We carry up to 4 equipment at a time in campaign

> Beyond the undeniable fun of the Grappleshot, you can carry around another three pieces of equipment with their own unique roles and utility that you can quickly swap between at any time.

This is quoted straight out of the February Inside Infinite.

Why haven’t I really seen anyone else really mentioning this? We get to carry a total of 4 equipment around at any time from the way I read this. I think having a quick toggle between 4 equipment’s has a risk of very different feeling gameplay compared to other Halo titles… hopefully it still leaves a lot of room for classic play.

Another interpretation of this phrasing, is that the grapple shot is a permanent ability we always have, and we can pick up others for a total of 4 equipment pieces. That’s how I first interpreted it based off the wording at least.

I wonder if we’ll be able to carry multiple equipment items in MP too…

> 2614366390849210;1:
> I wonder if we’ll be able to carry multiple equipment items in MP too…

I hope this isn’t the case. It’d lead to players hogging all the equipment on a map.

I’m guessing it will be different in multiplayer. Probably more like the equipment in Halo 3. But it makes sense to be able to have multiple in the singleplayer sandbox. Gives you lots of options for how to handle situations, which would further enrich the open-ended gameplay they’re focusing on.

> 2614366390849210;1:
> > Beyond the undeniable fun of the Grappleshot, you can carry around another three pieces of equipment with their own unique roles and utility that you can quickly swap between at any time.
>
> This is quoted straight out of the February Inside Infinite.
>
> Why haven’t I really seen anyone else really mentioning this? We get to carry a total of 4 equipment around at any time from the way I read this. I think having a quick toggle between 4 equipment’s has a risk of very different feeling gameplay compared to other Halo titles… hopefully it still leaves a lot of room for classic play.
>
> Another interpretation of this phrasing, is that the grapple shot is a permanent ability we always have, and we can pick up others for a total of 4 equipment pieces. That’s how I first interpreted it based off the wording at least.
>

4 equipment it’s hard to see for an Halo Games maybe like the og of Halo 3/ Halo 4 but you have a multiple choise for what you take

i hope multiplayer has a two item limit (where every equipment has two uses that take up both slots, or you can mix and match at half equipment charge). four equipments in multiplayer would make the game to much based on gimicky equipment (higher amount of equipment on map ), lead to one player being able to hog all map equipment (low amounts of equipment on map), or leading toextreme unpredicatable unfairness (medium amount of equipment, some have very much while others have little. but less accountable for than grenades). or it would mean eqipment is nerved to nothing in multiplayer.
In campaign it could be fine, although i don’t realy like such a wide difference in gameplay between both.

halo online in its russian beta form seemed to have four equipment slots. Halo infinite, having sprint too, does possibly take a lot of inspiration from it.

Halo online Trailer (from 0:17 onwards one can see the four equipment slots)

having four equipment makes me curious about controller button mapping.

> 2614366390849210;1:
> > Beyond the undeniable fun of the Grappleshot, you can carry around another three pieces of equipment with their own unique roles and utility that you can quickly swap between at any time.
>
>
> Why haven’t I really seen anyone else really mentioning this? We get to carry a total of 4 equipment around at any time from the way I read this. I think having a quick toggle between 4 equipment’s has a risk of very different feeling gameplay compared to other Halo titles… hopefully it still leaves a lot of room for classic play.
>
> Another interpretation of this phrasing, is that the grapple shot is a permanent ability we always have, and we can pick up others for a total of 4 equipment pieces. That’s how I first interpreted it based off the wording at least.
>

In terms of MP: the fact that it’s going to be map pick-up means that equipment hogging ia extremely unlikely. I fully expect there’ll be a limit there (even assuming there’s more than two bits of equipment on a map).

Within campaign, the HUD shots we’ve seen so far only show one spot on the UI for equipment, so I reckon it’ll be something along the lines of one button for use and either a hold/double tap of the same button to switch or a D-pad direction to cycle.

The grapple shot is definitely not permanent but I think it may be the first unlocked

Possibly an armor enhancement like when we saw the armor upgrades tab
it could be like, “Extra equipment storage” or something along those lines

> 2614366390849210;1:
>
>
>
>

I have talked about this before, we really need more details about how this is going to work but I think we will be able to switch between equipment as easily as selecting grenades has been in the past. It is impossible to say how the equipment will work in multiplayer at this point as there hasn’t been any significant information about the multiplayer part of the game made available yet.

they already said equipment are pickups in multiplayer it sounds like they are having different balance between campaign and multiplayer which im fine with we just dont know enough with the open ended nature and could allow more opportunities to approach situations which sounds like it can be pretty fun

I hope this means we’re still going to have the H5 thruster boost as our default ability in MP, and then we can pick up one other equipment.

I also hope MP maxes equipment you can carry at 2 in that case. If we don’t start with any default equipment, then I hope we can only carry one at max.

I guess that’s all based off knowing what we know now. Maybe a lot of the equipment will only be flavor and not really very powerful.