We Need PVE modes

Despite the concern for lack of other content in this game, we really need a PVE mode. I’m tired of going to campaign just to kill some banished. I would like to see a version of firefight for this game with the ability to forge firefight maps as well. Warzone needs a comeback too. Things like a flood survival mode would really bring players back to Infinite. Just my thoughts, I’m hoping 343 gots something special up their sleeves other than the upcoming Battle Royale when it comes to content outside of basic 4v4 or 12v12 multiplayer playlists.

29 Likes

I agree. We need something like Firefight, similar to ODST and Reach. That is the good example of PVE mode.

And I guess Halo did alright with that. Another thing could be another mode like Spartan Ops.

4 Likes

Agree.
Making some Firefight map will not be a difficult work, I think.
And maybe we can make some campaign missions from Halo 1,2,3,ODST, Reach remaked and put them into Halo infinite.

5 Likes

agree we really need now a PVE game mode like it has been since halo reach.

i like to see Warzone from halo 5 make’s a return with better settings then the REQ system.
more like a Point system that works more the same like the REQ system only you get no REQ points but normal points to spent.
and there are no REQ cards or any type all.
and the same can be use for Warzone Firefight.

6 Likes

They’ll never make a PVE mode again, it’s not profitable. I was complaining about this a week or so ago.

3 Likes

its not profitable if its F2P like the matchmaking is.

and was Firefight not the best PVE mode in the halo serie’s we all see in halo reach and halo 5 that it was something good to have in the game and the serie’s to have.
we all know that the spec ops from halo 4 was compleet hate by the comunety.

its the same like COD titels that have the Zombie’s PVE mode what is doing also good and has become populier there.

2 Likes

Extraction, a PvE mode has been leaked. They are working on PvE.

Just take the three levels of Escharum’'s Keep where you fight waves of banished around mock UNSC bases and turn it into a PvE gauntlet mode.

Let us fight various HVT’s at the end of the gauntlet. Easy peasy lemon squeezey.

4 Likes

it feels like to me there make more a Objective PVE game mode again like in spec ops from halo 4.
have there not learn from the halo 4 spec ops mode mistake that it was more a hate mode from the halo serie’s and players wane have a slayer Pve mode like firefight more and not care about the Objective settings.

and the name remembers me the same like Cod ghost has when there replace the zombie’s mode with something like that also and most people hate it.

This is entirely right. PVE missing from H5 at launch was a step backwards and Bot Slayer was a poor man’s replacement

3 Likes

They need to fix the bots before they do anything else. There needs to be more of them (max 24) and they need to be able to enter vehicles/emplacements.

1 Like

Warzone and Firefight are really needed to get people back on infinite

1 Like

They also need to incorporate the marines into it so it’s not just chief vs the world.

5 Likes

mo options is mo better

2 Likes

Yes, but the basis for whatever is in Firefight would be what’s in the campaign, which currently is a bit limited and boring.
So the campaign needs to first be expanded with new enemy types (or hopefully a whole new enemy faction) and some new vehicles.
If they took the lazy route, those “challenge arenas” that Escharum set up for Chief toward the end of the campaign could be copied and pasted as Firefight maps, with random enemy spawns. But that might not be very replayable, and it could have been done right there at launch if they were gonna

2 Likes

That would be awesome. That part of the campaign was a firefight mode. So I don’t see why we don’t already have a firefight mode.

1 Like

With 343 opting to launch Halo Infinite without a co-op campaign then at the very least a 4 person firefight mode should have been available instead.

How hard is it to let 4 friends fight waves of Banished AI in a controlled map / environment.

1 Like

would love to see firefight return but only after the base game is patched up and complete.

splitscreen campaign included.

The new achievements look nice. I’m sad they didn’t place any hardcore achievements that encourage people to strive for more teamed up or alone. Thunder skull changes the game up an beautifuly turns Halo infinite legendary into a strategic tactics based FPS. Let’s encourage players to use there brains in the spirit of HW2. Laso is the only alternative play style rewarded. For achievements I’m thinking something like beat Silent Conservatory with Thunder skull on without dying Heroic or higher. Team up if needed. To few people have fun playing on Legendary an this may explain why we have few Hardcore achievements.
These achievements don’t push us to go beyond Legendary. Heroic is more well balanced with the PvP side an more popular maybe Haso Heroic all skulls on would have been more popular. with Mythic skull on give a reason to use it. Maybe the forge will have PvE content where the community can forge unique skirmishes etc. Spartan Ops was hit or miss yet they had some splendid battles missed by most of the community.

PVE Modes like Warzone and Firefight encourages people to help each other. Theres much less hatred and much more teamplay in PVE modes. Thats my personal experience.

3 Likes

Agree entirely… Except for team splatters

1 Like