We got the grapple but what else

So I might be late to the party but I noticed that there was quite a lack of mobility shown in the latest reveal of the multiplayer setting for Halo infinite, I was just wondering what’s happening with our movement and whether where to see a regression to the older days of Halo or whether or getting an upgrade further past the newer halos.
Personally I could go either way I’ll play Halo because I want to play Halo but I am a tad bit worried that there will be a regression to the slower less competitive gameplay of Halo 3 rather than in my opinion the more enjoyable combat of Halo 5, don’t get me wrong I will be using the grappling hook for all sorts of fun tactics but watching the multiplayer video released approximately 16 hours ago I’m just worried about our future of movement.

Well we have sprint, slide, clamber and the grapplehook in Infinite. I think that’s all the mobility we need.

You’ll be able to sprint, slide & clamber in Halo Infinite. Note that Grapple is a equipment piece and not everyone will have them at hand all match.

Thrusters & all of that stuff is gone as fans felt it strayed too far away from what Halo’s multiplayer should be like.

Personally, I’m quite happy they’ve made the game less convoluted and kept it to the basics. Halo doesn’t need super crazy movement to be good.

Tbis isn’t going to be a Halo 3 type game where we’re just walking around but it’s also not Halo 5 where Spartans are flying all over the place. This is a middle ground, the best of both worlds.

> 2535447723755145;1:
> So I might be late to the party but I noticed that there was quite a lack of mobility shown in the latest reveal of the multiplayer setting for Halo infinite, I was just wondering what’s happening with our movement and whether where to see a regression to the older days of Halo or whether or getting an upgrade further past the newer halos.
> Personally I could go either way I’ll play Halo because I want to play Halo but I am a tad bit worried that there will be a regression to the slower less competitive gameplay of Halo 3 rather than in my opinion the more enjoyable combat of Halo 5, don’t get me wrong I will be using the grappling hook for all sorts of fun tactics but watching the multiplayer video released approximately 16 hours ago I’m just worried about our future of movement.

It looks like we’re going back to the basics, thank god.

So far we’ve seen clamber, sprint, and sliding as ‘default’ movement options. Sprint also looks slower than previous games to me.
Grapple is a map pickup that only a limited number of players will be able to have at a time. We’ve also seen a sort of super-jump using the repulse shield, which is another map pickup. Presumably other, yet to be seen, equipment might also have movement options attached.

> 2533274861976078;4:
> > 2535447723755145;1:
> > So I might be late to the party but I noticed that there was quite a lack of mobility shown in the latest reveal of the multiplayer setting for Halo infinite, I was just wondering what’s happening with our movement and whether where to see a regression to the older days of Halo or whether or getting an upgrade further past the newer halos.
> > Personally I could go either way I’ll play Halo because I want to play Halo but I am a tad bit worried that there will be a regression to the slower less competitive gameplay of Halo 3 rather than in my opinion the more enjoyable combat of Halo 5, don’t get me wrong I will be using the grappling hook for all sorts of fun tactics but watching the multiplayer video released approximately 16 hours ago I’m just worried about our future of movement.
>
> It looks like we’re going back to the basics, thank god.
>
> So far we’ve seen clamber, sprint, and sliding as ‘default’ movement options. Sprint also looks slower than previous games to me.
> Grapple is a map pickup that only a limited number of players will be able to have at a time. We’ve also seen a sort of super-jump using the repulse shield, which is another map pickup. Presumably other, yet to be seen, equipment might also have movement options attached.

I really like the offensive and defensive ways to use these pickups. You can use the grapple to get away or in someone’s face. You can use the shield to bounce back projectiles or get up some ledges with the “super jump” for a flank. I wonder how many alternate uses there are for some of the other equips.