We don't need a yoink! reason why Reds fight Blues

Honestly, this is the most utterly limited idea I have ever heard for a Halo game. I know that we still have yet to discover why they do fight, but come on 343. Noone but 343 has ever asked why they fight. Noone cares. It’s just multiplayer. Leave the story for campaign. There is a reason its called campaign. Multiplayer should be, and always has been for fun and social (be it sometimes destructive) teamwork. Story in my opinion and many others has no place in multiplayer. So unless Frankie is in fact correct saying, “We have a fairly convincing reason why Reds can fight Blues”. I will be tremendously dissapoint. Regardless, I will still play it :slight_smile:

Agree 100%. There is no POSSIBLE or PLAUSIBLE reason that’s good enough to justify itself in making a canonical reason that red spartans fight blue spartans. It’s ridiculous, stupid, and unnecessary.

It’s multiplayer. Not campaign. The two are generally unrelated for a reason: THEY ARE DIFFERENT THINGS!

You’re acting as if it’s going to be a major part of the multiplayer. It’s not like there’s going to be cutscenes or something. It’ll just be a tiny bit of backstory to make it feel as if the multiplayer is a bit closer to the Halo’s story.

The only thing I can think of would be that its all a training program in a virtual simulator for Spartan-IVs. And that is a lame reason.

I would prefer they just leave it alone. We are talking about a scenario where 2 teams of reincarnating super soldiers fight over a flag, and when they die they just materialise out of thin air. A scenario where if you leave certain areas you drop dead.

Multiplayer needs no justification. We know what multiplayer is, its a multiplayer xbox game. It would be like coming up with a canonical setting for football or basketball, with a rich diverse history behind why the teams are trying to score goals or points. The purpose is to score the goal or point, no more explanation required.

1. Dead Space 2’s multiplayer fit into the story, which seemed kind of neat. So, if they create a good enough reason it could be interesting.

2. I thought RvB already explained why everyone was pointlessly killing each other?

Wow why do people honestly get mad over something as little as a simple story that ties into multiplayer? Can you just accept it? Please? It’s not even going to interfere with your multiplayer gaming experience so just chill out. You are really acting like a small spoiled child.

LOL, Halo fans are so adorable when the complain about trivial changes that don’t actually affect gameplay.

Guys, who cares? I’m pretty sure it will just end up playing into a feature for online and not an actual story plot point.

come on its not that big a deal it is just something elts you can talk YOINK to the other team about

> Wow why do people honestly get mad over something as little as a simple story that ties into multiplayer? Can you just accept it? Please? It’s not even going to interfere with your multiplayer gaming experience so just chill out. You are really acting like a small spoiled child.

There is no viable reason in the universe that would make the RvB thing okay. A training program is incredibly childish and lame and a civil war is absolutely a terrible idea. People buy this game, in short, to kill aliens. Humans vs. Humans not only takes that effect away, it too is also a cheap cop-out for a story.

What we are saying is that 343 is messing with Halo 4’s story simply to cater to multiplayer. Which is entirely unnecessary! It’s not like this was ever in anybody’s plans in the Halo campaign storyline, it was simply thrown in there by 343 to fix a non-issue.

> Wow why do people honestly get mad over something as little as a simple story that ties into multiplayer? Can you just accept it? Please? It’s not even going to interfere with your multiplayer gaming experience so just chill out. You are really acting like a small spoiled child.

This.

People need to stop making threads about how Halo 4 sucks for a hundred different reasons, no one cares about your opinion that much.

Stop acting like this is going to change gameplay or anything. It’s just one of those little fun facts.

> > Wow why do people honestly get mad over something as little as a simple story that ties into multiplayer? Can you just accept it? Please? It’s not even going to interfere with your multiplayer gaming experience so just chill out. You are really acting like a small spoiled child.
>
> There is no viable reason in the universe that would make the RvB thing okay. A training program is incredibly childish and lame and a civil war is absolutely a terrible idea. People buy this game, in short, to kill aliens. Humans vs. Humans not only takes that effect away, it too is also a cheap cop-out for a story.
>
> What we are saying is that 343 is messing with Halo 4’s story simply to cater to multiplayer. Which is entirely unnecessary! It’s not like this was ever in anybody’s plans in the Halo campaign storyline, it was simply thrown in there by 343 to fix a non-issue.

Let me put this into simple terms so you can understand. <mark>It. Doesn’t. Matter.</mark> If you dont care about a story tying into multiplayer, then just don’t read up on the story behind multiplayer! Honestly, just play the game the way you would like to play it. It shouldn’t matter to you once you get into multiplayer killing other fellow Halo fans anyway. Like I said, it’s not interfering with your gameplay experience so it shouldn’t be such a big priority to you. Other people are very interested behind the reason why Blues are fighting Reds so don’t try and ruin their good time.

It’s not going to be a HUGE story behind multiplayer. If you can’t accept that then I honestly dont know what else to tell you. Just accept it and move on.

Assassin’s Creed did an excellent job with having a story for their multiplayer. If Frank has a convincing story, then I’ll go along with it. I would rather experience what the MP “story” is before saying no to it.

I am sure that they have come up with something that is really good.

I agree. I liked the mysterious and random war of red vs. blue.

It’s hilarious to imagine a real situation where trained, combat-hardened supermen wearing superintelligent steel armor, chunks of steel 500kgs each, painted in colors that make no sense whatsoever tactically, fight over an odd ball and kill eachother for it using expensive weaponry that is being supplied to them, with a warm and badass voice saying “ball taken” in the background.

