We May Get Clans!

> Clan support was a feature that got many players into the competitive spirit of Halo Multiplayer in a challenging-yet-rewarding way. Why has this feature died, or rather been missing in action, since Halo 2? Was it ever considered for implementation in Halo 4, and what was the deciding factor in it not being included? - u4iX
>
>
> As we mentioned before, we plan to continue consistent and meaningful sustainment updates to improve and enhance player experience. Social constructs are something we too have missed since Halo 2, and we’re looking at interesting ways to improve those experiences in the not-too-distant future. I will be using that expression a lot. Get used to it.

> > Clan support was a feature that got many players into the competitive spirit of Halo Multiplayer in a challenging-yet-rewarding way. Why has this feature died, or rather been missing in action, since Halo 2? Was it ever considered for implementation in Halo 4, and what was the deciding factor in it not being included? - u4iX
> >
> >
> > As we mentioned before, we plan to continue consistent and meaningful sustainment updates to improve and enhance player experience. Social constructs are something we too have missed since Halo 2, and we’re looking at interesting ways to improve those experiences in the not-too-distant future. I will be using that expression a lot. Get used to it.

To me that sounds like code for “We’re never bringing clans back, but feel free to visit our Halo 4 facebook page.”

If this comes true, I will lose my -Yoink-.

Actually, that is the only major gripe I have had with Halo since H2… MS shut it down because it effectively added a 2nd friends list, which is BS because other games have it… I doubt that it will be implemented into H4 but damn that would be sweet.

She was incredibly vague with the answer to that question, and I am not surprised. I too would love nothing more than to have a true clan system in game. But I have a feeling any “Social Construct” that may be implemented will be in Waypoint.

> > > Clan support was a feature that got many players into the competitive spirit of Halo Multiplayer in a challenging-yet-rewarding way. Why has this feature died, or rather been missing in action, since Halo 2? Was it ever considered for implementation in Halo 4, and what was the deciding factor in it not being included? - u4iX
> > >
> > >
> > > As we mentioned before, we plan to continue consistent and meaningful sustainment updates to improve and enhance player experience. Social constructs are something we too have missed since Halo 2, and we’re looking at interesting ways to improve those experiences in the not-too-distant future. I will be using that expression a lot. Get used to it.
>
> To me that sounds like code for “We’re never bringing clans back, but feel free to visit our Halo 4 facebook page.”

I’m also a tad skeptical…

<-----Skeptic since 2007, 343 has yet to show they will support the competitive side.

They won’t add clans.

One reason is Microsoft won’t allow us to have an additional “Friends List” for clan members.