be shown right now, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be after 3 more months of work. I’m not at all praising them for it coming down to the wire, but I’m willing to reserve judgement on the game itself until I see what they’re able to pull off.

> 2533274792737987;6:
> > 2535411919953126;4:
> > Wow you are on a thread making spree huh?
>
> It’s not that simple at all. I am assuming you are not aware of the amount of work needed for these demos. It takes scripting, and polishing ONLY the areas you are showing. Plenty of developers have stated how much it impedes development close to launches or far out. The only time it works well is if Campaign is near the end of the polish phase around 1 month before launch.

I’ve made demos for my projects.
This area was Green lit for what was previously billed as a real time demo.
There is no scripting to be done unless what was shown prior was “smoke and mirror bs” not that is new for halo at E3.
If the area was Green lit for live showing it has passed most in house playtest milestones and is more or less ready for public consumption.
The game is in bug crush, not polish, bug crush.
Unless the bugs a re rampant a studio like 343i with considerable QA testing staff and community staff should be able to fit a demo into the pipeline.
And yes it is a pipeline issue if they can’t.
If this area is a stable build its 30mins work to capture if not have capture running on a QA play of the build (something they would likely do for certain tests regardless.) And take the best one, pass that to community take the most flattering section of the video, plaster a “real QA footage” splash on the front of add existing mp trailer to the back end and post it to the yt channel.
The fact is a trailer house or trailer team is probably making an elaborate hype trailer for the game and thats the marketing direction but a straight portion of QA footage would do. Obviously at this point QA will be in bug find/crush and nit playing by any conventional standards that look good but still. This area was passed over in 2020 for public showing so it should be a fairly stable build by now and the person doing a fresh capture would be tord dont do x or go y it will cause issues and bang out a video.
They don’t need to do a demo build just use a current build capture a couple mins and do some much needed damage control.
This close to launch with an extra year they should be able to accommodate a short re-reveal of campaign with little added strain on the team.
To suggest it could cause a delay literally begs the question what is going on with their pipeline and contingency planning. What is wrong with development safeguards.
Its evident that deadlines are not being met and I can only assume that’s a management issue.
The devs are working hard but something must be causing issues.
Some speculation points to slipspace not being built for certain features but thats a terrifying thought as it suggests the rotating management has lead to fundamental changes in direction of the game and the tools being built had to adapt at an unreasonable pace.

> 2535411919953126;9:
> > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > 2535411919953126;4:
> > > Wow you are on a thread making spree huh?
> >
> > It’s not that simple at all. I am assuming you are not aware of the amount of work needed for these demos. It takes scripting, and polishing ONLY the areas you are showing. Plenty of developers have stated how much it impedes development close to launches or far out. The only time it works well is if Campaign is near the end of the polish phase around 1 month before launch.
>
> I’ve made demos for my projects.
> This area was Green lit for what was previously billed as a real time demo.
> There is no scripting to be done unless what was shown prior was “smoke and mirror bs” not that is new for halo at E3.
> If the area was Green lit for live showing it has passed most in house playtest milestones and is more or less ready for public consumption.
> The game is in bug crush, not polish, bug crush.
> Unless the bugs a re rampant a studio like 343i with considerable QA testing staff and community staff should be able to fit a demo into the pipeline.
> And yes it is a pipeline issue if they can’t.
> If this area is a stable build its 30mins work to capture if not have capture running on a QA play of the build (something they would likely do for certain tests regardless.) And take the best one, pass that to community take the most flattering section of the video, plaster a “real QA footage” splash on the front of add existing mp trailer to the back end and post it to the yt channel.
> The fact is a trailer house or trailer team is probably making an elaborate hype trailer for the game and thats the marketing direction but a straight portion of QA footage would do. Obviously at this point QA will be in bug find/crush and nit playing by any conventional standards that look good but still. This area was passed over in 2020 for public showing so it should be a fairly stable build by now and the person doing a fresh capture would be tord dont do x or go y it will cause issues and bang out a video.
> They don’t need to do a demo build just use a current build capture a couple mins and do some much needed damage control.
> This close to launch with an extra year they should be able to accommodate a short re-reveal of campaign with little added strain on the team.
> To suggest it could cause a delay literally begs the question what is going on with their pipeline and contingency planning. What is wrong with development safeguards.
> Its evident that deadlines are not being met and I can only assume that’s a management issue.
> The devs are working hard but something must be causing issues.
> Some speculation points to slipspace not being built for certain features but thats a terrifying thought as it suggests the rotating management has lead to fundamental changes in direction of the game and the tools being built had to adapt at an unreasonable pace.

