We need "The Map Packs Back" 343!

Please bring back Noble,Defiant and all the Anniversary Maps make it in a Playlist!
I really do miss Highlands,Breakpoint,Ridgeline and Breakneck!

yeah… I wish they would.
Maybe then I’d be willing to spend some money on the Halo 4 DLC’s. But if a year down the road 343 removes the ability to play DLC maps in matchmaking, what’s the point of buying them at all?

… hey, 343 you listening? You’re losing money. You can’t ask people to buy new maps, then take away the playlist that houses those maps , then turn around and ask people to buy more maps.

It was attempted, more than once actually. Take a guess about how well that went? Several problems, they all mainly stem from low population.

1. any low population playlist is dominated by full teams (searching alone was a nightmare, team of 4 vs Randoms all day)

2. rarely get a fair match, very lopsided skills (not enough people to draw searches from)

3. casual players find the competition too stiff, quitting becomes rampant.

Just by asking “what specific reason do you want DLC playlist back” you will find the current system is the best one for the reality of the situation.

If you want a DLC playlist for achievements… You would still need a full team to do it… So nothing is lost by removing the dedicated playlist. You would take that same DLC team and search the other playlists. Easy

If you want to play a good match on DLC maps, same answer. You will find that match easier in Teamslayer than you would in an empty DLC playlist.

Name any reason why you think you want a DLC playlist and I’ll happily explain why you are being better served with current playlist.

The only thing lost by not having DLC dedicated playlist… Is the ability to search alone and find DLC. But that was never a good idea to do in the DLC playlist.

Only things that can help DLC owners now is older DLC owners coming back to play and more players becoming DLC owners. If you guys remember Halo 3 ODST, it came with a Complete Multiplayer Experience Disk with all the defualt maps and map packs. This resulted in DLC being played in H3 multiplayer constantly. If Halo Reach had something to the same effect, then DLC only playlist would be very doable.

> If you want to play a good match on DLC maps, same answer. You will find that match easier in Teamslayer than you would in an empty DLC playlist.

There was never any empty servers when they were but now all they mostly show is pointless forge maps.

> Name any reason why you think you want a DLC playlist and I’ll happily explain why you are being better served with current playlist.

MAYBE because I actually PAID for it, I should be ENTITLED to use what I PAID for. Simple fact is many of us don’t want over-used grey textured forge world maps thrown down our throats. (Forge world should always stay in custom games where it belongs).

> > If you want to play a good match on DLC maps, same answer. You will find that match easier in Teamslayer than you would in an empty DLC playlist.
>
> There was never any empty servers when they were but now all they mostly show is pointless forge maps.

Sorry, what?

> > Name any reason why you think you want a DLC playlist and I’ll happily explain why you are being better served with current playlist.
>
> MAYBE because I actually PAID for it, I should be ENTITLED to use what I PAID for. Simple fact is many of us don’t want over-used grey textured forge world maps thrown down our throats. (Forge world should always stay in custom games where it belongs).

Agreed, we paid for it, we are entitled to be able to use what we paid for <mark>AND WE ARE</mark> In the current system where DLC is in EVERY playlist, it serves DLC owners FAR BETTER than a DLC playlist does. A Dedicated DLC playlist would draw some dlc owners away from the other playlist resulting in what would feel like an even lower drop in DLC owner population. (end result, poorer matches)

The only thing gained by having a DLC Dedicated Playlist would be the ability to seach for DLC without a Team (which was always a dumb idea because the DLC playlist where always dominated by full teams of 4. Nothing really gained) So essentially little was lost and what was gained by this current system is that more DLC owners are concentrated together, resulting in better matches because the higher the population in a playlist… the better Matchmaking can make skilled matches… again better games for DLC owners

If there is a specific reason why you think a Dedicated DLC playlist would <mark>better serve</mark> DLC owners rather than the current system (http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/haloreach/playlists) then please.

A Decent solution would be to make Super Slayer require DLC, but if History holds true… there will be few people to fill it than the last several times we had a DLC dedicated Playlist. Fewer dlc owners will also be in the standard playlist making matches even worse for those owners that didnt go to the Dedicated DLC playlist. But hey, it would still be a nice gesture to remind DLC owners why they are being better served with the current system.

I’m guessing TimZaRob has never “purchased the DLC’S in Reach” and has never played on them cause he probably never experienced how awesome the maps are compared to the -Yoink- forge maps they have up!

> I’m guessing TimZaRob has never “purchased the DLC’S in Reach” and has never played on them cause he probably never experienced how awesome the maps are compared to the Yoink! forge maps they have up!

I own all map packs. The only thing I want more than a dedicated DLC playlist is a working Dedicated Playlist.

> A Decent solution would be to make Super Slayer require DLC, but if History holds true… there will be few people to fill it than the last several times we had a DLC dedicated Playlist. Fewer dlc owners will also be in the standard playlist making matches even worse for those owners that didnt go to the Dedicated DLC playlist. But hey, it would still be a nice gesture to remind DLC owners why they are being better served with the current system.

If you read my post you would know I enjoy DLC, but any solution must be based in reality. Sorry to tell you, but the reality is a few things need to change before a Dedicated Playlist is even an option to consider

> yeah… I wish they would.
> Maybe then I’d be willing to spend some money on the Halo 4 DLC’s. But if a year down the road 343 removes the ability to play DLC maps in matchmaking, what’s the point of buying them at all?
>
> … hey, 343 you listening? You’re losing money. You can’t ask people to buy new maps, then take away the playlist that houses those maps , then turn around and ask people to buy more maps.

Exactly, that is so wrong, i bought all 3 reach map packs and i only play swat playlist, i havent run into one dlc map that i payed for in swat, what the hell 343 :frowning: , and if someone knows if im doing something wrong, please tell me i want to play the maps i payed for, in my favorite playlist. ty

To give people what they all ready paid for they should make the DLC maps free if not already I don’t have a clue then they should be available more freely for those who already paid to play them and it’s unlikely any one is going to by a map pack for a game they can’t use any way.

> To give people what they all ready paid for they should make the DLC maps free if not already I don’t have a clue then they should be available more freely for those who already paid to play them and it’s unlikely any one is going to by a map pack for a game they can’t use any way.

Unfortunately 343i does not control that area. Microsoft is currently refusing to change prices of DLC that include unlockable achievements. That’s been something we’ve been begging for but its very doubtful anyone in Microsoft marketing likes that idea. “Give away our stuff away for free?”

It’s a hard argument to sell guys. It’s not like there will be a massive amount of people will buy xbl gold accounts just because they heard a premium DLC playlist is returning?