We CAN figure out the remake with these clues

As most everyone knows by now, there’s a remake coming in Halo 4. We’ve gotten a number of clues about it, unfortunately these clues have been misinterpreted.

First of all, this clue states that the map has to do with the restaurant called “La Carta De Oaxaca”. Many have translated this into “The map/letter of Oaxaca”, I am here to tell you that this is wrong. “Carta” can also mean “menu”, and does meant this in the context of the restaurant. The restaurant name is supposed to translate to “The menu of Oaxaca”, hence the fact that they serve food from Oaxaca.

Second, this clue states that it has nothing to do with Mexico in case you didn’t know that already. This means that the clues directly tie to the restaurant.

Third, this clue is a subtle one, and one that hasn’t really been pointed out by many people. But this subtle clue can tell us a lot. It not only tells us that the remake has been mentioned a number of times, hence the “MOST DEFINITELY”, but also tells us that the thought process of the majority of those trying to figure out the clue is also wrong.

And finally, just in case anyone doesn’t know, this clue tells us that is is a large map, and this Frankie told us that it is outdoors in the SDCC Q&A Bulletin.

Please no sandtrap, please no sandtrap, please no sandtrap. God please no.

I’ve accepted it won’t be Infinity, so now I’m on the side of people wanting Terminal.

Cmon Terminal.

We’re already pretty sure it’s Sandtrap from Halo 3

It just seems like it will be Sandtrap, but maybe not.

> We’re already pretty sure it’s Sandtrap from Halo 3

No, you are. Many of us are still skeptical.

We already have so many topics on this…

And no, you can’t figure it out based on the clues. They are meant to be vague to get people talking and speculating. They don’t make them obvious or detailed enough to actually figure it out without a shadow of a doubt.

The clues can lead to several maps if you want to take the time to make the connections.

Sandtrap sucks in a lot of people’s minds, so I doubt that fits under the “will cause the least amount of drama” department.

If it’s Sandtrap, I’ll be happy, but it doesn’t really make sense to remake a map that’s already on the 360…

Didn’t really like Sandtrap. Good map, but the colors were nyeeeeh…

I mean, if they made it less deserty I’d be fine with it.

Am I the only one who wants a Spire-esque map?

> We already have so many topics on this…
>
> And no, you can’t figure it out based on the clues. They are meant to be vague to get people talking and speculating. They don’t make them obvious or detailed enough to actually figure it out without a shadow of a doubt.
>
> The clues can lead to several maps if you want to take the time to make the connections.
>
> Sandtrap sucks in a lot of people’s minds, so I doubt that fits under the “will cause the least amount of drama” department.

Yes, we can. We simply need to gain the right mindset. The clues above narrow it down to a few maps pretty easlily, we just need to narrow it down even more.

Here’s the list that I’ve come up with:
-Relic
-Terminal
-Death Island
-Longbow
-Sandtrap

As Frank said, “I had to explain the clue to someone here who actually knows what map it is. They totally got it once the explanation was in place, but they went in the same wrong direction most people did.”

> > We’re already pretty sure it’s Sandtrap from Halo 3
>
> No, you are. Many of us are still skeptical.

*sigh Its 4am here so I can’t be bothered with this potential quibble. It’s not just me, a large amount of the waypoint users believe it is Sandtrap, and you know it, you’re just upset because you have seen somebody claim the majorities opinion, and because to don’t agree you try to tell me that I alone am the only one who thinks this?, you are more wrong than me here.
P.s - I’m going now so a reply is a waste of time, I won’t read it cause I’m nearly falling asleep here :frowning:

> > > We’re already pretty sure it’s Sandtrap from Halo 3
> >
> > No, you are. Many of us are still skeptical.
>
> *sigh Its 4am here so I can’t be bothered with this potential quibble. It’s not just me, a large amount of the waypoint users believe it is Sandtrap, and you know it, you’re just upset because you have seen somebody claim the majorities opinion, and because to don’t agree you try to tell me that I alone am the only one who thinks this?, you are more wrong than me here.
> P.s - I’m going now so a reply is a waste of time, I won’t read it cause I’m nearly falling asleep here :frowning:

I’m not saying many don’t believe that it is indeed Sandtrap, but I am saying that many believe that it is not. So far I’ve seen an equal amount of people that think either thing.

So…uh…it may be a longshot, but has anyone else considered “District” from Halo 2 as a rather high possibility?

For the reasoning behind this; “La Carta De Oaxaca” is located in the Ballard Historic District in Seattle, WA. Coincidentally, “District” from Halo 2 is located in Old Mombasa, the Historic District of New Mombasa located on the outskirts, much akin to “La Carta De Oaxaca” in Seattle.

Anyone else? :slight_smile:

> > We already have so many topics on this…
> >
> > And no, you can’t figure it out based on the clues. They are meant to be vague to get people talking and speculating. They don’t make them obvious or detailed enough to actually figure it out without a shadow of a doubt.
> >
> > The clues can lead to several maps if you want to take the time to make the connections.
> >
> > Sandtrap sucks in a lot of people’s minds, so I doubt that fits under the “will cause the least amount of drama” department.
>
> Yes, we can. We simply need to gain the right mindset. The clues above narrow it down to a few maps pretty easlily, we just need to narrow it down even more.
>
> Here’s the list that I’ve come up with:
> -Relic
> -Terminal
> -Death Island
> -Longbow
> -Sandtrap
>
> As Frank said, “I had to explain the clue to someone here who actually knows what map it is. They totally got it once the explanation was in place, but they went in the same wrong direction most people did.”

