We Might as Well Just Rename BTB...

To BTB Ragnarok! Seriously, I’m sick of this map! It’s all you people ever pick! No other map gets picked when Ragnarok is in the rotation, it’s happened three times in a row today. It was looking like Longbow was going to win, but then 2 more votes for Ragnarok and I dash-boarded. Not going to play on that map for the third straight time in a row! For once I want to play Vortex, or even freaking Meltdown (despite my loathing for that map), anything other than Ragnarok!

I can’t wait for the Crimson Map Pack to get here or even other Forge Maps, because hopefully they’ll drown out the incessant Ragnarok picking!

Sometimes I just wish we had the veto system back. At least that guaranteed variety. Now, it’s just the same damn map over and over again. A Tyranny of the Majority. Flame me all you want, but I’m speaking my piece. Ragnarok is getting ridiculous.

I seldom see that map now. It used to be played 24/7 until they decreased its weight in MM. Exile is what annoys me. THAT map I play nonstop.

Play some dominion, switch back when you get sick of exile, repeat steps 1-3

I actually got Vortex to be picked last night. I was shocked to be honest because my friend and I chose Vortex then 5 votes went to Ragnarok and I was like “oh boy more raggy” but then several more went towards vortex. Was the highlight of the night.

It was a good game too, was glad to play something else in BTB for once.

I couldn’t agree more with you…I had enough of that map in Reach. It never fails though…it always get voteted.

Cuz there are no vehicles really in any other map. I play BTB for vehicles, not for 8 ppl to play infinity slayer.

so for ragnarok is the only map with a decent vehicle assortment.

The should just all this game BTB, because clearly that is what it’s made for.

I wish I had y’all’s luck. I got up this morning, decided to play some BTB, and Ragnarok got picked… 3 times in a row. I dashboarded as soon as it was picked for the third time. I love BTB, but Ragnarok is just killing it for me.

I’ll probably have to play some Dominion for a bit.

> To BTB Ragnarok! Seriously, I’m sick of this map! It’s all you people ever pick! No other map gets picked when Ragnarok is in the rotation, it’s happened three times in a row today. It was looking like Longbow was going to win, but then 2 more votes for Ragnarok and I dash-boarded. Not going to play on that map for the third straight time in a row! For once I want to play Vortex, or even freaking Meltdown (despite my loathing for that map), anything other than Ragnarok!
>
> I can’t wait for the Crimson Map Pack to get here or even other Forge Maps, because hopefully they’ll drown out the incessant Ragnarok picking!
>
> Sometimes I just wish we had the veto system back. At least that guaranteed variety. Now, it’s just the same damn map over and over again. A Tyranny of the Majority. Flame me all you want, but I’m speaking my piece. Ragnarok is getting ridiculous.

I agree. If the map was played in the previous game, it shouldn’t be an option in the current voting.
However, since there’s only a handful of maps, it’s understandable at this point. But it does get annoying. I once went through about 5 games of Ragnarok in a row before finally playing Exile (another over-played map).

> > To BTB Ragnarok! Seriously, I’m sick of this map! It’s all you people ever pick! No other map gets picked when Ragnarok is in the rotation, it’s happened three times in a row today. It was looking like Longbow was going to win, but then 2 more votes for Ragnarok and I dash-boarded. Not going to play on that map for the third straight time in a row! For once I want to play Vortex, or even freaking Meltdown (despite my loathing for that map), anything other than Ragnarok!
> >
> > I can’t wait for the Crimson Map Pack to get here or even other Forge Maps, because hopefully they’ll drown out the incessant Ragnarok picking!
> >
> > Sometimes I just wish we had the veto system back. At least that guaranteed variety. Now, it’s just the same damn map over and over again. A Tyranny of the Majority. Flame me all you want, but I’m speaking my piece. Ragnarok is getting ridiculous.
>
> I agree. If the map was played in the previous game, it shouldn’t be an option in the current voting.
> However, since there’s only a handful of maps, it’s understandable at this point. But it does get annoying. I once went through about 5 games of Ragnarok in a row before finally playing Exile (another over-played map).

Maybe if we had some forge maps injected we’d see it a lot less. But you’re right. Right now, the number of maps we have out of the gate is really low, so all we see is the same maps over and over again. Namely, Ragnarok!

> I couldn’t agree more with you…I had enough of that map in Reach. It never fails though…it always get voteted.

Ragnarok wasn’t in Reach… it was in Halo 3 as Valhalla. And even then, we had me variety with Sand Trap, Standoff, Avalanche, etc.

I love Ragnarok but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. We need more maps in the hoppers.

Personally I think there isn’t enough BTB in my Ragnarok.