It’s just so silly that it doesn’t need a background story. It was first done without any apparent reason in Halo CE besides making enemies easy to identify, and it was functional. Made for competitive fun, which is what defines a good shooter.

However, I’m curious about what comes out of their sleeve. I just hope it all makes sense and they start a new trilogy that is just as iconic as the first. A beautiful, plausible story full of epicness… And that their “formidable enemy” is worth making a story about. Not some rogue spartans or something.

> Agree 100%. There is no POSSIBLE or PLAUSIBLE reason that’s good enough to justify itself in making a canonical reason that red spartans fight blue spartans. It’s ridiculous, stupid, and unnecessary.
>
> It’s multiplayer. Not campaign. The two are generally unrelated for a reason: THEY ARE DIFFERENT THINGS!

Insurrectionists produce Spartans, and the UNSC need to take countermeasures. Perfectly plausible reason. Stop judging a game that’s not even out yet.

> > > Wow why do people honestly get mad over something as little as a simple story that ties into multiplayer? Can you just accept it? Please? It’s not even going to interfere with your multiplayer gaming experience so just chill out. You are really acting like a small spoiled child.
> >
> > There is no viable reason in the universe that would make the RvB thing okay. A training program is incredibly childish and lame and a civil war is absolutely a terrible idea. People buy this game, in short, to kill aliens. Humans vs. Humans not only takes that effect away, it too is also a cheap cop-out for a story.
> >
> > What we are saying is that 343 is messing with Halo 4’s story simply to cater to multiplayer. Which is entirely unnecessary! It’s not like this was ever in anybody’s plans in the Halo campaign storyline, it was simply thrown in there by 343 to fix a non-issue.
>
> Let me put this into simple terms so you can understand. It. Doesn’t. Matter. If you dont care about a story tying into multiplayer, then just don’t read up on the story behind multiplayer! Honestly, just play the game the way you would like to play it. It shouldn’t matter to you once you get into multiplayer killing other fellow Halo fans either way. Like I said, it’s not interfering with your gameplay experience so it shouldn’t be such a big priority to you. Other people are very interested behind the reason why Blues are fighting Reds so don’t try and ruin their good time.
>
> It’s not going to be a HUGE story behind multiplayer. If you can’t accept that then I honestly dont know what else to tell you. Just accept it and move on.

Did u read the rest of my post?

> > Wow why do people honestly get mad over something as little as a simple story that ties into multiplayer? Can you just accept it? Please? It’s not even going to interfere with your multiplayer gaming experience so just chill out. You are really acting like a small spoiled child.
>
> There is no viable reason in the universe that would make the RvB thing okay. A training program is incredibly childish and lame and a civil war is absolutely a terrible idea. People buy this game, in short, to kill aliens. Humans vs. Humans not only takes that effect away, it too is also a cheap cop-out for a story.
>
> What we are saying is that 343 is messing with Halo 4’s story simply to cater to multiplayer. Which is entirely unnecessary! It’s not like this was ever in anybody’s plans in the Halo campaign storyline, it was simply thrown in there by 343 to fix a non-issue.

Maybe you buy this game just to kill aliens but i buy it because it has an incredible story. I bought Halo CE with that in mind but then i was subjected to an awesome and detailed story. Yes it may be unnecessary to add a story to multiplayer, but neither firefight or theatre were neccesary either. That didnt stop them from adding it and only made Halo better. If you don’t like the reason they come up with you can always just ignore it and kill the enemy team as you have in every other game.

>
>

No, there isn’t any reason in the Halo universe as we know it that spartan 4 would be fragging the hell out of each other. So, we can conclude that 343 is being creative and introducing some new facet to the Halo universe which allows for such mind-breaking -Yoink- to happen. Much like in the new Sins of a Solar Empire expansion (a game that bases itself on story-based multiplayer, by the way) which takes established roles and flips them completely to allow for new and better fiction.

Even though it’s not a necessity, it really does help the game.

> > > > Wow why do people honestly get mad over something as little as a simple story that ties into multiplayer? Can you just accept it? Please? It’s not even going to interfere with your multiplayer gaming experience so just chill out. You are really acting like a small spoiled child.
> > >
> > > There is no viable reason in the universe that would make the RvB thing okay. A training program is incredibly childish and lame and a civil war is absolutely a terrible idea. People buy this game, in short, to kill aliens. Humans vs. Humans not only takes that effect away, it too is also a cheap cop-out for a story.
> > >
> > > What we are saying is that 343 is messing with Halo 4’s story simply to cater to multiplayer. Which is entirely unnecessary! It’s not like this was ever in anybody’s plans in the Halo campaign storyline, it was simply thrown in there by 343 to fix a non-issue.
> >
> > Let me put this into simple terms so you can understand. It. Doesn’t. Matter. If you dont care about a story tying into multiplayer, then just don’t read up on the story behind multiplayer! Honestly, just play the game the way you would like to play it. It shouldn’t matter to you once you get into multiplayer killing other fellow Halo fans either way. Like I said, it’s not interfering with your gameplay experience so it shouldn’t be such a big priority to you. Other people are very interested behind the reason why Blues are fighting Reds so don’t try and ruin their good time.
> >
> > It’s not going to be a HUGE story behind multiplayer. If you can’t accept that then I honestly dont know what else to tell you. Just accept it and move on.
>
> Did u read the rest of my post?

Umm yes I did but I honestly don’t know why you would be disappointed about a small story behind multiplayer. I can care less if there was or wasn’t a story regarding multiplayer. It doesn’t take away from my gaming experience. If anything, its enhancing it.