We need de-scoping in Halo 4.

Is it just me or are you guys getting tired of “snipers” having complete control over a map in Halo 4? I am. It’s ridiculous when I’m shooting at a sniper with a BR and they get a headshot on me because there is no de-scoping. Flinch is dumb and barely does a thing on the guy. Anyone agree or disagree?

^110% agree^, 343i does NOT realize what they are doing by not fixing these changes. I dont want to wait for halo 5(waiting for the next game just is unexceptable), 343i needs to worry about the current games, and if they are not doing that, they might of as well be a failed version of treyarc who doesnt care about the community(im sure thats mostly not true, but still make an effort). you cant just ignore the stupid mistakes that change the whole game such as bloom, nodescoping, flinch, etc, etc, etc.
-sometimes i cant tell if 343 cares or not…

Does anybody actually like no descoping? I’m not saying that to be a -Yoink-, I’m really curious. It really doesn’t seem to have any pros.
Please, somebody who likes it, enlighten me.

EDIT: Accidently said “does anybody actually like descoping”.
Felt extremely stupid.

No de-scoping is one of my main reasons why I don’t play this game anymore. People can just sit back away from the battlefield and pick off people from a safe distance. That’s horrible.

Doesn’t matter if we “need” it. They’ve already said they aren’t going to bring it back in Halo 4.

> No de-scoping is one of my main reasons why I don’t play this game anymore. People can just sit back away from the battlefield and pick off people from a safe distance. That’s horrible.

I definitely would not say it’s a main problem (Sprint, maps, no in game ranking system, no playlists, etc.) but it’s an issue. Especially with the DMR which in my opinion is the main reason why people think it’s over powered.

> Doesn’t matter if we “need” it. They’ve already said they aren’t going to bring it back in Halo 4.

Halo 5 maybe? I hope.

I actually think the DMR wouldn’t have been SO bad either, if it descoped when shot.

> Doesn’t matter if we “need” it. They’ve already said they aren’t going to bring it back in Halo 4.

^This^

> > No de-scoping is one of my main reasons why I don’t play this game anymore. People can just sit back away from the battlefield and pick off people from a safe distance. That’s horrible.
>
> I definitely would not say it’s a main problem (Sprint, maps, no in game ranking system, no playlists, etc.) but it’s an issue. Especially with the DMR which in my opinion is the main reason why people think it’s over powered.

I think this problem combined with the OP-ness of the DMR make this game not fun. If they fix one of these problem, then I might come back. But I doubt I will come back; I’ve been playing way better games recently.

> > > No de-scoping is one of my main reasons why I don’t play this game anymore. People can just sit back away from the battlefield and pick off people from a safe distance. That’s horrible.
> >
> > I definitely would not say it’s a main problem (Sprint, maps, no in game ranking system, no playlists, etc.) but it’s an issue. Especially with the DMR which in my opinion is the main reason why people think it’s over powered.
>
> I think this problem combined with the OP-ness of the DMR make this game not fun. If they fix one of these problem, then I might come back. But I doubt I will come back; I’ve been playing way better games recently.

I just got completely bored of the game after getting SR 130 and have gone back to Halo 3. Halo 3 beats Halo 4 in every aspect. The main reason why I went back is because IT’S A TRUE HALO GAME. If you don’t know what a true Halo game is I’ll explain it: Unique maps that are fun to play on even for the 1,000,000th time (I loved all of the maps from Halo 2 and Halo 3), no AA abilities, de-scoping, a scoring system that gives you a point (not ten points) for every kill, in-game ranks, good music, ranked and social playlists, and ranks that last for more than a year.

> > Doesn’t matter if we “need” it. They’ve already said they aren’t going to bring it back in Halo 4.
>
> ^This^

I feel like you do not want it to come back because it will change how the dmr plays

loving the dmr and sniper… i must say it is frustrating when people you are actively shooting can still snipe you. descoping is better than flinch

Why even scrap de-scoping when it has been an integral part of Halo since the beginning? Oh I forgot sorry, they hired people who hated Halo to make the game.

I see no legitimate arguments against descoping, but sadly, 343 scrapped it because it was “too traditional”.
srslywtf

I’m still disgusted (but no longer shocked) that it’s not a custom game option.

The Light Rifle could possibly the best gun ever if descoping were in Halo 4. The weapon does more damage when you’re scoped, you’d need to time your scopes in between your enemy’s shots to deliver more powerful shots. If a timing trick like that doesn’t reward the skillful I don’t know what does.

> The Light Rifle could possibly the best gun ever if descoping were in Halo 4. The weapon does more damage when you’re scoped, you’d need to time your scopes in between your enemy’s shots to deliver more powerful shots. If a timing trick like that doesn’t reward the skillful I don’t know what does.

It would be a stronger weapon because in close quarters, you just need one scoped hit… When they shot you you get knocked out of scope… Three hits unscoped and they dead.

It won’t be back for Halo 4. I’m sure it will for Halo 5 though.

> Why even scrap de-scoping when it has been an integral part of Halo since the beginning? Oh I forgot sorry, they hired people who hated Halo to make the game.

What? I know 343i probably consists of people who are unfamiliar with the franchise (which is why it’s not a true Halo game but that’s a whole different story) but I doubt they hate the game/franchise.