we need more spartan locke in infinite

Spartan Locke was one of the best characters to ever be introduced to the franchise. In fact, he may be one of the best characters ever put in a game period. I’m really hoping they include more missions with Locke in Infinite. Who’s with me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJggTCSDQas

If I recall correctly, 343 has confirmed that it will be a Chief-centric story. Perhaps Locke will be included as a side character, but he won’t be playable (unless they do a Halo 3 style co-op where Locke is the second player)

> 2535435902217648;3:
> If I recall correctly, 343 has confirmed that it will be a Chief-centric story. Perhaps Locke will be included as a side character, but he won’t be playable (unless they do a Halo 3 style co-op where Locke is the second player)

I’d be ok with this. 2 from blue 2 from Osiris though I wish they would just have player 1 MC and the other 3 our Spartans

> 2535441777257585;1:
> In fact, he may be one of the best characters ever put in a game period.

Ha, good one.

We already got plenty of Locke in H5. I hope we get less of him in Infinite.

> 2535435902217648;3:
> If I recall correctly, 343 has confirmed that it will be a Chief-centric story. Perhaps Locke will be included as a side character, but he won’t be playable (unless they do a Halo 3 style co-op where Locke is the second player)

maybe make a spin off game with Locke as the main character.

> 2535441777257585;6:
> > 2535435902217648;3:
> > If I recall correctly, 343 has confirmed that it will be a Chief-centric story. Perhaps Locke will be included as a side character, but he won’t be playable (unless they do a Halo 3 style co-op where Locke is the second player)
>
> maybe make a spin off game with Locke as the main character.

An RPG-style game centered around his ONI career could be really cool

What makes Spartan Locke such a compelling character? You said he is arguably one of the best characters to have ever been put in a game but did not give a single reason as to why.

> 2535435902217648;7:
> > 2535441777257585;6:
> > > 2535435902217648;3:
> > > If I recall correctly, 343 has confirmed that it will be a Chief-centric story. Perhaps Locke will be included as a side character, but he won’t be playable (unless they do a Halo 3 style co-op where Locke is the second player)
> >
> > maybe make a spin off game with Locke as the main character.
>
> An RPG-style game centered around his ONI career could be really cool

Yeah totally. Kind of like an ODST style game. Just imagine Halo: The ONI Files. Starring yours truly!

After replaying Halo 5’s campaign and watching the campaign’s cutscenes multiple times, I still don’t understand how Locke nor his fireteam should be prioritise more than Chief - who has been the main character of all the mainline Halo games since Combat Evolved.

> 2533275008181400;10:
> After replaying Halo 5’s campaign and watching the campaign’s cutscenes multiple times, I still don’t understand how Locke nor his fireteam should be prioritise more than Chief - who has been the main character of all the mainline Halo games since Combat Evolved.

Locke is a really good character. He has a lot of great dialogue and character traits. I really enjoyed his voice acting and his missions were awesome too.

> 2535441777257585;11:
> > 2533275008181400;10:
> > After replaying Halo 5’s campaign and watching the campaign’s cutscenes multiple times, I still don’t understand how Locke nor his fireteam should be prioritise more than Chief - who has been the main character of all the mainline Halo games since Combat Evolved.
>
> Locke is a really good character. He has a lot of great dialogue and character traits. I really enjoyed his voice acting and his missions were awesome too.

How is he a good character though? He just seems to be another soldier following orders

I have a feeling the OP is being sarcastic.

He was just okay for me, kinda boring. If they continue with him I hope they make him more interesting. They’ve stated the focus will be on Chief though so I don’t know how much Locke will be in it. If he is in it I’d imagine it’d just be via cutscene and not playable. Unless they just meant it will have more Chief rather than only Chief as a playable character.

I feel like OP is being sarcastic. However, I wouldn’t mind one mission of us helping Locke battle some Promethean or Cortana’s Covenant. But only have him as an NPC or something. Like how Buck was on New Alexandria.

> 2533275031939856;14:
> He was just okay for me, kinda boring. If they continue with him I hope they make him more interesting. They’ve stated the focus will be on Chief though so I don’t know how much Locke will be in it. If he is in it I’d imagine it’d just be via cutscene and not playable. Unless they just meant it will have more Chief rather than only Chief as a playable character.

I think what they’re hinting at is that John is going to retire and Locke is going to become the new Master Chief,

I would expect Locke to either die or be only used in the expanded universe. Like how Thorne is treated since he is now only in books and comic.

> 2535441777257585;16:
> > 2533275031939856;14:
> > He was just okay for me, kinda boring. If they continue with him I hope they make him more interesting. They’ve stated the focus will be on Chief though so I don’t know how much Locke will be in it. If he is in it I’d imagine it’d just be via cutscene and not playable. Unless they just meant it will have more Chief rather than only Chief as a playable character.
>
> I think what they’re hinting at is that John is going to retire and Locke is going to become the new Master Chief,

Well they better make him into a much better character because if H5 Locke replaced Chief I’d be very disappointed.

Locke is boring

> 2533274830166194;12:
> > 2535441777257585;11:
> > > 2533275008181400;10:
> > > After replaying Halo 5’s campaign and watching the campaign’s cutscenes multiple times, I still don’t understand how Locke nor his fireteam should be prioritise more than Chief - who has been the main character of all the mainline Halo games since Combat Evolved.
> >
> > Locke is a really good character. He has a lot of great dialogue and character traits. I really enjoyed his voice acting and his missions were awesome too.
>
> How is he a good character though? He just seems to be another soldier following orders

Why is that necessarily a bad thing? The Master Chief was objectively in the wrong for going AWOL in pursuit of Cortana and a start a consequence very nearly got captured. I say nearly because it was Locke following his orders that resulted in his and Blue Team’s rescue.