We Need a Real Trailer

We haven’t gotten a single real trailer out of 343 for Halo 4. We’ve gotten Vidocs, demos, and full matches, but no actual trailers besides the Debut trailer from over a year ago. While all those things are cool, they don’t grab attention. People are much more likely to watch a video called “Halo 4 Trailer” then a video documentary called “Creating Halo 4”. Just notice how many more views the Halo 4 debut and Forward Unto Dawn trailers has gotten compared to all the ViDocs and demos. A Halo 4 Gameplay Trailer would get the attention Halo 4 needs.

We’re getting a new video today most likely. Maybe that will be a trailer.

I am really hoping for a trailer like the E3 2007 Halo 3 trailer to be honest…

Today?

> We’re getting a new video today most likely. Maybe that will be a trailer.

Today? spill the beans please

We have the announcement trailer, concept art trailer, E3 trailer, live action trailer, Infinity Trailer, and Forward Unto Dawn trailer.

Sorry, what were you saying, again?

We have plenty of Gameplay, why do we need a trailer with tiny bits of it?

> Today?

Today. Check out this thread.

> We have the announcement trailer, concept art trailer, E3 trailer, live action trailer, Infinity Trailer, and Forward Unto Dawn trailer.
>
> Sorry, what were you saying, again?

And official MP match footage plus too many OTS gameplay clips to count.

> > We have the announcement trailer, concept art trailer, E3 trailer, live action trailer, Infinity Trailer, and Forward Unto Dawn trailer.
> >
> > Sorry, what were you saying, again?
>
> And official MP match footage plus too many OTS gameplay clips to count.

There’s also the accolades trailer

> We have the announcement trailer, concept art trailer, E3 trailer, live action trailer, Infinity Trailer, and Forward Unto Dawn trailer.
>
> Sorry, what were you saying, again?

Concept Art trailer doesn’t count as a real trailer.
The live action trailer didn’t have gameplay, same with FUD
The Infinity trailer was an obscure trailer with no new gameplay.
And there wasn’t an E3 trailer. It was a demo. Unless if you’re counting that little 45 second clip with the skrillex music, but that isn’t justified as a full trailer compared to games like BO2.

And that leaves the Announcement trailer as the only real trailer.

Like someone said, I’m looking for a trailer like Halo 3 E3 2007 one or the Reach ones we got during E3.

> > Today?
>
> Today. Check out this thread.

that’s not confirmation only a possiblity, but i hope that there is a video.

> > We have the announcement trailer, concept art trailer, E3 trailer, live action trailer, Infinity Trailer, and Forward Unto Dawn trailer.
> >
>
> Concept Art trailer doesn’t count as a real trailer.
> The live action trailer didn’t have gameplay, same with FUD
> The Infinity trailer was an obscure trailer with no new gameplay.
> And there wasn’t an E3 trailer. It was a demo. Unless if you’re counting that little 45 second clip with the skrillex music, but that isn’t justified as a full trailer compared to games like BO2.
>
> And that leaves the Announcement trailer as the only real trailer.
>
> Like someone said, I’m looking for a trailer like Halo 3 E3 2007 one or the Reach ones we got during E3.

This is exactly what I was trying to get at in my other thread :slight_smile: We need a real trailer, and those other ones don’t count.

Wait? But the E3 Gameplay for Halo 4 (Campaign), there was a trailer at the end?
Or unless you want a FULL EPIC trailer like the Halo 3 one…-_-

> Wait? But the E3 Gameplay for Halo 4 (Campaign), there was a trailer at the end?
> Or unless you want a FULL EPIC trailer like the Halo 3 one…-_-

Yeah, I want a big epic one. Like 2- 3 minutes long. None of this 30 seconds of gameplay crap. People don’t want to watch a video with people talking in it with their faces and showing all over the studio. They want to see 100% gameplay. Just compare the first H4 trailer and the FUD trailer’s views with all the other videos.

