we don't like microtransactions 343 and CA

And your extremely aggressive marketing and pushing of them in your specific game modes has to stop or a significantly less amount of people will still be willing to buy your games.

The second beta being exclusively blitz demonstrates this well and disgustingly. I know you just want to make money but come on. You can do that with the sales of your game alone. It’s still a perfectly viable way of doing business and if you can’t shake the greed then you will get less money in the long run. People will get tired of it, and when they do there will be nothing keeping them buying your games and wasting money in the microtransactions within.

You tried it with 5’s warzone and I don’t believe it worked as much as you thought it would. Blitz won’t produce the inordinate amount of money you are looking for either because people will get bored faster than 5. They will realize that spending money on it is a waste and they will simply obstain. That and maybe from that experience stop playing and maybe even buying firsthand the games which you sell.

just go back to the well established wholesome business practices of making a damn game and selling it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree. While I don’t think HW2s mocrotransactions are nearly as bad as H5s I agree that they should not be in a payed game at all.

Obviously someone likes them, because people keep buying them.

> 2661949065475413;3:
> Obviously someone likes them, because people keep buying them.

I’m not saying nobody does, if there’s something out there you bet at least someone will like it.

I believe it worked very well with warzone otherwise it wouldn’t of been implemented here. I’d even say it wasn’t in the plans until they evaluated how much money they made with it in halo 5. Sucked me in like a calf to a teet I purchased some packs and will do so with this game. It caters to halo only playing players. If no other game or franchise appeals to say a late 80s early 90s born game player, one that grew up with the halo franchise, they’re willing to spend money to support not the company but the company maintaining halo.

Besides what game doesn’t have some sort of card based pay to win business plan these days.

I’m fine with microtransactions when all the maps are given out to the community for free. Halo 5 did a great job with keeping the community together.

> 2637152460379173;6:
> I’m fine with microtransactions when all the maps are given out to the community for free. Halo 5 did a great job with keeping the community together.

Did you not know? HW2 has a season pass for all the maps along side micros.

> 2637152460379173;6:
> I’m fine with microtransactions when all the maps are given out to the community for free. Halo 5 did a great job with keeping the community together.

So you are just glad the status queue is being maintained? Everything in the game you pay for should be free because you already paid for it. See what they did by putting the price tag on it? Know what that means? You are buying a product that should be complete.

> 2661949065475413;7:
> > 2637152460379173;6:
> > I’m fine with microtransactions when all the maps are given out to the community for free. Halo 5 did a great job with keeping the community together.
>
> Did you not know? HW2 has a season pass for all the maps along side micros.

So you have to buy that to be in matchmaking?

> 2533274820642782;8:
> > 2637152460379173;6:
> > I’m fine with microtransactions when all the maps are given out to the community for free. Halo 5 did a great job with keeping the community together.
>
> So you are just glad the status queue is being maintained? Everything in the game you pay for should be free because you already paid for it. See what they did by putting the price tag on it? Know what that means? You are buying a product that should be complete.

Who dictates what a complete product is? The consumer or the developer?
I haven’t followed Halo Wars 2 much, but what is in Halo Wars 2 that is released with the product, and then locked behind a paywall?

I am curious as to whether or not CoD, Gears, Battlefield, and Plants versus Zombies all receive the same treatment.

Are people as vocal when it comes to those games?

> 2533274808473685;11:
> I am curious as to whether or not CoD, Gears, Battlefield, and Plants versus Zombies all receive the same treatment.
>
> Are people as vocal when it comes to those games?

Gears, yes. The others not that much.

They stick to one mode and give the company more money to make better games in the future.

Makes me fine with it.

> 2533274795123910;10:
> > 2533274820642782;8:
> > > 2637152460379173;6:
> > > I’m fine with microtransactions when all the maps are given out to the community for free. Halo 5 did a great job with keeping the community together.
> >
> > So you are just glad the status queue is being maintained? Everything in the game you pay for should be free because you already paid for it. See what they did by putting the price tag on it? Know what that means? You are buying a product that should be complete.
>
> Who dictates what a complete product is? The consumer or the developer?
> I haven’t followed Halo Wars 2 much, but what is in Halo Wars 2 that is released with the product, and then locked behind a paywall?

The consumer, obviously.

We will find out

> 2533274808473685;11:
> I am curious as to whether or not CoD, Gears, Battlefield, and Plants versus Zombies all receive the same treatment.
>
> Are people as vocal when it comes to those games?

The last two don’t have a place to express their concerns I don’t think.

> 2533274820642782;14:
> > 2533274795123910;10:
> > > 2533274820642782;8:
> > > > 2637152460379173;6:
> > > > I’m fine with microtransactions when all the maps are given out to the community for free. Halo 5 did a great job with keeping the community together.
> > >
> > > So you are just glad the status queue is being maintained? Everything in the game you pay for should be free because you already paid for it. See what they did by putting the price tag on it? Know what that means? You are buying a product that should be complete.
> >
> > Who dictates what a complete product is? The consumer or the developer?
> > I haven’t followed Halo Wars 2 much, but what is in Halo Wars 2 that is released with the product, and then locked behind a paywall?
>
> The consumer, obviously.
>
> We will find out

Then no matter what a developer release, it can never release a complete product.

The first thing you find when you search “Halo Wars 2 Microtransactions” is an article titled, “Halo Wars 2 Dev Hoping to Avoid “Pay-to-Win” Scenario With Microtransactions”. I think they’ve failed.

I think the gametype is involved enough where a good players will always been a bad one who has better cards, but the fact that the player who’s opened more booster packs will have better units really kinda puts a damper on the prospect of there being an even playing field between players who have spent extra money and those who haven’t.

If this was like Halo 5, where DLC and tournaments were being funded from it, I could just ignore it and be happy for those who do decide to spend their money. Instead, we’re getting:

• A full priced game
  • A special edition of that game
  • Microtransactions
  • Multiple DLC packs with a season pass

I understand games aren’t cheap to make but they’re throwing in virtually every additional monetization effort in the book, and it feels like this is being milked for all it’s worth.

I don’t believe this will be “pay to win”, as the cards are still random. This manner of microtransaction doesn’t bother me, because it’s not mandatory to progress.

> 2533274820642782;8:
> So you are just glad the status queue is being maintained? Everything in the game you pay for should be free because you already paid for it. See what they did by putting the price tag on it? Know what that means? You are buying a product that should be complete.

There’s actually plenty of things with a price tag that require further payments.

Anything that needs batteries.
Anything that needs gass.
Printers need ink (and are sold at a loss with the point of recouping the loss through ink sales).
Cellphones need plans.
Computers typically need internet to be that useful these days.
Tv’s tend to need some form of cable.

Again, you people NEED TO STOP BLAMING 343 FOR THINGS LIKE MICROTRANSACTIONS. These types of features aren’t implemented by game developers. They are things that publishers will try to put into the game. EA did it with being able to buy sets of weapons for Battlefield.

This is not 343’s fault, maybe the reason they don’t respond to posts like “343 stop adding in Microtransactions” is because they can’t do anything about it? If they’ve done so well to listen to the community and change so many things with Halo 5, and HW2. Why would they keep adding microtransactions?

343 and CA are developers not publishers. You need to realise this and stop blaming developers, as they are the people who are making these awesome games and putting so much hard work into it. And I say this as a developer myself, no game dev would EVER WANT microtransactions in their game. And in my time making games, nobody has ever mentioned something like that.