We cannot invite new Users to Halo Waypoint :(

Once you reach Member trust level you can invite people to Halo Waypoint. However creating the link & clicking on it shows "“New Account registrations are not allowed at this time”

Is this a known bug? Does anyone know a work around? I’d like to collect all the badges that I can, and I need to invite 5 Members, so it’d be a great help!

1 Like

Perhaps @snickerdoodle or @stckrboy have some info about this?

1 Like

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Looking into it I think it could be related to one of or both of 2 things - invites appear to be currently tied to user level, you may need to reach the next user level in order to unlock that ability. There was a bug related to invites and user approval. It was fixed by Discourse at the start of this month, that fix likely hasn’t been pushed out to Waypoint yet. I’m not sure on the cadence of forum updates the Waypoint team have so it could be a little bit before that update gets pushed (testing / QA would need to be done first)

2 Likes

I just reached Member trust level, so that’s not an issue. I’ll wait for the update then, I appreciate the response! :slight_smile:

Also… whilst I have you here. How do we react to posts? It’s a badge to do so, only 2 people have it- you’re one! I suspect it’s also Trust level based, but perhaps not?

1 Like

If I recall correctly, reacting to a post is done by clicking on the heart icon below the post.

It’s not the same as liking a post. Both users got it in October, so perhaps it was a test thing that’s not released to everyone yet.

Btw congrats on being the first non-Mod Regular! The Private group chat must be lonely, though :’)

1 Like

My guess is that many of these abilities has been turned off by the forum admin for all none admin users. This includes the ability the ability to post links, start private message conversations, post screenshot and many other similar things to that.

1 Like

Hoping that changes! I’d also like to follow certain users, but we can’t as of now. Sad.

1 Like