We have to unzoom when getting shot!

The utility weapons, especially the DMR and the SNIPER is way to powerful. You are dead meat, if one of those are starting to shoot you first, and because you can’t counter and unzoom them, there is nothing you can do but die, or try to escape. FIX IT.

Agree. Just another unnecessary change. It should have been a perk @ best.

I agree with you. Especially the DMR staying scoped in when you are shot is one of the things making the dmr seem unbalanced to me, considering it really has no limit on range and shooting them doesn’t help get their aim away from you.

The sniper is less of a problem but I can still see the issue with it.

All in all yes please unzoom the rifles when you get shot a few times.

> It should have been a perk @ best.

I completely agree with this. But on topic, yes you should scope out just like in previous games.

Completely agree. 343 totally dropped the ball on this one; though it is such a simple mechanic it is still a game-breaking mechanic. Sniping is ridiculous right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

> I agree with you. Especially the DMR staying scoped in when you are shot is one of the things making the dmr seem unbalanced to me, considering it really has no limit on range and shooting them doesn’t help get their aim away from you.
>
> The sniper is less of a problem but I can still see the issue with it.
>
> All in all yes please unzoom the rifles when you get shot a few times.

Same. I do really think that this will help balance out the DMR, and even if they start shooting me across the map on Solace, I still can survive when I shot them back.

I just think they should decrease fire rate and range of DMR.

I’ve recently switched to BR as my primary, though. Have usually no problem going one on one against DMR in close to mid range, as long as I have first drop and they’re not lagging (Warping everywhere).

I agree entirely. I also miss it when I’m scoped and someone starts to shoot me up close. I’m expecting to unzoom so I can fight but it doesn’t happen :(.

Good point about close range, you’re aiming across map and someone is close and shooting you, getting unscoped actually helps us have a chance to fight back so I really want to see them fix this.

I disagree. In Reach, you were forced to unscope. Thus, when an enemy shot you from a great range (say, from the ledges on Boneyard) you had little change of fighting back/surviving. You had to hip shoot at a target hundreds of meters away.

No, no, and absolutely NO.
I was fighting my way solo through a grueling Legendary campaign until 3 AM last night, and when you’ve got Promethean Knights breathing down your neck from 3 different angles with minimal cover, that ability to stay focused makes ALL the difference.
Even in multiplayer, this was always one of the things that bothered me, that if someone got shots on you first it would be hard to react because you couldn’t stay zoomed in.

> I disagree. In Reach, you were forced to unscope. Thus, when an enemy shot you from a great range (say, from the ledges on Boneyard) you had little change of fighting back/surviving. You had to hip shoot at a target hundreds of meters away.

Those were always the easy kills, the ones who decided it was better to stay and fight. The harder kills were the ones who played smart, took cover, recovered, and either popped back out to have another go at a gunfight or retreated to another position to try and flank me. Oh well, it’s not like any of the matters anymore. If you can’t kill anyone instantly in this game then that’s a huge problem.

I agree and 343 should highly follow this through. Not being able to counter someone that has their sights on you is very tricky, especially when they have a sniper. It gets very annoying when you see someone with a sniper locking gazes with you and you cant really do anything to prevent him from shooting at you. I’d prefer it just like the past halos, if they made it where your unscoped when shot.

Support.

Agreed. It’s no biggy on the BR, carbine, light rifle or magnum, but for everything else, it just makes fighting them utter BS. It’s why I use a DMR now.

> I agree and 343 should highly follow this through. Not being able to counter someone that has their sights on you is very tricky, especially when they have a sniper. It gets very annoying when you see someone with a sniper locking gazes with you and you cant really do anything to prevent him from shooting at you. I’d prefer it just like the past halos, if they made it where your unscoped when shot.
>
> Support.

and its just as bad with the DMR. You have no chance of getting his aim off you and the DMR has no limit to range so you are almost always screwed.

I believe this is the main reason that many, including me, are not happy with the current DMR (too good).

At the very least, they should greatly increase the amount you flinch with the DMR or sniper.

No. You need to stay in zoom when shot. Just find a way to balance it with snipers but keep it with all the other guns.

> No. You need to stay in zoom when shot. Just find a way to balance it with snipers but keep it with all the other guns.

Find a way to balance it with the sniper rifle? What other way? Just being snapped out of zoom on the sniper rifle but not any other weapon doesn’t make much sense since the DMR is essentially a less powerful sniper rifle in this game…

> The utility weapons, especially the DMR and the SNIPER is way to powerful. You are dead meat, if one of those are starting to shoot you first, and because you can’t counter and unzoom them, there is nothing you can do but die, or try to escape. FIX IT.

The Sniper rifle needs to be zoomed out when being shot. HUGE yes!

But the DMR and BR are ok since lot of combat is with them.

Shadowrun is a great game to look at when learning how to balance a first person shooter online. Pretty sure they did the same.

Will say this often – it is such a shame that game was overlooked only because it lacked a single player campaign. The game was fabulous!!!

> > No. You need to stay in zoom when shot. Just find a way to balance it with snipers but keep it with all the other guns.
>
> Find a way to balance it with the sniper rifle? What other way? Just being snapped out of zoom on the sniper rifle but not any other weapon doesn’t make much sense since the DMR is essentially a less powerful sniper rifle in this game…

The DMR needs to get nerfed regardless.

As for the sniper, we shouldn’t make all weapons zoom out when shot and revert back to the “whoever shoots first wins” long range battles because of one weapon.

Add more flinch to the sniper, Zoom out the sniper when shot, make the shot less accurate. Use your imagination.