We need a BIG BTB map like Sandtrap!

We need a big wide open map with big bases on each end with one huge building in the middle that you can stand on. And each team gets one massive vehicle to drive around, like a small base on wheels similar to the Elephant on Sandtrap. In other words, a re-imagined Sandtrap, big enough to give us a BTBgasm in Halo 4.

Where u dont want to move because of the DMR?

> Where u dont want to move because of the DMR?

There will be cover of course.

… Why not a Sandtrap re-make?

Why not like blood gulch (size wise) or bigger, we could get a lot more use out of vehicles if the maps were bigger and encouraged to use the vehicles.

> … Why not a Sandtrap re-make?

Because why make any new map? I would prefer a reimagination (as in, improvement) over a retextured copypaste. I think they can make an even better map.

I think we definitely need a Headlong/Breackneck-type map and a Containment or Ternimal-type map for the 2 BTB launch maps.

However a Waterworks/Sandtrap combination is preferable to me over Sandtrap/Valhalla/Blood Gulch-type maps.

Breakneck is just awesome IMO. It’s changes from Headlong are the only ones I felt were needed from Headlong.
It doesn’t need to return, but the idea of the flow and geometry of he map does. The multi-level asymmetrical setup is just really, really fun in any gametype.

I love Rideline too but its style of geometry and flow needs to be a DLC, and first DLC at that. It’s that kind of map where if you’re new to the game/Halo, the lack of experience with the weapons will make the constant sightline and numerous pathfindings feel annouying rather than fun.

The Containment-type map, if shortened just a little, would be absolutely a blast with its base+trench+tunnel+open+symmetrical setup. It may be too long as it was for a release map, but as a DLC, it too is a great addition.

The Terminal-type map may be mixed with the Headlong-type map. They really are similar core ideals of asymmetrical flow, Headlong just offers more vertical and more structured bases.

I prefer more Waterworks over Sandtrap in the open-map style. Sandtrap was too open and friendly with vehicles, the laser and the sniper. Then again, the H3BR is why that annouyed me in the first place. A DMR coud make Sandtrap very fun.

So let’s see what we get :slight_smile:

Sand trap!!! :smiley:
To be honest, Halo 3 had the best BTB maps in my opinion, but Reach shoved us all how horrible remakes can be (Haemorrhage amongst others). I got to say, the mappack made by 343i/Certain Affinity does have a good BTB map, not the best, like Sand trap or Avalanche or Standoff, but a decent one at least (more like Valhalla), and hence I do hope 343i can deliver some good BTB maps.

Each Halo game has had it’s signature Giant, open, vehicle-based, BTB map. Blood Gulch in Halo 1, Coagulation in Halo 2, Sandtrap in Halo 3, and Hemorrhage in Reach.

If Halo 4 doesn’t have one, then I would be shocked.

> > … Why not a Sandtrap re-make?
>
> Because why make any new map? I would prefer a reimagination (as in, improvement) over a retextured copypaste. I think they can make an even better map.

Or a variation…

Whatever suits you.

> > … Why not a Sandtrap re-make?
>
> Because why make any new map? I would prefer a reimagination (as in, improvement) over a retextured copypaste. I think they can make an even better map.

I concur, while remakes are nice, I prefer to see new maps rather than redesigned older ones.