We need a Title Update!

a message first to everyone reading this. I have noticed a lot of people staying after the halo defiant map pack codes got released. the halo waypoints before the codes got released was cival unlike Bnet where some few players found haven and talked civally about halo and everything halo and i hope we continue this tradition so keep it clean in this thread or else BS angel and her ban… well i know its not a hammer… ban sword? well that explains what the BS in BS angel means. getting back on topic keep it clean on this thread.

now many people like me have been hopeing for a title update to raise the skill gap and fix bugs, first i want to say about what i think(my opinion) should be in a title update.

first of all this is a given which is bug fixes to the game fixing issues in multiplayer and campaign that make the game annoying. like right now the defiant map pack has a few bugs that need fixing

the next thing i would like to talk about is the ban system which right now does nothing at all to stop whats going on. first thing is the AFK ban, right now it does nothing to stop the problem caused by the credit system. people just come back as soon as they get un-banned and AFK again ruining the experience for other people. my solution, give it a two strikes your out system, first time you get a 20 minute ban and a warrning saying what you did and the next punishment will be more severe, second time you get a hour ban, and demoted 2 ranks and lose credits you gained from the game you AFK’d in and any points from a challenge you completed that day. i bellive this would stop AFK’ing if not make it far less occuring

second ban thing is the quit ban, right now does nothing but IMO shouldnt be changed, BUT people should be able to join a game where somebody quit, IMPORTANT NOTE: the person who left if replaced loses their stats from that game and if they got a commondation that game go back to where they were before the game. this would defeniately help a lot of us

now betrayel system needs to change, right now getting option to boot or not is random but here is what i propose, it is random it you get betrayed when you dont have a power weapon for that map but if you DO have a power weapon for the map and get betrayed you get immediate option to boot

next on my list is spawn killing, their needs to be a change to the spawn system to make it you wont spawn if a enemy is near your spawn point, because lets face it your screwed anyway after loseing the power weapons and vehicals. you should have a chance to fight back because right now it’s just cheap kills.

now time for bloom. good concept but right now rewards spammers so this is what should happen. make the bloom increase bigger and make the decrease time shorter to speed up kill times but make it so that AR beats DMR every time in close range combat. i really right now dont see a reason for it to be based on randomness and reward spammers at all besides help unskillfull people, and it’s not that hard for people to pace shots so it wouldnt make it hard for new people to get used to the game.

AL in it’s current state is just ridiculous, dominateing mele is just really ridiculous in my opinion and breaks the system. useing it to put off dieing is just really stupid and in most cases becomes a reinforcements button to have teamates help you.

those are my points and i think just doing the first five things i sugested would bring back a lot of players because DLC as awesome and cool as maps are dosent change these issues like betraying for power weapons and AFKing. if 343 does decide to do this and generated enough hype for it the population would zoom right back up.

these are my points, keep it clean.

P.S thank you 343 for haveing actuall employes and developers read and respond on the forum

Why do you want your thread to be the definitive thread concerning a requested title update? What’s wrong with adding your opinion to the other, older threads on the forum on the subject?

For an attempt at a definitive thread, your horrible abuse of grammar, lack of capitalisation, and incoherent mangling of the spelling of simple words are just unforgivable. I know not everyone is perfect, and comb through my writing and you’ll find tons of mistakes but at least make an effort. I know folks that have English as secondary and even third languages make a better stab at it.

You are not brining anything fresh to the table to even begin to discuss the issue at hand. You mention bugs yet fail to describe a single example. You complain about the ban system doing nothing yet I have seen plenty of evidence to suggests it works quite well in most situations but may not work as well in others and might need some improvements in certain, specific areas. Why you detail your own imaginary banning system I just don’t know. Well done with that.

You mention the betrayal system is random. Again this is simple poop. You do not know what you are talking about. The betrayal system is based on the amount of damage done to an ally if that ally dies at a team mate’s hands in addition to any damage done to other allies at the same time. A few misplaced needles that finish off an ally usually won’t give them a boot option but rocketing your own hog full of passengers might.

It’s a fair system that works for the most part but isn’t perfect. If you have suggestions as how best fix the system or alter it to improve performance, then by all means suggest it. You don’t give any suggestions, do you? Nope, to you it’s random. You dismiss it and make up another little imaginary tale of how you think something should work in blissful ignorance. I’m sure you think you own imaginary version of the betrayal system is the bestest best thing ever. It’s not. It’s stupid. But well done there too.

Your “complaint” about the spawning system and spawn killing is rather funny. The system works in the very way you say it doesn’t. Isn’t that funny? It’s almost as if you don’t have the faintest notion of how the spawning system actually works, have developed a completed one-sided interpretation that fits your misconceptions about it! I would have never have expected this dramatic turn of events based on your previous complaints.

