We Deserve Better.

I’ve played Halo since I was a kid on H1. I survived the MCC debacle, where many of my friends swore off Halo for life. The amount of issues in this game are inexcusable. I’ve been having constant server issues since the Silent Cartographer update. Yesterday I begged an old Halo friend to try H5, he gets on, we can’t connect to H5 servers. Can’t connect to each other, can’t find games, etc. He’s done. What a great impression. This is the Halo we now know. It’s sad.

How do you just put out a game that DOESN’T WORK for days, and not say anything? Why do we have to beg Bravo and others for answers? When something is up, the @Halo account needs to be doing damage control. We need ETAs on this stuff, communicate with us. I’ve played multiple games of Warzone where I can’t use my REQs at all, I’ve spawned outside of the map unable to move, this stuff can’t happen. The new map Overgrowth (which is possibly the worst TS map I’ve ever played), people are getting outside of and cheating the entire game. Oh, and you can’t quit or you’ll get in trouble. Even worse, these servers are kicking people off constantly, and then BANNING people for quitting. Is this real life?

Hundreds of armor/emblems/req packs we don’t care about, what happened to just making sure games worked? I don’t need a 5th helmet of the same model I’ll never use, I need to quickly connect to my buddy and find a game. People are losing DAYS of progress in Forge due to bugs. Where does it stop?

We deserve better.

> 2533274832697531;1:
> I’ve played Halo since I was a kid on H1. I survived the MCC debacle, where many of my friends swore off Halo for life. The amount of issues in this game are inexcusable. I’ve been having constant server issues since the Silent Cartographer update. Yesterday I begged an old Halo friend to try H5, he gets on, we can’t connect to H5 servers. Can’t connect to each other, can’t find games, etc. He’s done. What a great impression. This is the Halo we now know. It’s sad.
>
> How do you just put out a game that DOESN’T WORK for days, and not say anything? Why do we have to beg Bravo and others for answers? When something is up, the @Halo account needs to be doing damage control. We need ETAs on this stuff, communicate with us. I’ve played multiple games of Warzone where I can’t use my REQs at all, I’ve spawned outside of the map unable to move, this stuff can’t happen. The new map Overgrowth (which is possibly the worst TS map I’ve ever played), people are getting outside of and cheating the entire game. Oh, and you can’t quit or you’ll get in trouble. Even worse, these servers are kicking people off constantly, and then BANNING people for quitting. Is this real life?
>
> Hundreds of armor/emblems/req packs we don’t care about, what happened to just making sure games worked? I don’t need a 5th helmet of the same model I’ll never use, I need to quickly connect to my buddy and find a game. People are losing DAYS of progress in Forge due to bugs. Where does it stop?
>
> We deserve better.

I agree with the communicating part. 343i needs to give us updates when issues happen. But all that other stuff you said, I don’t agree with you on. We all have our own opinions on this issue 343i is having with the servers. Is this real life?? Dude, its a game. Go on and play another game until it gets fixed. If Halo is life to you then you have problems. I’m sure 343i is doing everything they can to fix this as fast as they can.

> 2533274969521964;2:
> I’m sure 343i is doing everything they can to fix this as fast as they can.

Tell that to the Master Chief Collection…

"We all have our own opinions on this issue 343i is having with the servers. Is this real life?? Dude, its a game. Go on and play another game until it gets fixed. "

Halo is the only game I want to play. “Go play another game” is not a valid excuse for awful servers/customer service.

The @Halo account hasn’t tweeted in 4 days, if you want a good laugh (or cry) read their mentions. People are sick of it, this isn’t the first time. We deserve better.

> 2533274801176260;3:
> > 2533274969521964;2:
> > I’m sure 343i is doing everything they can to fix this as fast as they can.
>
>
> Tell that to the Master Chief Collection…

oh man that was good. that comment made me laugh. hahahaha it’s true with master chief collection. I also agree not to get carried away with it, play another game. by doing that will hurt 343i fan base and it will “maybe” get them to work faster. what can you do. its on 343i

Part of the issue with servers is the rush of noobs that just got the game, having ppl on xmas break with lots of time to play, along with the number of ppl playing in general all adds up to server issues. After the disaster with mcc, one would have thought they would have planned ahead to make sure issues wouldn’t come up over the holidays.

