We need SpOps and Firefight

So SpOps and Firefight are pretty fun gametypes, we shouldn’t be forced to have one or another. Having both would add to the replayability of the game

Spartan Ops

We should have less missions but focus more on the quality of level design, mission replayability and what I believe is the most important aspect, story telling. Every mission should feel like a unique experience. Episodes 6-10 were awesome but environments were still reused. It should also feature skulls and the options for limited lives.

Firefight

I feel it should be more like ODST, that the odds are are against you, in Reach it did not feels that way, I didn’t feel vulnerable at all, maybe this is the issue with playing as a Spartan. As for maps maybe take playspaces out of Campaign and Spartan Ops but modify them to make it more like a Firefight map. Then we could have Firefight DLC which have brand new areas (out of all the Reach map packs we got two which is disappointing).

More content the better.

I’d like Firefight to have a large classic presence and not as an exception with a more arcade firefight like GOW’s horde along side it as well. If that can be, that’d be great.

Couldn’t agree more.

With the limited development cycle I honestly wouldn’t want for them to try to tackle both seeing how it’d probably reduce the quality of both gamemodes, i’d rather see them pick one or the other (or even come up with a new gamemode) and focus on improving it.

> With the limited development cycle I honestly wouldn’t want for them to try to tackle both seeing how it’d probably reduce the quality of both gamemodes, i’d rather see them pick one or the other (or even come up with a new gamemode) and focus on improving it.

It really doesn’t see like it would that hard to create less missions, new maps and then make them playable for Firefight, and with the larger team it isn’t out of the question

If the maps overlap there really isn’t that much difference to the gamemodes. Spops is really just a waveless, infinite life firefight, with map checkpoints and a story element. They could really just be the same base game mode with editable options.

> If the maps overlap there really isn’t that much difference to the gamemodes. Spops is really just a waveless, infinite life firefight, with map checkpoints and a story element. They could really just be the same base game mode with editable options.

Make additions to the map? I don’t know, but you could use them differently, for me having one the option for just pure survival getting increasingly more difficult, then having one to continue the story and such

ODST Firefight was better, IMO, simply because we were ODSTs. Halo Reach felt like a giant Turkey Shoot and lacked any real tension. We were Super Soldier who just went about our business, killing anything that got in our way. In ODST you couldn’t really do that because it was a lot easier to get killed, so you had to work together as a team to survive. So I believe we should play as Spartans in Campaign/Spartan Ops, but we should play as an ODST in Firefight.

They could even fit it into the story if they wanted as there were plenty of times in Spartan Ops where the Spartans would clear an area and then Marines would come and hold that area. Firefight could take place in some Spartan Ops areas after the Spartans leave, but instead of activating stuff they simply defend the area and keep it out of enemy hands.

One thing Firefight could do is give you the ability to save downed teammates. Games like Mass Effect 3 and Gears of War let you do this, so why not Firefight? It promotes actual cooperation because you need your teammates to survive. If a fellow ODST goes down, you should be able to revive them. If he/she dies, then they don’t respawn until the round is over. I would personally like that.

You may like them both, but they can’t just put anything and everything in the game.

Realistically, some picking and choosing will have to take place, that’s just how it is.
And based on popularity, it makes much more sense to keep Firefight instead of Spartan Ops.

Nice idea I totally agree, but what about this Firefight.This would add a whole new layer of replayability.

I concur, 100%. SpOps and Firefight with separate commendations would also go perfectly. It’ll give us an excuse to continue playing if you think about it. Also, Firefight, ODST style, with a mix of 2x Score Attack would go perfect.

> You may like them both, but they can’t just put anything and everything in the game.
>
> Realistically, some picking and choosing will have to take place, that’s just how it is.
> And based on popularity, it makes much more sense to keep Firefight instead of Spartan Ops.

Incorporate Firefight as DLC down the line then

I would say yes if 343 has the time and effort to do so.

But I don’t want a reach firefight, which for that should make us play as ODST and marines so it more of a challenge.

Spartan ops make the mission more like a campaign then a firefight and not use recycle maps.

If 343 somehow pulls this off without delaying the game or messing up completely then I will be shocked but glad :slight_smile: