We need Social Slayer- and so do you

Dear 343,

As a loyal Halo fan, I have always appreciated of how Halo has always made competitive multiplayer matchmaking a top priority. And you all have been successful with that in Halo 5. Arena matchmaking is very good in most aspects. As great as this competitive gameplay is, it alone does not suffice; unranked Social Slayer is needed. I believe this is true for many reasons, and establishing a solid Social Slayer playlist will benefit both 343 and the Halo community.

  1. Social/friend aspect- In addition to competitive gaming, Halo players want to play with their friends and others in a fun atmosphere that will not affect their rank. Especially with the removal of split-screen (which I believe you guys had to do to keep up with other shooters), players need to be able to play with their friends in non-competitive but standard Halo gametype- Warzone and BTB do not always fulfill this need. Social Slayer would solve this problem.
  2. Practice- Players want to be able to warm-up and practice for competitive gameplay with gametypes that replicate those seen in the ranked playlists. The current non-ranked playlists do not allow for this practice. In addition, Social Slayer should not be 5v5; this throws off the map spacing, pace of play, and team dynamics seen in the competitive playlists. As the old saying goes, you need to practice how you play, thus Social Slayer should be 4v4.
  3. Stress-free environment- Many Halo players just enjoy playing the game without caring for a rank or competitive play. I know many players have turned away from Halo 5 because they have not been able to play standard 4v4 gametypes without it being ranked. You can expand your player/fan base if you make this simple addition.

I hope these reasons, which I’m sure you have heard before, help convince you all to incorporate a permanent, 4v4 Social Slayer playlist into Arena matchmaking. I know the Halo community would thank you immensely for it. Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

Will DaBeast

> 2533274816859760;1:
> Dear 343,
>
> As a loyal Halo fan, I have always appreciated of how Halo has always made competitive multiplayer matchmaking a top priority. And you all have been successful with that in Halo 5. Arena matchmaking is very good in most aspects. As great as this competitive gameplay is, it alone does not suffice; unranked Social Slayer is needed. I believe this is true for many reasons, and establishing a solid Social Slayer playlist will benefit both 343 and the Halo community.
> 1. Social/friend aspect- In addition to competitive gaming, Halo players want to play with their friends and others in a fun atmosphere that will not affect their rank. Especially with the removal of split-screen (which I believe you guys had to do to keep up with other shooters), players need to be able to play with their friends in non-competitive but standard Halo gametype- Warzone and BTB do not always fulfill this need. Social Slayer would solve this problem.
> 2. Practice- Players want to be able to warm-up and practice for competitive gameplay with gametypes that replicate those seen in the ranked playlists. The current non-ranked playlists do not allow for this practice. In addition, Social Slayer should not be 5v5; this throws off the map spacing, pace of play, and team dynamics seen in the competitive playlists. As the old saying goes, you need to practice how you play, thus Social Slayer should be 4v4.
> 3. Stress-free environment- Many Halo players just enjoy playing the game without caring for a rank or competitive play. I know many players have turned away from Halo 5 because they have not been able to play standard 4v4 gametypes without it being ranked. You can expand your player/fan base if you make this simple addition.
>
> I hope these reasons, which I’m sure you have heard before, help convince you all to incorporate a permanent, 4v4 Social Slayer playlist into Arena matchmaking. I know the Halo community would thank you immensely for it. Thank you for reading.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Will DaBeast

I agree with you bro.

Exactly its just so chilled out and fun to play

I agree

Nothing to add here, except: I agree!

I gotta say I agree as well. Right now there are only 3 “social” playlists; Grifball, BTB, and whatever the weekly mode is (Multi-team right now). As such I’ve been warming up in BTB, but it is entirely different warming up on a larger scale with more players than in a 4v4 playlist. I can understand their desire to minimize playlists to maximize the player selection so competition doesn’t get stale, but the game is very much young and alive, with plenty of players to play in each mode. Honestly, I feel like it would be good to have both Ranked and Social modes for all the playlists, though I can understand 343i not doing so. In lieu of that, at least allowing Social Slayer or Social Arena would be very much needed right now.

Only if stats don’t count, I’ll never get on board with social modes for small scale games because it’s so easy for scum onyx players to perfect kill and strafe their way through matches, getting 3.0 kd s as a minimum

Yea just bring back the old H3 playlists and add in a few extra ones.

> 2638492817417335;6:
> I gotta say I agree as well. Right now there are only 3 “social” playlists; Grifball, BTB, and whatever the weekly mode is (Multi-team right now). As such I’ve been warming up in BTB, but it is entirely different warming up on a larger scale with more players than in a 4v4 playlist. I can understand their desire to minimize playlists to maximize the player selection so competition doesn’t get stale, but the game is very much young and alive, with plenty of players to play in each mode. Honestly, I feel like it would be good to have both Ranked and Social modes for all the playlists, though I can understand 343i not doing so. In lieu of that, at least allowing Social Slayer or Social Arena would be very much needed right now.

yes they should add social varient for all the playlists but whats more important in my opinion is that those social playlist dont have skill based matchmaking…the current ones do…you may not have to worry about your rank but you still have to sweat…and on obviously party mode game types like fiesta that should NEVER happen

