we need something to get more people on these forums

obveously good people

anyway the problem right now is how slow the forum moves makeing it ridiculously long to get a post reply and it’s one of the reasons i have been absent for a while. so we need a way to get new users onto this forums, but not slowly becacuse that wont work, we need a fast way to get good people here fast.

my ideas

connect your waypoint carrer and reach stats to forum profile and have more in depth stats on the stats page. bungie noticed when BPR came out so another major update could do something

my other idea is to have a bunch of people scan the bungie forums for good people on one day and invite them to waypoint that specific day, but it needs to be organized so its a rush of new people, and a forum post for the new people would help

however right now im open to suggestions, what do you have?

I realize that there is another thread for this, but you got me thinking about Waypoint as a whole. Its a bit Reach-centric, expanded to older games and Halo Wars when it came to stats etc would be cool. I realize that it does keep track of achievements, but Im thinking along the lines of what Bungie has in place now.

> I realize that there is another thread for this, but you got me thinking about Waypoint as a whole. Its a bit Reach-centric, expanded to older games and Halo Wars when it came to stats etc would be cool. I realize that it does keep track of achievements, but Im thinking along the lines of what Bungie has in place now.

This, they should copy over odst,3,2 and wars stats and make a waypoint one. Also make reach’s it as informational as bungie’s.

Let it grow naturally. Don’t try and build something that may or may not work. Let it grow and build on its own. Let it work on its own. Don’t be afraid to push for advancement or change though :smiley:

See…I kinda like the low activity…that way everyone knows eachother…for example Thy Reaper, Ive seen him post around here alot so I know him as a member, same with other people.

Nah i think its needs to be naurally. Like selena gomez’s song naturally "it comes naturally’

Some of my favourite forums to visit only have a dozen or two active members.

Better, imo, than just getting lots of noise from random people.

I understand where you’re coming from, but I enjoy these forums because everyone here really wants to be here. Besides, it is growing… fast. Bungie’s forums are still jammed with traffic, but Halo fans are moving over. I personally haven’t looked at Bungie’s forums in almost 2 months, other than stopping by Tyrant’s Mythic thread. Now that he’s posted one here on Waypoint, I doubt I’ll ever go back to bungie’s forums. I don’t think I’m alone.

I still access the other websites as usual. I do access waypoint more, but I still go to bnet and post there as well in the Community forum.

A reminder. Halo is so large, Waypoint cannot cater to the diversity of its users like one would like to be catered to individually.

Yet another reminder. What is a Waypoint? A simple definition is

> a reference point in physical space used for purposes of navigation.

To put it more complexly, we are already grouped together in other sites and communities that revolve around the Haloverse. Waypoint is that place where those communities come to discuss their individualities as a group and always be able to look back as a point of reference. This is the nexus of the Haloverse where one finds not only the doors to knowledge and philosophy, but maps and guides to further explore the Haloverse as well.

Waypoint doesn’t need to create incentive for players to discuss or play Halo. That is already done by ourselves and our groupings of different minded players. What we need is what we now have (in Beta form) and that is a place of common and “holy” ground. A beacon of root-commonality that allows the inhabitants to determine the future as it comes, not as it may or may not be.

At least, that’s what I see.

I agree with many on this forum, that this forum is better, smaller. I am a new member here, but already I can see, if not be a part of, the sense of community on this forum. On B.net, although things move faster, they are less likely to get a decent response through all the responses that are just NOT thought out, and because they get buried under other threads. As was said above, everyone here, is here because they really want to be. I hope at some point, I can count myself as a true Waypoint member.

I think AlisonSt sure found a way to increase traffic here. Has anyone else noticed the asplosion of new names / Carter avatar pics on the forums recently?

Kudos to her!

> I think AlisonSt sure found a way to increase traffic here. Has anyone else noticed the asplosion of new names / Carter avatar pics on the forums recently?
>
> Kudos to her!

Yes, I am seeing Carter everywhere. 0_o LOL

i

> I think AlisonSt sure found a way to increase traffic here. Has anyone else noticed the asplosion of new names / Carter avatar pics on the forums recently?
>
> Kudos to her!

i was actually thinking of this but just didnt say it :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the next game will bring alot of new people here, anyways it should be small until it comes out of beta.

By the sound of the latest BWU, a population increase doesn’t seem too far off.

Well my ideas are.

1. make it so you can use forums though waypoint
  2. get Halo 2 vista onto your stats
  3. sub cats for diff games
  4. take the “beta” sign off the forums

I expect to see some major growth in this forum with the transition from Bungie.

I have recently had great results offering crack as an incentive to try harder in school, however I also was fired from my position as proffessor…

Let me rethink this and get back to you…lol

Just kidding Drugs are bad…specially crack.

…but then all the trolls will come! As of now, this is quite a friendly forum. the Bungie forum is crazy!