Jokes aside, it’s a balanced map with a balanced weapon layout and it plays fairly and consistently.

Random Map Ordnance aside.

Random Personal Ordnance aside.

> Personally I think there isn’t enough BTB in my Ragnarok.
>
> Jokes aside, it’s a balanced map with a balanced weapon layout and it plays fairly and consistently.
>
> Random Map Ordnance aside.
>
> Random Personal Ordnance aside.

But when it gets picked about 50 times in a row, it gets boring fast. I’m sick of that map. Also, there aren’t really regular weapons on maps anymore. It’s mostly all about Personal Ordinance, so weapon layout is meh.

I agree, I think it would be different if 343 included more vehicle based maps but also it’s one of the few sunny maps and is also symmetrical.

> To BTB Ragnarok! Seriously, I’m sick of this map! It’s all you people ever pick! No other map gets picked when Ragnarok is in the rotation, it’s happened three times in a row today. It was looking like Longbow was going to win, but then 2 more votes for Ragnarok and I dash-boarded. Not going to play on that map for the third straight time in a row! For once I want to play Vortex, or even freaking Meltdown (despite my loathing for that map), anything other than Ragnarok!
>
> I can’t wait for the Crimson Map Pack to get here or even other Forge Maps, because hopefully they’ll drown out the incessant Ragnarok picking!
>
> Sometimes I just wish we had the veto system back. At least that guaranteed variety. Now, it’s just the same damn map over and over again. A Tyranny of the Majority. Flame me all you want, but I’m speaking my piece. Ragnarok is getting ridiculous.

Lol I made the same exact thread some time ago. As far as the concept goes, but I think the selection of Ragnarok has died down a lot. I’m seeing more vortex, Meltdown, and Longbow. Most of all, Exile is starting to take thrown. After massive amount of people spamming Ragnarok, I believe they now are noticing that they are getting tired of seeing it.

> > To BTB Ragnarok! Seriously, I’m sick of this map! It’s all you people ever pick! No other map gets picked when Ragnarok is in the rotation, it’s happened three times in a row today. It was looking like Longbow was going to win, but then 2 more votes for Ragnarok and I dash-boarded. Not going to play on that map for the third straight time in a row! For once I want to play Vortex, or even freaking Meltdown (despite my loathing for that map), anything other than Ragnarok!
> >
> > I can’t wait for the Crimson Map Pack to get here or even other Forge Maps, because hopefully they’ll drown out the incessant Ragnarok picking!
> >
> > Sometimes I just wish we had the veto system back. At least that guaranteed variety. Now, it’s just the same damn map over and over again. A Tyranny of the Majority. Flame me all you want, but I’m speaking my piece. Ragnarok is getting ridiculous.
>
> Lol I made the same exact thread some time ago. As far as the concept goes, but I think the selection of Ragnarok has died down a lot. I’m seeing more vortex, Meltdown, and Longbow. Most of all, Exile is starting to take thrown. After massive amount of people spamming Ragnarok, I believe they now are noticing that they are getting tired of seeing it.

I don’t know what you guys are doing to make this not happen in y’alls games, but it sure as hell keeps happening every time I go into a match. The only time I ever see Ragnarok not get picked is if I have friends in the lobby, because we’re all sick of it, lol.

> Also, there aren’t really regular weapons on maps anymore.

Yeah, there’s no base Sniper or Splaser in the middle or Rockets behind turret or a Rail Gun to either base’s right-hand cave area…No wonder ya’ll don’t like the map…you still don’t know it! lol

Meltdown’s better now that they put in the Mantis. People should vote for it more.

I’ll trade you op. I’m sick to death of seeing Exile. By far the worst map imo

> > Also, there aren’t really regular weapons on maps anymore.
>
> Yeah, there’s no base Sniper or Splaser in the middle or Rockets behind turret or a Rail Gun to either base’s right-hand cave area…No wonder ya’ll don’t like the map…you still don’t know it! lol
>
> Meltdown’s better now that they put in the Mantis. People should vote for it more.

I know there are those, but there aren’t regular weapon spawns on the map anymore. That’s regular ordinance, and it can be mixed up at times (except for Snipers) and I rarely see Laser in the middle after it is initially picked up. And that’s a dumb reason to say why I’m sick of that map. I’m sick of it because people keep picking it over and over again! Nothing new, just Ragnarok… with the occasional Exile.

I must be lucky. Skimming through my game history with one exception of a string of six consecutive Exile games between two modes I’ve recently played on a healthy varied selection of maps in both BTIS and Dominion. I’ve got to go all the way back to the 23rd/24th of November until I start reaching game history pages dominated by Ragnarok and Exile.