The spawning system is fine. In fact, it works too well because of the additional and heightened use of “anti” respawn zones in levels. In Halo 3, payers would typically spawn on a particular “side” of a level, sometimes identified easily by bases, sometimes not. A player would spawn on that side of the level the majority of times, even if the enemy occupied that area. In Reach, areas are not defined but merely defined by use of soft spawning areas and areas where the player should spawn are defined by “anti” spawning zones usually placed on the opposite side of the level from where the player spawns at the start. The result is that players will find themselves “switching bases” often during a game or spawning on different sides of the map as the game responds to enemy occupation of an area by spawning a player away from enemy occupied areas.

Reach is significantly improved compared with Halo 3 in regard to spawn killing due to the reasons I have mentioned. The use of variable spawning compared with fixed spawning significantly reduces spawn killing. No system is perfect as exceptions and oddities will happen from time to time. However, you fail to mention or even suggestive awareness of the system you complain about. Not really ideal is it?

Now we’re on to a big ticket item, Bloom. Yup, you’ve pooped this up too. Bloom doesn’t reward spammers. That is a misconception, one of many that you seem to have. In the majority of situations, spammers will lose out to folks that aim properly. There are times where spamming the trigger on the DMR will get you a lucky shot but these instances are over-reported and, in reality, are few and far between.

Do you even know why people dislike bloom? It ruins the DMR. Yup, it’s that simple. The DMR is suppose to be a primary middle to long distance weapon but with bloom, it doesn’t work in the role it is assigned. In short ranges, you can fire the DMR quickly and the bloom won’t change where the bullets go because your target is quite close. The DMR is supposed to reward players that don’t spam the trigger but instead fall into a “rhythm”. This simple does not work in close range; the trigger spammer will win out. In middle to long distances, the bloom has a bigger impact on the DMR. At short distances outside of close range, even a modest increase of the reticule has a significant impact. It takes five headshots to kill a player with the DMR but when a player fires three or four times with modest speed and perfect accuracy, the increased reticule size, thanks to bloom, will ensure that most times at long and more often than not at middle distance, the shot misses. Every second counts in the heat of combat and the DMR isn’t a power weapon. Dying just because you couldn’t make the final shot with the DMR, thanks to bloom, is annoying and a failure of the weapon itself and bloom together. It doesn’t work as it should when used in the right type of situation. It would be similar to a shotgun not killing at close range. This is why so many players are frustrated with bloom.

I don’t see any of this coming from you. It’s broken. Cry. Fix it. Broken. Here, listen to me. I know better. More crying.

The funny thing is, I agree with your sentiment about Armour Lock. Just not your “argument”. You don’t bother pointing out how it robs a player of a kill, how it breaks the flow of combat and disrupts expectations. You don’t mention how versatile it is and how many separate function it has compared with other abilities. Nothing. Just complaining that you don’t like it and not even bothering to suggest ways to improve it or tone it down. Urgh.

@ slightly live:

first of all, as far as his grammar goes, sure its not optimal, sure he misspells words etc, but he still got his point across, and you still knew what he was saying the ENTIRE time (at least i didnt get lost, iuno how you did because apparently you are really good at english).

“You mention the betrayal system is random. Again this is simple poop”

um… what? it really is random bro. usually if someone betrays you 1 time you dont get the option to boot them (but sometimes it gives you the option, and it certainly isnt based off of damage done to a player, i have literally had someone shoot me with a turret for FIVE MINUTES STRAIGHT then accidentally betray me with no option to boot). the second time you USUALLY get the option to boot, but then again, ive been betrayed twice by someone intentionally (like shooting me on purpose till i have no shields then throwing a grenade at me, or just shooting me to death, etc.) killed me without an option to boot after 2 betrayals.

are you really arguing that the betrayal booting system cannot be improved upon? that was his point (which it obviously can be improved upon, and is certainly a concern for many people), how did you miss that? lol.