> 2533275007449996;9:
> > 2638492817417335;6:
> > I gotta say I agree as well. Right now there are only 3 “social” playlists; Grifball, BTB, and whatever the weekly mode is (Multi-team right now). As such I’ve been warming up in BTB, but it is entirely different warming up on a larger scale with more players than in a 4v4 playlist. I can understand their desire to minimize playlists to maximize the player selection so competition doesn’t get stale, but the game is very much young and alive, with plenty of players to play in each mode. Honestly, I feel like it would be good to have both Ranked and Social modes for all the playlists, though I can understand 343i not doing so. In lieu of that, at least allowing Social Slayer or Social Arena would be very much needed right now.
>
>
> yes they should add social varient for all the playlists but whats more important in my opinion is that those social playlist dont have skill based matchmaking…the current ones do…you may not have to worry about your rank but you still have to sweat…and on obviously party mode game types like fiesta that should NEVER happen

True. And for games like breakout, I honestly don’t know if there would be a need for a Social playlist (maybe just include it as an option in Social Arena or Slayer).

I don’t need Social Slayer, I need INFECTION!

> 2535460810182211;11:
> I don’t need Social Slayer, I need INFECTION!

But Social Slayer could be a nice add-on, if the Arena maps were bigger for 5v5-6v6…

Not sure I see the point of it to be honest with you. You can play with friends as-is.

You have to consider the queues too. The more playlists you add, the thinner the playerbase is spread.

I agree sometime you would like to be able to play with some of your friend that are less skilled than you so you don’t lose your rank when you are aiming for onyx/champion. Right now if I want to keep my rank I need to tell my friend they might not be good enough (which I hate to do…).

#FriendshipBreaker

> 2533274816859760;1:
> Dear 343,
>
> As a loyal Halo fan, I have always appreciated of how Halo has always made competitive multiplayer matchmaking a top priority. And you all have been successful with that in Halo 5. Arena matchmaking is very good in most aspects. As great as this competitive gameplay is, it alone does not suffice; unranked Social Slayer is needed. I believe this is true for many reasons, and establishing a solid Social Slayer playlist will benefit both 343 and the Halo community.
> 1. Social/friend aspect- In addition to competitive gaming, Halo players want to play with their friends and others in a fun atmosphere that will not affect their rank. Especially with the removal of split-screen (which I believe you guys had to do to keep up with other shooters), players need to be able to play with their friends in non-competitive but standard Halo gametype- Warzone and BTB do not always fulfill this need. Social Slayer would solve this problem.
> 2. Practice- Players want to be able to warm-up and practice for competitive gameplay with gametypes that replicate those seen in the ranked playlists. The current non-ranked playlists do not allow for this practice. In addition, Social Slayer should not be 5v5; this throws off the map spacing, pace of play, and team dynamics seen in the competitive playlists. As the old saying goes, you need to practice how you play, thus Social Slayer should be 4v4.
> 3. Stress-free environment- Many Halo players just enjoy playing the game without caring for a rank or competitive play. I know many players have turned away from Halo 5 because they have not been able to play standard 4v4 gametypes without it being ranked. You can expand your player/fan base if you make this simple addition.
>
> I hope these reasons, which I’m sure you have heard before, help convince you all to incorporate a permanent, 4v4 Social Slayer playlist into Arena matchmaking. I know the Halo community would thank you immensely for it. Thank you for reading.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Will DaBeast

100% agree and I’ve played with you before, I remember your tag

I honestly thought the maps flowed far, far better with 5 v 5.

> 2533274857405414;7:
> Only if stats don’t count, I’ll never get on board with social modes for small scale games because it’s so easy for scum onyx players to perfect kill and strafe their way through matches, getting 3.0 kd s as a minimum

So basically what you’re saying is that because someone is better than you it makes them scum? Smh. That’s the problem most people who say they want “social” playlists don’t want it to be for everyone. Why can’t an onyx play social? Don’t blame others for your skill (or lack thereof) I can get behind the social playlist thing but I won’t because people like don’t want social, they want an easy way out. Guess what? If you get ranked you won’t have to worry about playing against onyx. You play your skill level. (Or fairly close) how dare you call someone who sat down, played the game, got better instead of complaining to the Devs for an easy way out. Shame on you!!

> 2533275008405049;17:
> > 2533274857405414;7:
> > Only if stats don’t count, I’ll never get on board with social modes for small scale games because it’s so easy for scum onyx players to perfect kill and strafe their way through matches, getting 3.0 kd s as a minimum
>
>
> So basically what you’re saying is that because someone is better than you it makes them scum? Smh. That’s the problem most people who say they want “social” playlists don’t want it to be for everyone. Why can’t an onyx play social? Don’t blame others for your skill (or lack thereof) I can get behind the social playlist thing but I won’t because people like don’t want social, they want an easy way out. Guess what? If you get ranked you won’t have to worry about playing against onyx. You play your skill level. (Or fairly close) how dare you call someone who sat down, played the game, got better instead of complaining to the Devs for an easy way out. Shame on you!!

No I’m calling the people who come into games that are unranked to deliberately face people lower rank and pad there stats, ruin there games and just abuse the system. And “guess what” I do get ranked and play people of my own skill, in RANKED playlists. You’ve just contradicted yourself, telling me to play ranked because it’s fair when that’s my whole point? If everyone could just “get better” to be onyx rank then no body would be onyx…

Theres nothing social about people abusing the lack of ranks and going in full parties of champion and onyx players , knowing full well they’ll be against golds and just destroying them , game after game.