> >
>
> Concept Art trailer doesn’t count as a real trailer.
> The live action trailer didn’t have gameplay, same with FUD
> The Infinity trailer was an obscure trailer with no new gameplay.
> And there wasn’t an E3 trailer. It was a demo. Unless if you’re counting that little 45 second clip with the skrillex music, but that isn’t justified as a full trailer compared to games like BO2.
>
> And that leaves the Announcement trailer as the only real trailer.
>
> Like someone said, I’m looking for a trailer like Halo 3 E3 2007 one or the Reach ones we got during E3.

So Reach’s E3 trailer (which was a demo) counts as a real trailer, but Halo 4’s E3 demo doesn’t? Yeah, that makes sense.

You sir, make no sense. You complain about not having a true trailer, then discount trailers that don’t feature gameplay, and discount all the gameplay we have seen. So, what the hell?

> > > Today?
> >
> > Today. Check out this thread.
>
> that’s not confirmation only a possiblity, but i hope that there is a video.

I never said it was confirmation. But judging by the information I think it is more than likely.

https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postsm1242355_New-video-to-be-released-in-Bulletin.aspx#post1242355

This should excite you a little bit!

> > > We have the announcement trailer, concept art trailer, E3 trailer, live action trailer, Infinity Trailer, and Forward Unto Dawn trailer.
> > >
> > > Sorry, what were you saying, again?
> >
> > Concept Art trailer doesn’t count as a real trailer.
> > The live action trailer didn’t have gameplay, same with FUD
> > The Infinity trailer was an obscure trailer with no new gameplay.
> > And there wasn’t an E3 trailer. It was a demo. Unless if you’re counting that little 45 second clip with the skrillex music, but that isn’t justified as a full trailer compared to games like BO2.
> >
> > And that leaves the Announcement trailer as the only real trailer.
> >
> > Like someone said, I’m looking for a trailer like Halo 3 E3 2007 one or the Reach ones we got during E3.
>
> So Reach’s E3 trailer (which was a demo) counts as a real trailer, but Halo 4’s E3 demo doesn’t? Yeah, that makes sense.
>
> You sir, make no sense. You complain about not having a true trailer, then discount trailers that don’t feature gameplay, and discount all the gameplay we have seen. So, what the hell?

You don’t uderstand. We want a trailer like the Halo 3 E3 2007 one. Demo’s don’t count. He isn’t even talking about the Reach demo either. He isn’t complaining it’s true. So many of you want multiplayer, and I understand you might wanna be surprised for the campaign, but we STILL need some kind of 2-3 minute campaign trailer to bring the final hype!

> > > We have the announcement trailer, concept art trailer, E3 trailer, live action trailer, Infinity Trailer, and Forward Unto Dawn trailer.
> > >
> > > Sorry, what were you saying, again?
> >
> > Concept Art trailer doesn’t count as a real trailer.
> > The live action trailer didn’t have gameplay, same with FUD
> > The Infinity trailer was an obscure trailer with no new gameplay.
> > And there wasn’t an E3 trailer. It was a demo. Unless if you’re counting that little 45 second clip with the skrillex music, but that isn’t justified as a full trailer compared to games like BO2.
> >
> > And that leaves the Announcement trailer as the only real trailer.
> >
> > Like someone said, I’m looking for a trailer like Halo 3 E3 2007 one or the Reach ones we got during E3.
>
> So Reach’s E3 trailer (which was a demo) counts as a real trailer, but Halo 4’s E3 demo doesn’t? Yeah, that makes sense.
>
> You sir, make no sense. You complain about not having a true trailer, then discount trailers that don’t feature gameplay, and discount all the gameplay we have seen. So, what the hell?

Actually, there were 2 3 minute trailers for Reach from E3 alone. The Campaign one, and the FF one. I’m not talking about the Demos here. So, looks like I’m the one who should be saying what the Hell.

A satisfying trailer is not:
a full match
a campaign demo
a video showing faces of employees talking
a video that is <1 minute
a video that duplicates gameplay we’ve already seen from other videos like the Infinity brief multiplayer trailer
and should get well over 2 million views

There’s a reason most of the H4 videos are only managing a max of like 300,000 views. However, the TRAILERS get more like 3.7(FUD) to 7.1 MILLION(DEBUT) views.

And FUD wasn’t even a real trailer as it wasn’t directly advertising the game, but the webseries. But I’ll still count it.

So by that we’ve only gotten 2 real trailers.