“Your “complaint” about the spawning system and spawn killing is rather funny. The system works in the very way you say it doesn’t”

yes, the spawning system in reach is good, but bungie is terrible at placing proper spawn zones etc. which is why it doesnt work at all in reach (for example, if you are in the small tower on pinnacle, people will often spawn behind you even tho there are other places to spawn that are clearly safer and away from people on the apposing team too.). his point here was it shouldnt be like that, and can be improved upon. again… how did you miss this? this FACTUALLY happens in halo reach, quite a bit too.

as for this “Now we’re on to a big ticket item, Bloom. Yup, you’ve pooped this up too. Bloom doesn’t reward spammers.”

lol what!?! spamming winning versus pacing from what myself and THOUSANDS of other people to be anywhere from 10% to upwards of 20% of the time, EVEN IF THE PACER HAS FLAWLESS AIM AND CADENCE. again, clearly he is saying the bloom algorithm can be improved upon to actually make people USE THE GUN CORRECTLY, OR DIE EVERY TIME FOR USING IT LIKE A MACHINE GUN.

see… when you look at what he was actually talking about, heck even re read it once and YOU AGREE WITH HIM ON ALMOST EVERY POINT.

his points, and why you obviously agree with him:

is fixing bugs good? yes. are there bugs in reach? yes.

with me so far?

could the AFK detection system be better? yes. would it be better if it was better? yes.

could the quit ban be harsher? yes. would it be better if people were punished more for dipping out on teammates? probably.

could the spawn system be improved upon in almost every halo reach map? yes. would it be better if it was fixed? yes.

is bloom limited in its current implementation? yes, by any logical and competent persons standards it is. would it be better if it didnt benefit spammers? yes.

is armor lock blatantly overpowered? yes, by any logical and competent persons standards it is. would it be better if it only lasted, say, 3 seconds? yes.

/post

You’re on the right track with the bloom I think, but what I think should be done is change the bloom to prioritize shooting toward the outer edge of the reticle. I saw a video demonstrating this before but can’t find it now. Anyway, with this, up close the angle of the shot will not keep you from hitting, so you can shoot faster, but your accuracy is greatly rewarded for slowing down since there will be no shots through the center of the reticle while it is expanded. The shots go in a sort of cone. Then you just adjust the bloom rates of each of the headshot weapons to accommodate for this and you’re good to go. Leave the full-auto weapons as is.

> You’re on the right track with the bloom I think, but what I think should be done is change the bloom to prioritize shooting toward the outer edge of the reticle. I saw a video demonstrating this before but can’t find it now. Anyway, with this, up close the angle of the shot will not keep you from hitting, so you can shoot faster, but your accuracy is greatly rewarded for slowing down since there will be no shots through the center of the reticle while it is expanded. The shots go in a sort of cone. Then you just adjust the bloom rates of each of the headshot weapons to accommodate for this and you’re good to go. Leave the full-auto weapons as is.

you are right about it shooting to the edge of the fire circle, however i think doing what i said before would be sufficent and would bring back a lot of skill.

however a message to everyone i want some feedback on my solution to AFKing and betrayels

> The truth is, we need as many posts on this topic as POSSIBLE. The idea being that if a 343 employee is smart, he/she will check the forums and see what needs to be done.

yes however the best thing is to keep everything organized in one thread so it dosent get spammed, that shows the people who want change also want other people to talk about other things as well and not clog up the forum.

right now if everythings organized and in one place it will make it as easy as possible for 343 to look at and make a decision based on it. im sure BS angel would agree with me on that

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHGItn8JCz0>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHGItn8JCz0

Make the DMR more of a pro weapon and less of a nooby lucky spammer weapon by taking the random factor away.

Make the grenades like the H2 grenades, 1 frag direct impact leaves you with blue health and no shields, and a plasma grenade that blew up by your feet leaves you with 3 red bars only, plasma sticks still result in a instant death.

Remove plasma grenade shedding and make you come out one shot every time from armor lock.

Make melee damage 75% by default or go back to melee bleedtrough.

I hope 343i fixes those, that way this game will cater to more people.

> [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHGItn8JCz0>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHGItn8JCz0
>
> Make the DMR more of a pro weapon and less of a nooby lucky spammer weapon by taking the random factor away.
>
> Make the grenades like the H2 grenades, 1 frag direct impact leaves you with blue health and no shields, and a plasma grenade that blew up by your feet leaves you with 3 red bars only, plasma sticks still result in a instant death.
>
> Remove plasma grenade shedding and make you come out one shot every time from armor lock.
>
> Make melee damage 75% by default or go back to melee bleedtrough.
>
>
> I hope 343i fixes those, that way this game will cater to more people.

whats wrong with current mele system? everything else i agree with you on(except grenades but i can care less) but i dont really see a problem with the mele system right now, as for the run and double mele you still lose shields by the time you get to the other person.

