We need more variety in the ranked playlists

I see you guys dropped Halo Reach Team Slayer from ranked which was an okay move, considering not many people were playing that. One thing that needs to be pointed out is the fact that there are literally 4 ranked playlists for Halo 3, and two of those are for doubles. I know there are many who love H3 but there are so many of us that want H2A ranked as well as H4. These don’t even have to be hardcore playlists, they can literally just be Precision Slayer playlists. Along with different playlists, you need to open the boundaries in the current playlists, we are all having trouble finding games quickly. If you’re a 343 Dev that is reading this, PLEASE consider this. I’m sick of seeing MCC the way it is and I just want to see the community grow.

> 2535441854343518;1:
> I see you guys dropped Halo Reach Team Slayer from ranked which was an okay move, considering not many people were playing that. One thing that needs to be pointed out is the fact that there are literally 4 ranked playlists for Halo 3, and two of those are for doubles. I know there are many who love H3 but there are so many of us that want H2A ranked as well as H4. These don’t even have to be hardcore playlists, they can literally just be Precision Slayer playlists. Along with different playlists, you need to open the boundaries in the current playlists, we are all having trouble finding games quickly. If you’re a 343 Dev that is reading this, PLEASE consider this. I’m sick of seeing MCC the way it is and I just want to see the community grow.

I see your point but there’s a multitude of reasons you may not be able to find matches quickly.
From connection, skill to population.
Adding/removing playlists won’t really fix the issues at hand.
If anything MCC should trim ranked playlists down to a few core playlists. It’s hard to say when I don’t know what the population of the game is but considering it’s pretty old now it may be smaller.

I would like to see H3 BTB or 4v4 H4 infinity slayer, but I don’t know how popular those would be. There are so many options and so many smaller communities that would like to see their favorite game type/game in the rotation, it’s hard to pick just a few. You’ve got SWAT, Snipers, grifball, FFA, BTB, Objective, Slayer, Hardcore, etc. and 6 different halo games to choose from. Really tough choices.

There should be a rotational slot that changes every month. I think that would be a good solution.

I wish we could get more variety. I wouldn’t hold your breath, 343 has done a terrible job of managing ranked playlists for a long time now. We’ve provided them ample feedback on what we’ve wanted to see for over a year now and nothing changes. Take halo 2 classic for example, h2c team arena was removed and replaced with team hardcore in MARCH of 2019, which nobody asked for, it was a dead playlist by April. It’s been well over year since H2c has seen any changes in ranked, and 343 has been provided so much feedback every month since then and absolutely nothing ever changes. Still not H4 ranked playlist either, but thank goodness we have TWO H3 team doubles playlists, amirite??

In my opinion and many others, a Ranked Match Composer with 2v2, 4v4 and 6v6 (Squad Battle + Invasion) offerings for all games is the way to go. That said, you’d have a rank based on the Halo game you’re playing and size of the match, just like right now, and games like Halo 4 and H2A would have ranked playlists.

You can support that option here: “H2C Hardcore is empty - A global ranked issue?”