We need more 'skill' back in Reach.

Halo Reach, most likely the only game that took less skill in multiplayer and easly has the worst multiplayer than the others IMO. I liked Reach, at first. Then, multiple changes were made very apparent in the later months.

Bloom, just plain random, it doesnt belong in Halo, and the fact that Bungie based this MP loosely on CoD struck me as odd.

Then, there are Armor Abilities. Why give the option to call forth the power of Reach and become invincible for 6 seconds and the ability to drain shields, EMP, and slow gameplay? Then there is jet pack. Sounds better on paper, but didnt work well with MP since it gives someone an upper hand since he/she can fly up, rain hell upon the person below, but it also gives the user the ability to gain control of areas that are higher up on a map. Sprint /evade were okay, but now people to use both to flee a fight which they should’ve lost and due to bloom, you wont always get the kill after he/se flees. Camo/Hologram are probablly the most useless abilities in the game. Active Camo: One slight movement and your camo is gone and the fact that while your using the camo, yours and your teamates and enemies radars are jammed, thus people know instantly that someone is invisible around them. Hologram: Send out and obvious clone that only the noobiest noob would fall for. Drop Shield isnt even in most gametypes anymore and was probablly the closest ability to Halo 3’s Bubble Shield and Regenerator, while featuring weaker protection that took only 2 grenades to dispense.

Also, most gametypes feature the AR as either a primary or secondary. Thus, instead of relying on your ‘skill’ you just hold down the right trigger and spray. I liked how in H3 if you vetoed Team ARs, you got Team BRs every time.

I never get teamed up with reasonably good teammates at all. I dont rely on my team anymore and I have enough games played that all my teammates go negative and try to betray me when I get the power weapon. There isnt a ranked playlist in Reach, thus you always play with someone who is either a lower ranked or has a negative K/D.

Jeez dude, I never lose my DMR battles. Doesn’t seem too random to me.

Also, armor lock is great for taking some of the noob tactics like grenade spam and melee out of peoples tool box. If you shoot somebody with your gun they rarely armor lock, they shoot back.

With regards to the AR, I win all my AR battles because I don’t hold down the trigger. Maybe if you tried burst fire you would realize there is actually a really big skill gap even on the AR.

> With regards to the AR, I win all my AR battles because I don’t hold down the trigger. Maybe if you tried burst fire you would realize there is actually a really big skill gap even on the AR.

I dont use the AR…Period. Its not that I lose my fights, its that its annoying that you have to take your sweet time killing, and the fact that bloom is so random, it effects the gameply and the way you play.

> > With regards to the AR, I win all my AR battles because I don’t hold down the trigger. Maybe if you tried burst fire you would realize there is actually a really big skill gap even on the AR.
>
> I dont use the AR…Period. Its not that I lose my fights, its that its annoying that you have to take your sweet time killing, and the fact that bloom is so random, it effects the gameply and the way you play.

It’s not random at all it works the exact same way every single time you pull the trigger. It’s only random when your too dumb/stubborn to pace your shots.

> > > With regards to the AR, I win all my AR battles because I don’t hold down the trigger. Maybe if you tried burst fire you would realize there is actually a really big skill gap even on the AR.
> >
> > I dont use the AR…Period. Its not that I lose my fights, its that its annoying that you have to take your sweet time killing, and the fact that bloom is so random, it effects the gameply and the way you play.
>
> It’s not random at all it works the exact same way every single time you pull the trigger. It’s only random when your too dumb/stubborn to pace your shots.

When were you ever force to pace your shots? Oh, yeah- Reach. Im not dumb nor stubborn. Its that Ive seen too many games where duels in with the one who either spammed or had alot of luck. When in H2-H3 could you headshot a guy and die by the same guy at the same time? Reach.

> > > > With regards to the AR, I win all my AR battles because I don’t hold down the trigger. Maybe if you tried burst fire you would realize there is actually a really big skill gap even on the AR.
> > >
> > > I dont use the AR…Period. Its not that I lose my fights, its that its annoying that you have to take your sweet time killing, and the fact that bloom is so random, it effects the gameply and the way you play.
> >
> > It’s not random at all it works the exact same way every single time you pull the trigger. It’s only random when your too dumb/stubborn to pace your shots.
>
> When were you ever force to pace your shots? Oh, yeah- Reach. Im not dumb nor stubborn. Its that Ive seen too many games where duels in with the one who either spammed or had alot of luck. When in H2-H3 could you headshot a guy and die by the same guy at the same time? Reach.

Don’t listen to that guy man he doesn’t know what he’s talking about! So what happens when I pace my shots now-a-days anyway? Oh that’s right, I get killed by a kid who either uses the AR or MAGICALLY spams his DMR trigger to the max and hits me EVERY SINGLE TIME!

I have 10,000 DMR kills and 4,000 deaths.

Don’t tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about =)

So yes, it’s true, we need more skill in REACH!

Take the stupid bloom off of the weapons and we’ll see who’s good and who’s bad. But as of now, there’s a thin line serparating the two.

this. all of this. halo reach was a massive disappointment to myself, and many others.

im glad we have people like you on the forums bro :D.

> > > With regards to the AR, I win all my AR battles because I don’t hold down the trigger. Maybe if you tried burst fire you would realize there is actually a really big skill gap even on the AR.
> >
> > I dont use the AR…Period. Its not that I lose my fights, its that its annoying that you have to take your sweet time killing, and the fact that bloom is so random, it effects the gameply and the way you play.
>
> It’s not random at all it works the exact same way every single time you pull the trigger. It’s only random when your too dumb/stubborn to pace your shots.

it doesnt matter how you use the AR because outside of ‘lets hug it out’ range the DMR will be infinitely better and more versatile. the pistol is also better than the AR at close, medium, AND long range and when its AR start its pistol secondary.

there is literally no reason to ever use the AR when you have a pistol, a DMR, or a NR because they are just strictly better for almost every situation.