Whether it’s lack of planning or simply overloaded beyond what they expected, having some answers to the issue would be nice.

I mean I think part of the reason for the silence is that people are having vastly different experiences with the servers/bugs. Before last night’s widely reported server issues for pretty much everyone, I very rarely had a connection problem and hadn’t experienced the Reqless Warzone game thing. It is really hard to tell how big the problem is because lots of folks have apparently been playing just fine since launch.

> 2533274832697531;1:
> I’ve played Halo since I was a kid on H1. I survived the MCC debacle, where many of my friends swore off Halo for life. The amount of issues in this game are inexcusable. I’ve been having constant server issues since the Silent Cartographer update. Yesterday I begged an old Halo friend to try H5, he gets on, we can’t connect to H5 servers. Can’t connect to each other, can’t find games, etc. He’s done. What a great impression. This is the Halo we now know. It’s sad.
>
> How do you just put out a game that DOESN’T WORK for days, and not say anything? Why do we have to beg Bravo and others for answers? When something is up, the @Halo account needs to be doing damage control. We need ETAs on this stuff, communicate with us. I’ve played multiple games of Warzone where I can’t use my REQs at all, I’ve spawned outside of the map unable to move, this stuff can’t happen. The new map Overgrowth (which is possibly the worst TS map I’ve ever played), people are getting outside of and cheating the entire game. Oh, and you can’t quit or you’ll get in trouble. Even worse, these servers are kicking people off constantly, and then BANNING people for quitting. Is this real life?
>
> Hundreds of armor/emblems/req packs we don’t care about, what happened to just making sure games worked? I don’t need a 5th helmet of the same model I’ll never use, I need to quickly connect to my buddy and find a game. People are losing DAYS of progress in Forge due to bugs. Where does it stop?
>
> We deserve better.

The integration of reqs into this game is the issue. Its progression on the surface but revenue source through and through.

Garbage.

Do people really forget that every single year xbox live has problems around Christmas? After this holiday season is over and after New Year, H5 should be back to running really well again as it did before the Christmas break.

> 2787272447958470;9:
> Do people really forget that every single year xbox live has problems around Christmas? After this holiday season is over and after New Year, H5 should be back to running really well again as it did before the Christmas break.

Thats even worse then… The problems are predictable and still occur?

We deserve better.

I wholeheartely agree. Never been able to play any other games apart from the halo series. Never had issues as bad as this. Never have I ever seen customers be ignored for this long with any company ive dealt with.

> 2533274855279867;10:
> > 2787272447958470;9:
> > Do people really forget that every single year xbox live has problems around Christmas? After this holiday season is over and after New Year, H5 should be back to running really well again as it did before the Christmas break.
>
>
> Thats even worse then… The problems are predictable and still occur?

Yup. I am in no way defending it, just letting those know that are not aware this happens every year.

This year 2015 Christmas holiday honestly was fairly smooth compared to all the other years. Last year most don’t know but Lizard Squad completely shut down xbox live AND PSN for most of the day. So be thankful that didn’t happen again. So clear they did prepare or it would have been much worse. 2014 Christmas sucked bad for live and PSN.

With that said, I am guessing by next Monday the 4th, things should be running really well for live and H5.

> 2787272447958470;12:
> > 2533274855279867;10:
> > > 2787272447958470;9:
> > > Do people really forget that every single year xbox live has problems around Christmas? After this holiday season is over and after New Year, H5 should be back to running really well again as it did before the Christmas break.
> >
> >
> > Thats even worse then… The problems are predictable and still occur?
>
>
> Yup. I am in no way defending it, just letting those know that are not aware this happens every year.
>
> This year 2015 Christmas holiday honestly was fairly smooth compared to all the other years. Last year most don’t know but Lizard Squad completely shut down xbox live AND PSN for most of the day. So be thankful that didn’t happen again. So clear they did prepare or it would have been much worse. 2014 Christmas sucked bad for live and PSN.
>
> With that said, I am guessing by next Monday the 4th, things should be running really well for live and H5.

