We need clarification

As some of you (probably) are aware, there is a lot of controversy and negative attention regarding the Infinite demo shown yesterday, Thursday July 23rd. All over social media, from Twitter and YouTube, to Reddit and these forums, there are certain aspects that need to be formally addressed by 343 to ease tensions in the Halo community.

I will start off by saying the gameplay graphics shown in the demo were lackluster, a total embarrassment. I do understand that the COVID-19 global pandemic has really messed up a lot of things, but Infinite has been in development for nearly 5 years. 343 is a multi-million dollar company, backed by Microsoft which is a multi-billion dollar company, presenting a gameplay demonstration on a next-gen game engine for a next-gen game console. I expected better than what I saw. The cutscene graphics, on the other hand, were beautiful. However, I now understand that it was an early build. But what about the cartoony/blocky art style? Is that going to be actually addressed?

The Halo community has been divided for many years now and showing off the demo really made things even worse. I understand that it was just only a demo. However, the principle of a business is to sell a good and/or service to make a profit. If you’re trying to sell me Halo Infinite, wouldn’t you have worked harder to showcase that with updated graphics? If you read the thousands of comments, dozens of news articles, and dozens of memes with the “bland face Brute” shown at around the 4:00 mark in the demo, people are very unhappy. That Brute is rapidly becoming a laughing-stock meme and not for good reason.

Not all aspects of the demo were bad, but the Warthog does not sound like a Warthog. The engine reminds me of going to a car show and there’s “that one guy” that pulls up in some modded Honda or Subaru and has to be obnoxious about the aftermarket exhaust system. Watch this video to understand what I’m saying.

I’m not trying to be disrespectful at all but this criticism is most definitely valid. I was expecting much better but the environment and enemies look like Mega Blox characters (see this picture here).

The cartoony art style just simply needs to go, I’m not sorry. If I wanted to actually play Minecraft, I would’ve done so. I sincerely hope 343 changes the art style. I understand they have some sort of contract with Mega Blocks for creating toys, but those are TOYS. That art style should NOT carry over to a video game.

> 2533274818575073;1:
> As some of you (probably) are aware, there is a lot of controversy and negative attention regarding the Infinite demo shown yesterday, Thursday July 23rd. All over social media, from Twitter and YouTube, to Reddit and these forums, there are certain aspects that need to be formally addressed by 343 to ease tensions in the Halo community.
>
> I will start off by saying the gameplay graphics shown in the demo were lackluster, a total embarrassment. I do understand that the COVID-19 global pandemic has really messed up a lot of things, but Infinite has been in development for nearly 5 years. 343 is a multi-million dollar company, backed by Microsoft which is a multi-billion dollar company, presenting a gameplay demonstration on a next-gen game engine for a next-gen game console. I expected better than what I saw. The cutscene graphics, on the other hand, were beautiful. However, I now understand that it was an early build. But what about the cartoony/blocky art style? Is that going to be actually addressed?
>
> The Halo community has been divided for many years now and showing off the demo really made things even worse. I understand that it was just only a demo. However, the principle of a business is to sell a good and/or service to make a profit. If you’re trying to sell me Halo Infinite, wouldn’t you have worked harder to showcase that with updated graphics? If you read the thousands of comments, dozens of news articles, and dozens of memes with the “bland face Brute” shown at around the 4:00 mark in the demo, people are very unhappy. That Brute is rapidly becoming a laughing-stock meme and not for good reason.
>
> Not all aspects of the demo were bad, but the Warthog does not sound like a Warthog. The engine reminds me of going to a car show and there’s “that one guy” that pulls up in some modded Honda or Subaru and has to be obnoxious about the aftermarket exhaust system.
>
> I’m not trying to be disrespectful at all but this criticism is most definitely valid. I was expecting much better but the environment and enemies look like Mega Blox characters (see this picture here).
>
> The cartoony art style just simply needs to go, I’m not sorry. If I wanted to actually play Minecraft, I would’ve done so. I sincerely hope 343 changes the art style. I understand they have some sort of contract with Mega Blocks for creating toys, but those are TOYS. That art style should NOT carry over to a video game.

