WE NEED RANKS IN GAME 343 ALSO DIVID PLAYLIST

WE NEED RANKS IN GAME! 343 U DONT UNDERSTAND HOW IMPROTANT IT IS TO HAVE THEM IN GAME! There is no motivation into getting a 50 cause its not in game. 343 I believe if u put ranks in game it will bring back a lot of the population that left please just do this 1 thing. Lets say i get beat real bad in a game i want to see that guys rank i half to take the time pull up my phone or computer search his gamertag and find out his rank that takes a lot of time! Wouldnt it be easier just to look at it in the game. Look at how succesful ranks in halo 3 and halo 2 were they gave u something to strive for and now that u guys put it on the website its pointless. Ok so 1 more thing some people dont want CSR in every playlist CSR needs to be divided kinda like halo 3’s make the social playlist such as: Infinity Slayer, Big team infinity slayer, Team Action sack, Rumble pit, Dominion, , Capture the flag, Multi team, Flood, Team objective, Grifball, and swat ranks based of how much u play-use the progression ranking system. Than for the competitive playlist such as Team Throwdown, Team snipers, and Team Doubles, use the CSR ranking system but put the ranks in game! Another suggestion is to ask the creator of the team throwdown playlist Eric Hewitt if he could make a competitive free for all playlist that uses the team throwdown settings.

I think having CSR show in the game and on your service record would greatly improve this game.

It would become a lot more competitive and the community as a whole would be better players.

That being said CSR is way too easy to rank up IMO.

Haven’t been on the forums in a while but I read that it was physically impossible to put in game CSR on Halo 4. Or maybe BS Angel just lied?

I have a pretty good feeling that in Halo 5 they will for sure put in game CSR into the actual game. The reason I say that is because they have actually been listening to our needs and wants as gamers and they have made constant changes to TRY to keep everyone happy.

So no doubt it’s in their minds to put this back in game.

Having a CSR rank is game is useless because the ranking system itself is not built correctly. I got 2 50s, playing solo in INF Slayer and BT INF SLAYER all within about 30-40 games total.

It should take multiple WINs to level up like it did in Halo 2 or the fact you beat better players. Just because I dumped on bad kids doesn’t mean I should go from 40 to 50 in about 5-6 games.

Just make a proper ranked playlist like in Halo 3 that has visible ranks and only matches you within close range of your rank.

This whole social csr is kind of a joke if your going to put ‘competitive’ skill rank in a playlist then make it a proper ranked playlist and not some airy fairy social/competitive mix.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Even as a casual, I nevertheless agree that there needs to be a divide between competitive and non-competitive playlists.

Even if one doesn’t play this or a similar game, a divide between competitive, non-competitive/social, etc. is simply a natural outcome of any sort of activity that involves different grades of competition between human beings.

What use is a ranking system if there is no distinction between those who want to compete in contest to better themselves and others in a fair, good-natured context, and those who simply want to have fun and perhaps improve specific skills?

Do professional events like sports, word games, chess, etc. have a mishmash of professionals, competitives, and casuals playing together?

No, they do not.

Do many people whine about not being in the Olympics just because they aren’t world-class athletes?

Why be afraid of being told that you have limits or that you can’t do this or that?

When confronted by this, the most logical and mature choice is to accept this and find a way to deal with it, and even find a way to turn it around for the positive.

Even better, strive to find a way to surpass the situation, and be the best you can be.

Improving oneself in the face of adversity, even in an artificial context, is not only fundamental to our humanity, but to life itself.

Why undermine that, when it is better for everyone when we should all strive to better ourselves and each other?

Please, 343, allow all of the people who play this game to return to that positive purpose, so we can all be a thriving, good-natured, and sporting community once again.

Why is there no choice for rank in game and a division in playlist?

Remove trueskill and CSR all together and implement a serious ranking system.

Add in-game rank to competitive game types ONLY.

Make a ranked playlist for competitive players and make a playlist for casual gamers.

Make Halo a competitive game.

Make halo have a true skill gap.

343i, FOR HALO 5, DO NOT hold players hand. Let them learn how to play a competitive based game.

Halo is a competitive game, 343i. I hope you understand.