I didnt notice anything last year or this year. Christmas day is usually too busy for games.

But if things were smoother, good on ya 343!

Didn’t even read. But I’ll quote:

> We Deserve Better.

YEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPP but what are you gonna do huh? Corporate America selling -Yoink- in the place of gold, and here we are, buying it all.

Remember guys, 343 is the half–Yoink- developer who built this for you, but Microsoft is the corporate man trying to skid this junk by as cheap as possible.

> 2533274969521964;2:
> > 2533274832697531;1:
> > I’ve played Halo since I was a kid on H1. I survived the MCC debacle, where many of my friends swore off Halo for life. The amount of issues in this game are inexcusable. I’ve been having constant server issues since the Silent Cartographer update. Yesterday I begged an old Halo friend to try H5, he gets on, we can’t connect to H5 servers. Can’t connect to each other, can’t find games, etc. He’s done. What a great impression. This is the Halo we now know. It’s sad.
> >
> > How do you just put out a game that DOESN’T WORK for days, and not say anything? Why do we have to beg Bravo and others for answers? When something is up, the @Halo account needs to be doing damage control. We need ETAs on this stuff, communicate with us. I’ve played multiple games of Warzone where I can’t use my REQs at all, I’ve spawned outside of the map unable to move, this stuff can’t happen. The new map Overgrowth (which is possibly the worst TS map I’ve ever played), people are getting outside of and cheating the entire game. Oh, and you can’t quit or you’ll get in trouble. Even worse, these servers are kicking people off constantly, and then BANNING people for quitting. Is this real life?
> >
> > Hundreds of armor/emblems/req packs we don’t care about, what happened to just making sure games worked? I don’t need a 5th helmet of the same model I’ll never use, I need to quickly connect to my buddy and find a game. People are losing DAYS of progress in Forge due to bugs. Where does it stop?
> >
> > We deserve better.
>
>
> I agree with the communicating part. 343i needs to give us updates when issues happen. But all that other stuff you said, I don’t agree with you on. We all have our own opinions on this issue 343i is having with the servers. Is this real life?? Dude, its a game. Go on and play another game until it gets fixed. If Halo is life to you then you have problems. I’m sure 343i is doing everything they can to fix this as fast as they can.

And I disagree with you on this. In general - any consumer of a product deserves the best quality possible. If not - give me the option to buy halo for 30 dollars, that’s what it’s worth to me at this point, certainly not 60.

He purchased the game - a product or service - and it doesn’t work. In todays game market - it seems like half the market is online dependent. If someone buys a game and the online portion doesn’t work - they are not getting the product they purchased. This is arguably the #1 feature of the game. 343 needs to be held responsible. Sure, there needs to be patience for it to be fixed, but 343 needs to communicate they are fixing their issues too. But it is holiday time frame.

Anyway - I will be interested to test if this is fixed now that it supposedly is.