> > You’re on the right track with the bloom I think, but what I think should be done is change the bloom to prioritize shooting toward the outer edge of the reticle. I saw a video demonstrating this before but can’t find it now. Anyway, with this, up close the angle of the shot will not keep you from hitting, so you can shoot faster, but your accuracy is greatly rewarded for slowing down since there will be no shots through the center of the reticle while it is expanded. The shots go in a sort of cone. Then you just adjust the bloom rates of each of the headshot weapons to accommodate for this and you’re good to go. Leave the full-auto weapons as is.
>
> you are right about it shooting to the edge of the fire circle, however i think doing what i said before would be sufficent and would bring back a lot of skill.
>
> however a message to everyone i want some feedback on my solution to AFKing and betrayels

Hmm, now that I read into it more, I think I like your solution better. It would be easier to implement and probably have a better effect without killing the whole find-the-rhythm aspect that makes the bloom a good addition. Also, it would be nice if the betrayal system was overhauled and maybe a inactivity kick system or something.

> > > You’re on the right track with the bloom I think, but what I think should be done is change the bloom to prioritize shooting toward the outer edge of the reticle. I saw a video demonstrating this before but can’t find it now. Anyway, with this, up close the angle of the shot will not keep you from hitting, so you can shoot faster, but your accuracy is greatly rewarded for slowing down since there will be no shots through the center of the reticle while it is expanded. The shots go in a sort of cone. Then you just adjust the bloom rates of each of the headshot weapons to accommodate for this and you’re good to go. Leave the full-auto weapons as is.
> >
> > you are right about it shooting to the edge of the fire circle, however i think doing what i said before would be sufficent and would bring back a lot of skill.
> >
> > however a message to everyone i want some feedback on my solution to AFKing and betrayels
>
> Hmm, now that I read into it more, I think I like your solution better. It would be easier to implement and probably have a better effect without killing the whole find-the-rhythm aspect that makes the bloom a good addition. Also, it would be nice if the betrayal system was overhauled and maybe a inactivity kick system or something.

betrayel system defeniately needs a overhaul to stop power weapon betraying. as for an inactivity boot that wouldnt work well, like if somebody needs to go to the batroom but are active the rest of the game they would get booted. and than their is problems with people just useing a rubber band on a controller to move in circles the whole game.

their can never be a perfect AFK and betrayel system but their can be a very good one, right now though the current system is just so far off from being good.

We need an update fixing the things needed to make the halo reach multiplayer great!

  • Bloom needs fix
  • AL and invis need to be power ups.
  • Take laser out an add lock on rockets it will make CTF BTB matches fair.
  • 1-50 or higher ranks in the playlists
  • Reward people for winning!
  • Melee back to either halo 2 or 3!
  • 4v4 maps! Not just BTB. These are just some of the issues people want fixed, please list or add anything you think will make reach better for
    everyone.

I really cant say this on the Bungie forums because people just troll and be stupid so please list and help this game get a good TU.

I feel it’s too late for Reach. Bungie truly wanted to make something completely different, and that they have, but as a result those that loved Halo don’t really like Reach. I’m just hoping 343’s installment will be a Halo game. Not a game with the Halo title on it, such as Reach. 343, leave Reach and go make the next installment awesome :smiley:

It’s not to late to fix it. If you played halo 2 it took up to year to fix it.

  • Fixing it shows the community they care an are willing to try and make it better if they don’t they are showing people we are just gonna make maps even though the game inst that great do to the issues that i stated above.
    Halo 2 was perfect
    Halo 3 was great not better than 2
    Halo Reach love it but without an update it will just be okay!

The thing is, I personally hate Reach. I hate bloom and I hate AAs. I hate the dull human-themed maps and I hate the nerfed run speeds and jump heights. I hate the DMR. No amount of tweaking will make me like Reach, so I’m just hoping 343 will throw Reach in the garbage and concentrate on a real Halo game. Of course, that’s not going to happen. I can dream though… just sayin’ though, you’re not going to get me signing a partition for 343 to make a TU for Reach. I want them working on their next project as fast as possible. Sorry :[

Halo 4 wont come out till 2012 or 13! So that’s a long time to keep fans with halo reach!
Bungie did a TU with every halo and 343 were bungie employees so I’m sure they will!

> Halo 4 wont come out till 2012 or 13! So that’s a long time to keep fans with halo reach!
> Bungie did a TU with every halo and 343 were bungie employees so I’m sure they will!

Maybe, but each game had already received a TU this late into their lifespan, and considering Reach still hasn’t got one has left me a little more than skeptical. All you Reach players can still hope, I guess.

Oh, and I’d gladly wait till 2020 for “Halo 4” as long as it’s kick–Yoink- :smiley:

haha I agree! I really wish they made Reach more like halo 2. Like whats up with the AR’s? like serious take out duals to? Smg would be way better than AR
l

I just want an option to play with out bloom. Remove bloom and give the option for a fixed rate of fire and we’ll have a good game.

I like Halo: Reach as it is.

Some people do like reach as it is. I just don’t understand how thats possible though. Even just taking Halo 3 and updating the graphics would have been better than this for me.