We Need New Features And I Mean NOW!

With the new generation of console gaming, we need Halo to make an extraordinary entry; it must be unique, powerful, new, cool, have all the good features of the other games that fits, and a more fun and competitive layout.

So my question is: What Feature would You like to Have in Halo 5, something unique, something grand!?

TitanFall has its Giant Mechs, a unique storyline in MM, and extraordinary actions not seen from any other game(on the market on console that is an fps)

CoD and BF now have their destructible environments and bigger customization

BF has a massive sandbox

Destiny has an MMO-ish game-style

What could we make from these given things, and what could we add that has never been seen before?

Well first we must see what Halo is like, what is.
Halo is an Arena Shooter
Halo is a Sci-Fi game
Halo has thick stories
Halo has futuristic soldiers
Halo is well known for custom games and Forge
Halo has other types of games like Halo Wars and Halo SA
Halo used to be shrouded in mystery
Halo has Aliens
Halo has Vehicles
Halo has amazing graphics and now has 60fps
Halo has the Flood
Halo has Guns
Halo requires skill
Halo has the Golden Triangle
Halo is Unique
Halo is Fun
Halo is Halo

Well I for one also believe that most of the previous features and dynamics that were cut out from Halo 4 should return(and yes its guns too).

Creating unique features is difficult.

We need some of the most popular Forgers/CG Makers to come together and brainstorm.
Their ideas would be run through a group of highly experienced Halo players.
If accepted by them, 343i would then consider it and decide whether or not they should go through with it.

If we could organize that somehow, Halo 5 would be truly innovative and unique.

I want to see big vehicles in Halo 5 multiplayer like pelicans, phantoms, and the elephant. The xbox one should be able to handle those things by now.

> Creating unique features is difficult.
>
> We need some of the most popular Forgers/CG Makers to come together and brainstorm.
> Their ideas would be run through a group of highly experienced Halo players.
> If accepted by them, 343i would then consider it and decide whether or not they should go through with it.
>
> If we could organize that somehow, Halo 5 would be truly innovative and unique.

Well first off I’d expect the most popular forgers to say Developer Kit… it has infinite possibilities.

Next I would expect the competitive guys to say a 1-50 true skill ranking system like Halo 3, but is now in-game.( maybe also reach-like ranks)

I’d expect Machinima makers to say scene editor, skins, human air vehicles, custom textures, theater everywhere, and so much more(and weapon lowering that works)

Some guys would like a more balanced starting loadout choice.

Some guys would want the removal of ordanance

Some guys would want even larger battles…

But has anyone out of those guys, have an idea of new gameplay? I agree that it is very hard, but they would have all different ideas as well. I don’t think anyone has dared to think of venturing off the golden triangle, but in the end, it could work, only if they make use of what is at hand.

Some features I would personally like are: a full fledged map editor, spectator mode, a revamped theater which supports single player, multiplayer and has a slew of new features like a dolly cam, more editing tools, and the ability to upload directly to YouTube. I also want custom games to receive a lot of attention and have more options than ever before like editing damage properties for certain weapons, make individual teams have different stats and other things that allow you to completely change the way the game is typically played. Couple that with a real map editor and you’ll have an insane amount of replayability that will keep people playing for years.

These aren’t exactly “new” to Halo, but I want to see ranks and clans added back as well.

I think that would be a good start.

Well, I would like to test multigravitational maps, or whatever you may call them.

Think of it like a sphere, and you’re on the inside. You can stand on every surface upright. Meaning that every surface inside the basic sphere is pulling the characters down. Heads are pointing towards each other so to say. It wouldn’t matter where you stand, everywhere inside the sphere is upright for you.

This could the also be expanded to other shapes such as being outside the sphere, inside a timeglass, or outside on a doughnut and so on.

Another thing I also want is “Firefight 3.0”. Perhaps a very radical change from the traditional firefight, but here is a really old thread, pre Halo 5 announcement where I talk about my wishes, didn’t quite get the attention I thought it’d get.

> <mark>Well, I would like to test multigravitational maps, or whatever you may call them.</mark>
> <mark>Think of it like a sphere, and you’re on the inside. You can stand on every surface upright. Meaning that every surface inside the basic sphere is pulling the characters down. Heads are pointing towards each other so to say. It wouldn’t matter where you stand, everywhere inside the sphere is upright for you.</mark>
> <mark>This could the also be expanded to other shapes such as being outside the sphere, inside a timeglass, or outside on a doughnut and so on.</mark>
>
> Another thing I also want is “Firefight 3.0”. Perhaps a very radical change from the traditional firefight, but here is a really old thread, pre Halo 5 announcement where I talk about my wishes, didn’t quite get the attention I thought it’d get.

Now what you just posted sir, is what I have been trying to get an answer for, thanks.
Although I have a different idea on Firefight(it could just be called something else though)
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst223619_New-Firefight-Mode-For-Halo--Addiction-YES.aspx