> 2533274969521964;2:
> > 2533274832697531;1:
> > I’ve played Halo since I was a kid on H1. I survived the MCC debacle, where many of my friends swore off Halo for life. The amount of issues in this game are inexcusable. I’ve been having constant server issues since the Silent Cartographer update. Yesterday I begged an old Halo friend to try H5, he gets on, we can’t connect to H5 servers. Can’t connect to each other, can’t find games, etc. He’s done. What a great impression. This is the Halo we now know. It’s sad.
> >
> > How do you just put out a game that DOESN’T WORK for days, and not say anything? Why do we have to beg Bravo and others for answers? When something is up, the @Halo account needs to be doing damage control. We need ETAs on this stuff, communicate with us. I’ve played multiple games of Warzone where I can’t use my REQs at all, I’ve spawned outside of the map unable to move, this stuff can’t happen. The new map Overgrowth (which is possibly the worst TS map I’ve ever played), people are getting outside of and cheating the entire game. Oh, and you can’t quit or you’ll get in trouble. Even worse, these servers are kicking people off constantly, and then BANNING people for quitting. Is this real life?
> >
> > Hundreds of armor/emblems/req packs we don’t care about, what happened to just making sure games worked? I don’t need a 5th helmet of the same model I’ll never use, I need to quickly connect to my buddy and find a game. People are losing DAYS of progress in Forge due to bugs. Where does it stop?
> >
> > We deserve better.
>
>
> I agree with the communicating part. 343i needs to give us updates when issues happen. But all that other stuff you said, I don’t agree with you on. We all have our own opinions on this issue 343i is having with the servers. Is this real life?? Dude, its a game. Go on and play another game until it gets fixed. If Halo is life to you then you have problems. I’m sure 343i is doing everything they can to fix this as fast as they can.

He bought the game because he wanted to play it… We want to buy a product and enjoy it… Happened the same to me, I bought it, got hooked into it, but now I can’t even finish the campaign because the game crashes to the dashboard during the same mission over and over (yeah I already reinstalled it)… Same problem with this region lock… I can’t play with my friends because they are far away, and I can only find matches for two modes during day time (Warzone and Arena)… And at least once every 3~ matches I get kicked out of it (it’s not my connection, I never had a problem with Destiny,Titanfall or SMITE)… This is the first time on my entire life I bought a game and I can’t play it… Sorry about this huge block of text… And the rant… But it sucks lol… If I wanted to play something else I would not have bought this game in the first place.

> 2533274855279867;13:
> > 2787272447958470;12:
> > > 2533274855279867;10:
> > > > 2787272447958470;9:
> > > > Do people really forget that every single year xbox live has problems around Christmas? After this holiday season is over and after New Year, H5 should be back to running really well again as it did before the Christmas break.
> > >
> > >
> > > Thats even worse then… The problems are predictable and still occur?
> >
> >
> > Yup. I am in no way defending it, just letting those know that are not aware this happens every year.
> >
> > This year 2015 Christmas holiday honestly was fairly smooth compared to all the other years. Last year most don’t know but Lizard Squad completely shut down xbox live AND PSN for most of the day. So be thankful that didn’t happen again. So clear they did prepare or it would have been much worse. 2014 Christmas sucked bad for live and PSN.
> >
> > With that said, I am guessing by next Monday the 4th, things should be running really well for live and H5.
>
>
> I didnt notice anything last year or this year. Christmas day is usually too busy for games.
>
> But if things were smoother, good on ya 343!

Oh yeah you can even look it up. I am sure key words “Lizzard squad Christmas 2014” should provide a ton of results. In 2014 Live and PSN were both shut down 100% shut down for the majority of Christmas 2014. Live came back on later that day, PSN was down for several days. This year was a HUGE improvement over 2014 by a longshot.

Yeah, I had a really odd experience I’ve never had in a Halo game last night. Played some Warzone and after the match I wanted to back out to play some FFA or whatever. Game would not let me and actually kept me in the Warzone matchmaking while a new game was setting up despite me trying to back out. I also wanted to play Warzone Assault, selected Warzone Assault and instead got booted into Warzone proper. Maybe those were bugs or server issues, I don’t know.

We don’t DESERVE anything. The $60 you spent on Halo 5 doesn’t guarantee you anything other than owning a copy of it. I’ve seen somethings about server issues going on today, but for the most part the game plays/runs beautifully and if you don’t like it that’s your problem.

> 2556731038472681;19:
> We don’t DESERVE anything. The $60 you spent on Halo 5 doesn’t guarantee you anything other than owning a copy of it. I’ve seen somethings about server issues going on today, but for the most part the game plays/runs beautifully and if you don’t like it that’s your problem.

You realize being dismissive of improving the game and ignoring those with problems is only going to make a product worse, right? Publishers and devs dream about fans who chastise others with problems with their products and tell them to leave because that just means they’ll have less work to do to improve their game.