i did some digging 3 month ago and found this. bear in mind anyone could write the review on glassdoor but because of lesser known situation of the website it gives more credibility, because mostly known people who work in the industry usually writes a review, but also you should take this with grain of salt.

> 2533274824492897;10:
> > 2535411919953126;9:
> > > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > > 2535411919953126;4:
> > > > Wow you are on a thread making spree huh?
> > >
> > > It’s not that simple at all. I am assuming you are not aware of the amount of work needed for these demos. It takes scripting, and polishing ONLY the areas you are showing. Plenty of developers have stated how much it impedes development close to launches or far out. The only time it works well is if Campaign is near the end of the polish phase around 1 month before launch.
>
> i did some digging 3 month ago and found this. bear in mind anyone could write the review on glassdoor but because of lesser known situation of the website it gives more credibility, because mostly known people who work in the industry usually writes a review, but also you should take this with grain of salt.
> halo — ImgBB

Well all I can say is that certainly feels like a true statement.
I mean there’s no doubt they have capable talented staff.
They all have worked or gone on to work on excellent titles in major ways.
Management has changed pretty significantly over the years more so than you see in most big products with clear visions.
So if the parent company pushes for hot new feature A and your tools aren’t suited to support it and the engine is proprietary then the pipeline is gonna be shot.
Look at destiny and bungie that game was not what it started out aiming to be by any means.
This feels like the obvious reason to the dev issues.
Granted I haven’t done much research I’m just going off my own anecdotal experience.
Like take the lack of what you would expect to be key engine features in the 2020 demo.
One would assume illumination solutions and reflections to be core features of any engine built to indicate what a new hardware generation is capable off.
Especially when the tech is bringing true real-time lighting to consoles for the first time.
The most obvious cause of issues is they have an issue in tooling that has impacted the pipeline and cause what should be relatively straightforward (nothing is ever straightforward in game development) tasks and making them unworkable within the deadlines for the milestones to resolve.
If that’s the case. Poor devs, nothing worse than having bad tools to work with. Especially on the biggest ip on the platform.

> 2533274804704076;1:
> We need to be shown campaign gameplay especially after that 8 minutes of mess that was shown last year! We’ve seen no campaign gameplay since then and we are only 4 months from launch! We also want a Q and A as lots of the fans have lots of basic concernes and questions!

No we don’t.
We should have the original demo shown with the new textures and polish. I want nothing new that gives away any of the story elements at ALL.

