"We hired people who hated Halo'

I just saw this quote and that pretty much explains everything wrong with Halo 4. It was made by non-Halo fans to appeal to non-Halo fans. I no longer have any faith in the future of this franchise after seeing that.

aaaaaaand locked.

A thread with the same name again?
I think the forums had enough discussion about this already.

This again? Isn’t there a thread about this already?

> I just saw this quote and that pretty much explains everything wrong with Halo 4. It was made by non-Halo fans to appeal to non-Halo fans. I no longer have any faith in the future of this franchise after seeing that.

It’s been said before but what else can we do? I myself have ranted my fair share but it’s probably best to wait till halo 5 to see if they have learnt from this mistake.

Well this is awkward.

Did you bother reading the rest of the article? Or even the rest of that quote?

> Well this is awkward.
>
> Did you bother reading the rest of the article? Or even the rest of that quote?

I read the rest of the article, and the quote stands. They hired people who thought they knew better, Halo 4 being the product of their knowledge.

Anyway, there is another thread for this. If I’m honest I don’t even want to see that thread again, because it will just anger me again.

Yeah, with all that’s been discovered and announced regarding 343, I’m convinced that we are victims of one of the greatest mass-trolling attempts ever conceived.

Andy Kaufman would be proud.

sigh

Hiring people who dont like certain aspects is good. Its gives a different perspective on how things should be done, and ultimately will make the game better.

There are other parts of that article that you could get pissed off about this one little part is probably the least important part of it.

Take for instance the part about the snippet of gameplay they made that was traditional and people enjoyed it, in turn they scrapped it because it was traditional.

> sigh
>
> Hiring people who dont like certain aspects is good. Its gives a different perspective on how things should be done, and ultimately will make the game better.

Yeah that strategy turned out well… at least someone got to play and enjoy the traditional halo alpha game before they burned it.

Here is the original topic, https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst205660_-We-hired-people-who-hated-Halo.aspx No need for another one.

> Here is the original topic, https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst205660_-We-hired-people-who-hated-Halo.aspx No need for another one.

Looks locked to me.

> > sigh
> >
> > Hiring people who dont like certain aspects is good. Its gives a different perspective on how things should be done, and ultimately will make the game better.
>
> Yeah that strategy turned out well… at least someone got to play and enjoy the traditional halo alpha game before they burned it.

Im not saying it turned out well, but the general thought process behind hiring some people who find faults with previous games is a good one. That is of course if they are still able to keep the classic feel of the previous iterations. That however did not happen with this game and that is were the problem stems from.

> > > sigh
> > >
> > > Hiring people who dont like certain aspects is good. Its gives a different perspective on how things should be done, and ultimately will make the game better.
> >
> > Yeah that strategy turned out well… at least someone got to play and enjoy the traditional halo alpha game before they burned it.
>
> Im not saying it turned out well, but the general thought process behind hiring some people who find faults with previous games is a good one. That is of course if they are still able to keep the classic feel of the previous iterations. That however did not happen with this game and that is were the problem stems from.

Constructive criticism is fine, difference between 343i and Bungie is that Bungie held betas for their games, took criticisms and fixed the issues. This iterative process is how Bungie created and refined the Halo formula,as well as their own in-house testing and passion for making a great game.

343i weren’t building upon Bungie’s progress. Hiring people who want to change everything for the sake of it or ‘‘just cause’’ is bad, and that’s what I think happened with Halo 4.

At least we still have Halo’s 1-3.

Its a shame to see how Halo 4 ended up.

It’s not like they said, “We hired people who hated Halo so we could destroy one of the most popular xbox gaming franchises of all time because we’re evil muahahaha”!!

The statement in the article doesn’t mean that 343 didn’t care if thier game turned out to be a failure, they worked hard on making Halo 4. It wasn’t an easy task for 343 to take over this franchise that Bungie left behind. I’m sure they did the best they could.

I actually enjoy Halo 4. Of course there are still problems, but many of them have been adressed/fixed and 343 is continuing to improve Halo 4.

> > Here is the original topic, https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst205660_-We-hired-people-who-hated-Halo.aspx No need for another one.
>
> Looks locked to me.

This thread and the rest will also get locked if we let the Didact get to Earth.

It’s funny how this was taken out of context and demonized only to suit the ideals of people who are blinded with anger. Frankie trolled you guys.

> It’s funny how this was taken out of context and demonized only to suit the ideals of people who are blinded with anger. Frankie trolled you guys.

After GDC, 343i have to be very careful with their wording. They hired people who didn’t like some aspects of the game, so they could improve from it.

Why is the game so drastically different from Halo 3 and even Reach? Maybe, just maybe, because they listened to the wrong people.

This is old news. Everyone already knows.