> > I agree wholeheartedly.
> >
> > Even as a casual, I nevertheless agree that there needs to be a divide between competitive and non-competitive playlists.
> >
> > Even if one doesn’t play this or a similar game, a divide between competitive, non-competitive/social, etc. is simply a natural outcome of any sort of activity that involves different grades of competition between human beings.
> >
> > What use is a ranking system if there is no distinction between those who want to compete in contest to better themselves and others in a fair, good-natured context, and those who simply want to have fun and perhaps improve specific skills?
> >
> > Do professional events like sports, word games, chess, etc. have a mishmash of professionals, competitives, and casuals playing together?
> >
> > No, they do not.
> >
> > Do many people whine about not being in the Olympics just because they aren’t world-class athletes?
> >
> > Why be afraid of being told that you have limits or that you can’t do this or that?
> >
> > When confronted by this, the most logical and mature choice is to accept this and find a way to deal with it, and even find a way to turn it around for the positive.
> >
> > Even better, strive to find a way to surpass the situation, and be the best you can be.
> >
> > Improving oneself in the face of adversity, even in an artificial context, is not only fundamental to our humanity, but to life itself.
> >
> > Why undermine that, when it is better for everyone when we should all strive to better ourselves and each other?
> >
> >
> > Please, 343, allow all of the people who play this game to return to that positive purpose, so we can all be a thriving, good-natured, and sporting community once again.
>
> The sad truth is, is that 343i designed this game for casuals. So, even though 343i is making it more “competitive” it is clearly still casual friendly. In their point of view, they will not divide playlists because there’s no point. The casuals do not care about their “CSR” and they will rarely check waypoint.
>
> For example, One of the most casual game type is Flood, yet 343i decided to add CSR to it. CSR has been added to all playlists… What a joke.

Indeed, this game is too casual.

Even for me, there is a growing sense of disappointment the more I play this game.

While I still like the game, seeing what the skillful and competitive players have to deal with is making me think differently.

The way this game is designed isn’t fair to anyone, especially those who are masters of the game, and have worked long and hard to be at that level.

Why should skillful, competitive gamers who have put the time and effort into being good have to be undermined so much?

> Indeed, this game is too casual.

“Too Casual” my Yoink!
The problem is that 343 is cattering to the competitive community.
I don’t wanna have to play in a ranked playlist especial with a ranking system that’s broken if I wanted to play competitively I’d go into team throwdown.

The game has been out for more than 6 months and matchmaking which system which is still broken and makes every playlist pretty lame. But instead of fixing it 343 decided to give us CSR which honestly is broken.

Don’t whine about how the competive community is in the wrong, There’s bigger things to worry about than that.

> > Indeed, this game is too casual.
>
> “Too Casual” my Yoink!
> The problem is that 343 is cattering to the competitive community.
> I don’t wanna have to play in a ranked playlist especial with a ranking system that’s broken if I wanted to play competitively I’d go into team throwdown.
>
> The game has been out for more than 6 months and matchmaking which system which is still broken and makes every playlist pretty lame. But instead of fixing it 343 decided to give us CSR which honestly is broken.
>
> Don’t whine about how the competive community is in the wrong, There’s bigger things to worry about than that.

I don’t understand what you mean.

If I didn’t clarify, then I am sorry.

My statements are in support of the demands of the competitive community, of which I am not a part of in any way, shape, or form.

I am a sporadic casual, and even then, I am hilariously bad at this game.

So no, I do not believe that the competitive community is in the wrong at all.

I fully respect their opinions and intentions, and take what they say on good faith, since they are at a level I can never reach.

The only reasons for visible ranking system:

a) player is too lazy to go to Waypoint to look at rank (but not too lazy to go to Waypoint to complain)

b) player is a show-boater who thinks his rank makes him bad–Yoink- and wants everyone else to think so too.

If there are others of which I am unaware then please enlighten.

I agree…I mean…how difficult is it? really? to have us play against people at our own skill level. I’m sick of losing 50 matches in a row…and winning 10 in a row…its not fair. you have k/d spread records…its not perfect but its a damn start…FIX THE GAME

The competitive players opinions generally reflect how to make the game better for them. I am a casual who just wants to enjoy the game, not chuck a hissy fit because my precious csr dropped a point.