honestly overall I think the game looks alright. While for ME personally I don’t expect -Yoink!- to be as good as the bungie games I think it could be better than 4 and 5 however the art style or graphics or something does look off

> 2533274881269494;2:
> > 2533274818575073;1:
> > As some of you (probably) are aware, there is a lot of controversy and negative attention regarding the Infinite demo shown yesterday, Thursday July 23rd. All over social media, from Twitter and YouTube, to Reddit and these forums, there are certain aspects that need to be formally addressed by 343 to ease tensions in the Halo community.
> >
> > I will start off by saying the gameplay graphics shown in the demo were lackluster, a total embarrassment. I do understand that the COVID-19 global pandemic has really messed up a lot of things, but Infinite has been in development for nearly 5 years. 343 is a multi-million dollar company, backed by Microsoft which is a multi-billion dollar company, presenting a gameplay demonstration on a next-gen game engine for a next-gen game console. I expected better than what I saw. The cutscene graphics, on the other hand, were beautiful. However, I now understand that it was an early build. But what about the cartoony/blocky art style? Is that going to be actually addressed?
> >
> > The Halo community has been divided for many years now and showing off the demo really made things even worse. I understand that it was just only a demo. However, the principle of a business is to sell a good and/or service to make a profit. If you’re trying to sell me Halo Infinite, wouldn’t you have worked harder to showcase that with updated graphics? If you read the thousands of comments, dozens of news articles, and dozens of memes with the “bland face Brute” shown at around the 4:00 mark in the demo, people are very unhappy. That Brute is rapidly becoming a laughing-stock meme and not for good reason.
> >
> > Not all aspects of the demo were bad, but the Warthog does not sound like a Warthog. The engine reminds me of going to a car show and there’s “that one guy” that pulls up in some modded Honda or Subaru and has to be obnoxious about the aftermarket exhaust system.
> >
> > I’m not trying to be disrespectful at all but this criticism is most definitely valid. I was expecting much better but the environment and enemies look like Mega Blox characters (see this picture here).
> >
> > The cartoony art style just simply needs to go, I’m not sorry. If I wanted to actually play Minecraft, I would’ve done so. I sincerely hope 343 changes the art style. I understand they have some sort of contract with Mega Blocks for creating toys, but those are TOYS. That art style should NOT carry over to a video game.
>
> honestly overall I think the game looks alright. While for ME personally I don’t expect -Yoink!- to be as good as the bungie games I think it could be better than 4 and 5 however the art style or graphics or something does look off

The cutscene graphics versus the gameplay graphics have a huge disconnect. Sort of reminds me of Halo 4’s cutscenes versus the gameplay. I understand that the cutscenes are kind of like mini-movies and they have to look good, which is fine. But the gameplay graphics should at least look good/solid too.

