We need an option for colourblind players.

I have recently bought Halo 5 and found this to be the most difficult of the franchise based on the rich colour used to create their enrivonments. In Halo:Reach, I seemed to cope and even excel because the colour schemes were grey which was a distinct contrast from team colours.

I experience both protanomaly and deuteranomaly conditions which makes this game unbelievably difficult when attempting to locate your enemy, especially at a distance. The worst example personally is when my reticle will change to red to signify an enemy, however if this enemy is on Red team, making a headshot is almost impossible, similarly if that enemy happens to be walking in a grassy area. The same can be said for most in-game information, such as life bars for Bosses in Warzone.

If players are able to custom map their controller to allow game specific controls for their play style, surely they can introduce a function to customise your HUD and other in-game colour schemes? I’m not suggesting making changes universal, because obviously non-colourblind players aren’t having difficulty, but surely personal customisation is a plausible alternative.

You should sue.

Yes! I may not be color blind but I fully support this!

i totally agree. you should consider posting about this in the matchmaking feedback and discussion forum as well, i hope 343 takes note of this

> 2535430774767416;4:
> i totally agree. you should consider posting about this in the matchmaking feedback and discussion forum as well, i hope 343 takes note of this

343’s note: “He said he wanted more REQ options for EVERY player!”

I’ve heard similar issues about noticing players from poor vision individuals (not even color blind just bad eye sight). The changing the HUD settings/Color schemes just makes sense from both gameplay and lore view. There is even a visor that is described as for Spartans with eye problems from augmentation. Though this likely won’t happen, at best maybe a preset of like 3 different HUD styles/colors. Cause can’t custom map your controls which would be way easier to add into the game, you can only select presets (at least last time I checked).

I think this is a great idea. hopefully they can add this to the game in an update, rather than waiting for the next game. games in general need to standardize color-blind settings.

How common are colorblind settings? I’ve seen a few forums ask for the settings on their respective games, but have never actually seen the settings myself (not looking for them as I don’t need them).

They exist in the Battlefield series of games, I can’t say how useful they are as I’m not colour blind.
I cant image it would be too hard to add a colour scheme option, It would be great if 343 could patch this in.

> 2535430774767416;4:
> i totally agree. you should consider posting about this in the matchmaking feedback and discussion forum as well, i hope 343 takes note of this

Thank you for that advice. I’ll do that for sure. :slight_smile:

This forum is full of useless complaints, and tedious whining. Everytime I start to read this forum, I find new people I hate based on their selfish demands.
That being said, if anything at all deserves to be addressed on this forum it is this man’s problem. This is fair…this is the exact polar opposite of the many complaints that make up the current ecosystem of the waypoint forums.

Good luck tho.

Colorblind options are great. They ought to be standard this day in age.

343 please note, this is a very worthy update.

I know you won’t give us playlists like snipers and doubles that you turned of personally 343, but please give OP colourblind settings so he can have fun playing Halo like we do.

I remember Destiny had something for colorblind people.