I have a vague recollection of various different game features that have been created over the years with the competitive minority in mind. The disastrous Halo 3 ranking system, the MLG playlists, Reach’s Arena. None of them were perfect, and a good argument could be made that each was a dismal failure.

The most useful tool ever created for serious players is forge and custom games. But serious players apparently only really enjoy the game in a public playlist where they can grief noobs for hours on end. That’s what this all boils down to. Everyone wants every little detail of Halo to be exactly the way they want it to be. Because their way is better, because their way is the way it used to be, because if you can’t play it their way then you aren’t really any good at the game… the list of ludicrous rationales goes on.

Halo is what it is. It is what it has had to evolve into. Evolve with it, embrace change. Or go play Call of Duty.

> I have a vague recollection of various different game features that have been created over the years with the competitive minority in mind. The disastrous Halo 3 ranking system, the MLG playlists, Reach’s Arena. None of them were perfect, and a good argument could be made that each was a dismal failure.
>
> The most useful tool ever created for serious players is forge and custom games. But serious players apparently only really enjoy the game in a public playlist where they can grief noobs for hours on end. That’s what this all boils down to. Everyone wants every little detail of Halo to be exactly the way they want it to be. Because their way is better, because their way is the way it used to be, because if you can’t play it their way then you aren’t really any good at the game… the list of ludicrous rationales goes on.
>
> Halo is what it is. It is what it has had to evolve into. Evolve with it, embrace change. Or go play Call of Duty.

I agree, the pro players like to blame the noobs and casuals for all the short comings of h4. Yet they don’t mind playing against the noobs as a way of inflating their stats, csr etc.
I play h4 purely for the enjoyment, not to become obsessed with a number that is really a farce, due to the factors that can effect that number, such as mismatched games, lag, hosting etc.
The infinity playlists should have been left alone, not been polluted with the pro playlists that seem to dominate the choices in the lobby. I have not noticed a great population explosion since the pro playlists were included.
All I have noticed is now it takes me ages to find a game I like.

> The only reasons for visible ranking system:
>
> a) player is too lazy to go to Waypoint to look at rank (but not too lazy to go to Waypoint to complain)
>
> b) player is a show-boater who thinks his rank makes him bad–Yoink!- and wants everyone else to think so too.
>
> If there are others of which I am unaware then please enlighten.

Let’s keep beating this dead horse with even more entirely subjective reasoning -

Reasons against a visible ranking system:

a) Player is too sensitive to deal with a little trash talk, when surprisingly the mute option is readily available.

b) Player is worried about boosters. Who cares? Let them boost and do your own thing.

c) Derankers. The only legitimate argument against a ranking system that can be squelched by a well-thought-out system. Repeated suicides = prompt rest of team for a boot. Simple. This case doesn’t even happen that often anyway.

Oh I should point out that, given a ranked/social split, social playlists would not have a rank attached! Imagine that!

> WE NEED RANKS IN GAME! 343 U DONT UNDERSTAND HOW IMPROTANT IT IS TO HAVE THEM IN GAME! There is no motivation into getting a 50 cause its not in game. 343 I believe if u put ranks in game it will bring back a lot of the population that left please just do this 1 thing. Lets say i get beat real bad in a game i want to see that guys rank i half to take the time pull up my phone or computer search his gamertag and find out his rank that takes a lot of time! Wouldnt it be easier just to look at it in the game. Look at how succesful ranks in halo 3 and halo 2 were they gave u something to strive for and now that u guys put it on the website its pointless. Ok so 1 more thing some people dont want CSR in every playlist CSR needs to be divided kinda like halo 3’s make the social playlist such as: Infinity Slayer, Big team infinity slayer, Team Action sack, Rumble pit, Dominion, , Capture the flag, Multi team, Flood, Team objective, Grifball, and swat ranks based of how much u play-use the progression ranking system. Than for the competitive playlist such as Team Throwdown, Team snipers, and Team Doubles, use the CSR ranking system but put the ranks in game! Another suggestion is to ask the creator of the team throwdown playlist Eric Hewitt if he could make a competitive free for all playlist that uses the team throwdown settings.

343 and the community have already established that it will not happen in Halo 4, maybe Halo 5. I am totally against In-Game ranks I have my reasons but asking it for Halo 4 is pointless.