> 2533274818575073;3:
> > 2533274881269494;2:
> > > 2533274818575073;1:
> > > As some of you (probably) are aware, there is a lot of controversy and negative attention regarding the Infinite demo shown yesterday, Thursday July 23rd. All over social media, from Twitter and YouTube, to Reddit and these forums, there are certain aspects that need to be formally addressed by 343 to ease tensions in the Halo community.
> > >
> > > I will start off by saying the gameplay graphics shown in the demo were lackluster, a total embarrassment. I do understand that the COVID-19 global pandemic has really messed up a lot of things, but Infinite has been in development for nearly 5 years. 343 is a multi-million dollar company, backed by Microsoft which is a multi-billion dollar company, presenting a gameplay demonstration on a next-gen game engine for a next-gen game console. I expected better than what I saw. The cutscene graphics, on the other hand, were beautiful. However, I now understand that it was an early build. But what about the cartoony/blocky art style? Is that going to be actually addressed?
> > >
> > > The Halo community has been divided for many years now and showing off the demo really made things even worse. I understand that it was just only a demo. However, the principle of a business is to sell a good and/or service to make a profit. If you’re trying to sell me Halo Infinite, wouldn’t you have worked harder to showcase that with updated graphics? If you read the thousands of comments, dozens of news articles, and dozens of memes with the “bland face Brute” shown at around the 4:00 mark in the demo, people are very unhappy. That Brute is rapidly becoming a laughing-stock meme and not for good reason.
> > >
> > > Not all aspects of the demo were bad, but the Warthog does not sound like a Warthog. The engine reminds me of going to a car show and there’s “that one guy” that pulls up in some modded Honda or Subaru and has to be obnoxious about the aftermarket exhaust system.
> > >
> > > I’m not trying to be disrespectful at all but this criticism is most definitely valid. I was expecting much better but the environment and enemies look like Mega Blox characters (see this picture here).
> > >
> > > The cartoony art style just simply needs to go, I’m not sorry. If I wanted to actually play Minecraft, I would’ve done so. I sincerely hope 343 changes the art style. I understand they have some sort of contract with Mega Blocks for creating toys, but those are TOYS. That art style should NOT carry over to a video game.
> >
> > honestly overall I think the game looks alright. While for ME personally I don’t expect -Yoink!- to be as good as the bungie games I think it could be better than 4 and 5 however the art style or graphics or something does look off
>
> The cutscene graphics versus the gameplay graphics have a huge disconnect. Sort of reminds me of Halo 4’s cutscenes versus the gameplay. I understand that the cutscenes are kind of like mini-movies and they have to look good, which is fine. But the gameplay graphics should at least look good/solid too.

Honestly to me the best looking version of halo is H2A it has decent graphics and the best design choices in the entire series

I agree with all of the above. I’ll be honest until I watched that reveal and was left somewhat devastated, which lead me to the forums to see if it was just me who felt that way, I had no idea about the craziness of the divide. In all my time playing halo I was unaware that people were petitioning to remove sprint, climbing and aiming down the sites.
I still can’t believe it… too me it’s just natural progression, for the longest amount of time I wanted sprint in halo. I get the points about it changing the dynamics of multiplayer but to think it’s caused such an uproar is astounding.
i was hoping this game would be a next gen worthy title showing off all the glory of the series x, a better more impactful story and visuals to rival Sony’s big hitters and gameplay that is fun.
But for me I got the opposite its coming across like it’ll be a shotty attempt at rehashing it’s former glory and just be another mediocre halo.

> 2533274813946507;5:
> In all my time playing halo I was unaware that people were petitioning to remove sprint, climbing and aiming down the sites.
> I still can’t believe it… too me it’s just natural progression, for the longest amount of time I wanted sprint in halo. I get the points about it changing the dynamics of multiplayer but to think it’s caused such an uproar is astounding.

Where have you been in the last 10 years? Sprint has been the single-most hated mechanic in all of Halo, ever since Reach. Maybe some people had more of a gripe with individual parts of certain games, like Armor Lock in Reach, Killstreaks in 4 or Spartan Charge in H5G, but sprint has always been at the very least a close second and consistent in its negative reception across several games.

> 2533274801176260;6:
> > 2533274813946507;5:
> > In all my time playing halo I was unaware that people were petitioning to remove sprint, climbing and aiming down the sites.
> > I still can’t believe it… too me it’s just natural progression, for the longest amount of time I wanted sprint in halo. I get the points about it changing the dynamics of multiplayer but to think it’s caused such an uproar is astounding.
>
> Where have you been in the last 10 years? Sprint has been the single-most hated mechanic in all of Halo, ever since Reach. Maybe some people had more of a gripe with individual parts of certain games, like Armor Lock in Reach, Killstreaks in 4 or Spartan Charge in H5G, but sprint has always been at the very least a close second and consistent in its negative reception across several games.

I’ve been playing the games with my friends and randoms I find online, but nobody has ever said anything about it that’s why I’m shocked it’s such a big deal for people. I never had an issue either so I don’t know and no one I talk to who plays halo now has an issue either and is just baffled that this is an apparent problem.