> 2535411919953126;9:
> > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > 2535411919953126;4:
> > > Wow you are on a thread making spree huh?
> >
> > It’s not that simple at all. I am assuming you are not aware of the amount of work needed for these demos. It takes scripting, and polishing ONLY the areas you are showing. Plenty of developers have stated how much it impedes development close to launches or far out. The only time it works well is if Campaign is near the end of the polish phase around 1 month before launch.
>
> I’ve made demos for my projects.
> This area was Green lit for what was previously billed as a real time demo.
> There is no scripting to be done unless what was shown prior was “smoke and mirror bs” not that is new for halo at E3.
> If the area was Green lit for live showing it has passed most in house playtest milestones and is more or less ready for public consumption.
> The game is in bug crush, not polish, bug crush.
> Unless the bugs a re rampant a studio like 343i with considerable QA testing staff and community staff should be able to fit a demo into the pipeline.
> And yes it is a pipeline issue if they can’t.
> If this area is a stable build its 30mins work to capture if not have capture running on a QA play of the build (something they would likely do for certain tests regardless.) And take the best one, pass that to community take the most flattering section of the video, plaster a “real QA footage” splash on the front of add existing mp trailer to the back end and post it to the yt channel.
> The fact is a trailer house or trailer team is probably making an elaborate hype trailer for the game and thats the marketing direction but a straight portion of QA footage would do. Obviously at this point QA will be in bug find/crush and nit playing by any conventional standards that look good but still. This area was passed over in 2020 for public showing so it should be a fairly stable build by now and the person doing a fresh capture would be tord dont do x or go y it will cause issues and bang out a video.
> They don’t need to do a demo build just use a current build capture a couple mins and do some much needed damage control.
> This close to launch with an extra year they should be able to accommodate a short re-reveal of campaign with little added strain on the team.
> To suggest it could cause a delay literally begs the question what is going on with their pipeline and contingency planning. What is wrong with development safeguards.
> Its evident that deadlines are not being met and I can only assume that’s a management issue.
> The devs are working hard but something must be causing issues.
> Some speculation points to slipspace not being built for certain features but thats a terrifying thought as it suggests the rotating management has lead to fundamental changes in direction of the game and the tools being built had to adapt at an unreasonable pace.

Or they can wait until the game is basically done and leave the best impression they can that represents the final product in the best way possible. I think they are having the usual bugs. We must remember this will be by far the largest Halo. Not only are they on a new engine, but they are making the largest game they ever have. This requires much more bug testing or people will call it the Skyrim of shooters lol. I think Slipspace is a pretty advanced engine. Some engineers that have been working on engines in their career called it borderline industry setting. The problem is they built a semi-open
world game in 3 years which is insane within itself.

Overall I would rather they focus on finishing development before gameplay. We know campaign looks insane just for the quick shots from the development update so I’m not worried.

> 2535411919953126;11:
> > 2533274824492897;10:
> > > 2535411919953126;9:
> > > > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > > > 2535411919953126;4:
> > > > > Wow you are on a thread making spree huh?
> > > >
> > > > It’s not that simple at all. I am assuming you are not aware of the amount of work needed for these demos. It takes scripting, and polishing ONLY the areas you are showing. Plenty of developers have stated how much it impedes development close to launches or far out. The only time it works well is if Campaign is near the end of the polish phase around 1 month before launch.

“In many ways, shutting down a game is like being on final approach to landing an airplane. And if you’ll forgive a bit of aviation-geekery, the entirety of the team is essentially in a “sterile cockpit,” which is to say: we’re at a critical phase in the flight that is Halo Infinite, so it’s extremely important to avoid distractions and stay focused on mission-critical tasks only. For Campaign, that means putting maximum effort into ensuring the wide-open, adventure-filled experience you’ll all get to play on December 8th is a great as it can possibly be. And gameplay demos and trailers not only take a huge amount of effort to do well, they also take cycles away from bugs and other shutdown tasks.” - Joe Staten.

Hence what I stated earlier.

I definitely hope that they can do it right and maybe show a bit of a demo of the same location we saw last year, but part of me also knows that demos take up a lot of time and i think the dev team have more important work to do.

I was really hoping and kinda thought it was a given that we’d see gameplay at Gamescom as it’s such a large event. Disappointing to say the least that we didn’t. So now I have to assume that’s because they simply weren’t able to, that they don’t even have a slice of the game in a good enough state to wow us now. There’s no doubt the development is under significant pressure and I can’t even imagine how stressful it must be over at 343 so I wish them all the best in their work and their health.

At the rate rate things are going I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get any new campaign gameplay until as late as November. So with that said I’m gonna try my hardest to stop thinking and worrying about it, maybe try forget about Infinite until out of nowhere something amazing is dropped that quells my/our fears over this game lol.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/uk/amp/microsoft-seems-to-be-holding-halo-infinite-back-until-the-last-possible-second/

Halo Infinite needs a campaign demo.