Anything can be “gotten” once it’s all explained. Watch a mystery movie and there’s going to be clues in front of your face, but it’s still ridiculously hard to figure it out until they show you and then you “get it”. Besides, we can spend hours upon hours and in the end, it will never be a concrete answer. Hell, Frankie said he had to explain the clues to someone who already knew what the amp was. That just speaks to how difficult and cryptic the clues are, that even someone who already knew the answer didn’t see the connection until Frankie explained why they connected. So yeah…good luck.

Also, another issue is the fact that not everyone agrees on what the clues rule out. Someone says “it’s outdoors so that means Waterworks is out”, but that’s not true in my opinion. I think of Waterworks as “outdoors”, so I wouldn’t rule it out. We also don’t know how the remake differs from the original map. You take Sidewinder and Avalanche, both essentially the same setup, but Avalanche features some stuff not featured in Sidewinder, so the new map could be outdoors but the original map may have been more indoors. Who knows. The clues are not meant to be figured out with any sort of logical ease. And nothing will be guarenteed as I said before. Even if you figure it out, you won’t be able to prove it without a shadow of a doubt.

As Frankie said, even with all the clues, it all still can come down to a couple different map possibilities. The Halo maps aren’t all extremely unique, so it’s just too open to narrow it down to 1.

The outline of the map of Oaxaca reminds me of Relic. I spent a lot of time trying to sneak around the outside of this map and it is very reminiscent. Also with the CTF info coming out about the same time as his first clue and Relic being a designed objective map I tend to think it is Relic. Also since it is coming straight from 343 that the “common” train of thought is wrong , I am sure it is not Sandtrap since that seems to be the common concensus.I really doubt it is a Halo 3 map since all of them are easily playable on the 360 , online. Not criticizing any ones’ opinion , just that I doubt it.

> > > We already have so many topics on this…
> > >
> > > And no, you can’t figure it out based on the clues. They are meant to be vague to get people talking and speculating. They don’t make them obvious or detailed enough to actually figure it out without a shadow of a doubt.
> > >
> > > The clues can lead to several maps if you want to take the time to make the connections.
> > >
> > > Sandtrap sucks in a lot of people’s minds, so I doubt that fits under the “will cause the least amount of drama” department.
> >
> > Yes, we can. We simply need to gain the right mindset. The clues above narrow it down to a few maps pretty easlily, we just need to narrow it down even more.
> >
> > Here’s the list that I’ve come up with:
> > -Relic
> > -Terminal
> > -Death Island
> > -Longbow
> > -Sandtrap
> >
> > As Frank said, “I had to explain the clue to someone here who actually knows what map it is. They totally got it once the explanation was in place, but they went in the same wrong direction most people did.”
>
> Anything can be “gotten” once it’s all explained. Watch a mystery movie and there’s going to be clues in front of your face, but it’s still ridiculously hard to figure it out until they show you and then you “get it”. Besides, we can spend hours upon hours and in the end, it will never be a concrete answer. Hell, Frankie said he had to explain the clues to someone who already knew what the amp was. That just speaks to how difficult and cryptic the clues are, that even someone who already knew the answer didn’t see the connection until Frankie explained why they connected. So yeah…good luck.
>
> Also, another issue is the fact that not everyone agrees on what the clues rule out. Someone says “it’s outdoors so that means Waterworks is out”, but that’s not true in my opinion. I think of Waterworks as “outdoors”, so I wouldn’t rule it out. We also don’t know how the remake differs from the original map. You take Sidewinder and Avalanche, both essentially the same setup, but Avalanche features some stuff not featured in Sidewinder, so the new map could be outdoors but the original map may have been more indoors. Who knows. The clues are not meant to be figured out with any sort of logical ease. And nothing will be guarenteed as I said before. Even if you figure it out, you won’t be able to prove it without a shadow of a doubt.
>
> As Frankie said, even with all the clues, it all still can come down to a couple different map possibilities. The Halo maps aren’t all extremely unique, so it’s just too open to narrow it down to 1.

You’re missing the point in my post. My point was that once you see the connection then it becomes instantly clear. One person that knew the map simply saw the clue and was confused, he most likely did not look around to see if there were any connections.

> So…uh…it may be a longshot, but has anyone else considered “District” from Halo 2 as a rather high possibility?
>
>
> For the reasoning behind this; “La Carta De Oaxaca” is located in the Ballard Historic District in Seattle, WA. Coincidentally, “District” from Halo 2 is located in Old Mombasa, the Historic District of New Mombasa located on the outskirts, much akin to “La Carta De Oaxaca” in Seattle.
>
>
> Anyone else? :slight_smile:

I did not know that, I saw District is definitely a possibility, I’ve seen it suggested as the remake a few times as well.

Hopefully it is sandtrap, that place was awesome.

> If it’s Sandtrap, I’ll be happy, but it doesn’t really make sense to remake a map that’s already on the 360…

They could have remade it to show off the mammoths.

> So…uh…it may be a longshot, but has anyone else considered “District” from Halo 2 as a rather high possibility?
>
>
> For the reasoning behind this; “La Carta De Oaxaca” is located in the Ballard Historic District in Seattle, WA. Coincidentally, “District” from Halo 2 is located in Old Mombasa, the Historic District of New Mombasa located on the outskirts, much akin to “La Carta De Oaxaca” in Seattle.
>
>
> Anyone else? :slight_smile:

Liked that map.

District in a Forerunner city. Just imagine…

I think it is infinty.