We honestly don't want a beta

I respect 343industry’s choice on not working on a beta, or at least not planning on one yet, but for the love of god do not pester them or rush them to create a beta.

Lets look at Halo: Reach, with all it’s flaws it was designed to work with Armour Lock, the game was designed to be played by a large majority, not tailor-made to suite a small minority. Ever since players complained about one armour ability, the players were soon to complain about how another armour ability or weapon was overpowered, and then it got to the point where players were just complaining about everything, so you ended up with no-sprint, no-bloom (or limited), practically becoming a broken version of Halo CE or Halo 3, but since it was planned from the get go with completely different gameplay mechanics it could never be completely like either of those two.

What we need is 343i to polish the game with an MLG team. We don’t want them to slow down their progress, we need them to work on a Halo that unlike Halo: Reach, will be designed with competitive, yet fun, gameplay in mind. If we, the community interfere by saying that this or that is overpowered from a beta that won’t even be the entire experience, then we’ll be messing with the core gameplay structure that 343i has already worked hard on for the past 2 years.

Just let them finish it first, please. After Halo 4 is released then we can troll 343i if you’re not happy, but for now please just let them polish it.

It’d be a great idea to have a multiplayer beta consisting of 3-4 maps just so the community can send in evidence of any glitches or weird stuff that may be going on about the game and 343i can fix them before the release of the actual game.

> It’d be a great idea to have a multiplayer beta consisting of 3-4 maps just so the community can send in evidence of any glitches or weird stuff that may be going on about the game and 343i can fix them before the release of the actual game.

If you hadn’t noticed by now, creating a beta would waste time as compared to just polishing it. It’s impractical, and that’s why it is currently unplanned, and I hope that it stays that way.

:B

We all know we want a beta just for an early taste

BETA will help them making a better product. When you say that we should wait until Halo 4 is released and then complain about the game, isn’t that just plain stupid?

Why would I want to buy a broken game and then complain about when I’ll have a chance to complain about while I’m playing the beta so that they can fix it and then make a better product.

We’re not slowing down their progress, we’re helping them. Do you even know how much info/data they get from doing a beta while stress testing, codes, bugs etc?

What you’re really saying is that you want to buy the game, good or bad, without having a chance to say something about the gameplay before you buy the game (even if you had the chance) because you want to complain after you’ve given them your money and then feel ripped off because they won’t change anything?

> We all know we want a beta just for an early taste

If a beta was around, I wouldn’t be playing it for a taste of Halo 4, I would be playing it to make the final product the best it can be.

While I would like a beta, I don’t want them to make one if it would affect the final game product quality.

> > It’d be a great idea to have a multiplayer beta consisting of 3-4 maps just so the community can send in evidence of any glitches or weird stuff that may be going on about the game and 343i can fix them before the release of the actual game.
>
> If you hadn’t noticed by now, creating a beta would waste time as compared to just polishing it. It’s impractical, and that’s why it is currently unplanned, and I hope that it stays that way.
>
> :B

Thats not really a reason to not do a beta. A dev like dice with a really tough tight schedule has done it. They hat a Closed Alpha, Closed Beta and a Open Beta. And Dice has less people than 343. 343 has over 200+ people. And u dont need much for a beta. 2-3 Maps and only MP and Theater. Some standart playlists and new playlists as a test. 2 Week beta would already be enough.

Even if there was a beta I would not play it. I want my first experience of the full game to be as fresh and exciting as possible :smiley:

So you want Halo4 to be tailor made for the MLG how selfish can you get. Most Halo fans arent MlGs. But I can agree with them not wasting time on a beta.

> So you want Halo4 to be tailor made for the MLG how selfish can you guys get. Most Halo fans arent MlGs.

MLG is already helping to develop Halo 4.

> > So you want Halo4 to be tailor made for the MLG how selfish can you guys get. Most Halo fans arent MlGs.
>
> MLG is already helping to develop Halo 4.

First I have heard of this, want to provide a source?

I think you only speak for yourself, not the entire Halo community, hence the title of this thread.

> > > So you want Halo4 to be tailor made for the MLG how selfish can you guys get. Most Halo fans arent MlGs.
> >
> > MLG is already helping to develop Halo 4.
>
> First I have heard of this, want to provide a source?

MLG Creator Sundance said it in an livestream I think.

My guess is they’re only helping to develop the competitive side things, they’ll leave the casual/social/whatever you wish to call it alone. They just want the competitive side to be good enough for MLG standards, unlike Reach.

> I respect 343industry’s choice on not working on a beta, or at least not planning on one yet, but for the love of god do not pester them or rush them to create a beta.
>
> Lets look at Halo: Reach, with all it’s flaws it was designed to work with Armour Lock, the game was designed to be played by a large majority, not tailor-made to suite a small minority. Ever since players complained about one armour ability, the players were soon to complain about how another armour ability or weapon was overpowered, and then it got to the point where players were just complaining about everything, so you ended up with no-sprint, no-bloom (or limited), practically becoming a broken version of Halo CE or Halo 3, but since it was planned from the get go with completely different gameplay mechanics it could never be completely like either of those two.
>
> What we need is 343i to polish the game with an MLG team. We don’t want them to slow down their progress, we need them to work on a Halo that unlike Halo: Reach, will be designed with competitive, yet fun, gameplay in mind. If we, the community interfere by saying that this or that is overpowered from a beta that won’t even be the entire experience, then we’ll be messing with the core gameplay structure that 343i has already worked hard on for the past 2 years.
>
> Just let them finish it first, please. After Halo 4 is released then we can troll 343i if you’re not happy, but for now please just let them polish it.

I’m not sure if you’re being ignorant or not…
The HR Beta already had armor lock among other things that appeared in the final game. Its not like our input told them we needed that stuff, they already had it in the game.
Additionally, the fanbase helped them to sort out glitches in the game.

There is really no reason for them to not release a beta to the public. Who says MLG is the only one that supports competitive and fun gameplay? I’d cometitive and fun a beta to death! For the record, every halo game has had trump cards.

And also for the record, not everyone thinks Reach is a pile of crap. I’m pretty sure there are more players of reach than Halo 3, otherwise the Halo 3 servers would be populated to the max. You not liking how reach turned out is not a good enough reason to not make a beta.

> > > > So you want Halo4 to be tailor made for the MLG how selfish can you guys get. Most Halo fans arent MlGs.
> > >
> > > MLG is already helping to develop Halo 4.
> >
> > First I have heard of this, want to provide a source?
>
> MLG Creator Sundance said it in an livestream.

Got a video of the stream?

I mean its good if you want to play MlG and become one but you shouldnt shove it down other peoples throats and make every one play the same way. I think 343 should make multiple playlists suit everyone.

> > > > > So you want Halo4 to be tailor made for the MLG how selfish can you guys get. Most Halo fans arent MlGs.
> > > >
> > > > MLG is already helping to develop Halo 4.
> > >
> > > First I have heard of this, want to provide a source?
> >
> > MLG Creator Sundance said it in an livestream.
>
> Got a video of the stream?

I’ll try and find it.

If a beta takes away from the quality of the game as the time it takes to support one is massive, I don’t want them to produce one simply because they have to.

For purely selfish reasons, I want to play it.

> > > > > So you want Halo4 to be tailor made for the MLG how selfish can you guys get. Most Halo fans arent MlGs.
> > > >
> > > > MLG is already helping to develop Halo 4.
> > >
> > > First I have heard of this, want to provide a source?
> >
> > MLG Creator Sundance said it in an livestream.
>
> Got a video of the stream?

I’ve heard of Mlg 's help as well a while ago, can’t quite remember where from.