We asked for MK.V and ODST (halo 4) instead we got

Am I the only one who thinks its a bit dumb that people we’re hoping that the mk V and ODST armour would appear with the Halo 4 update but instead we got armour for halo 3 that we didn’t ask for (and looks like it does not belongs with halo 3 at all)
Does anyone know if there are any plans to add the mk V and ODST armour to halo 4?

> 2533274833638123;1:
> Am I the only one who thinks its a bit dumb that people we’re hoping that the mk V and ODST armour would appear with the Halo 4 update but instead we got armour for halo 3 that we didn’t ask for (and looks like it does not belongs with halo 3 at all)
> Does anyone know if there are any plans to add the mk V and ODST armour to halo 4?

Until they say something there is no way of us knowing.
Things come in time, 343i aren’t purposely ignoring what people in the community are asking for. It’s likely these new Halo 3 armours from Halo Online were already on the roadmap to come to MCC.

Its all patience, things will be added in over time.

On the bright side, we did get the long lost GRD helmet alongside another helmet and a chestpiece. And unlike the “new” Halo 3 armour, these don’t actually look extremely out of place in Reach. It is just a shame we won’t be able to use them in the campaign, but then again, maybe it is for the best. Somehow I don’t think Noble Team would be impressed if their new Noble 6 were to walk in with a Mister Chief drawing on his helmet…

I’m all for ripping on 343, but this isn’t really fair. I remember those armors being buggy in OG H4. I can only imagine what it must be like trying to get them to work in MCC. The whole game is held together with tape and glue.

It’s not as easy as pressing a button and putting them in. Same goes for people who think they should have put the new armor into h2a or 4. It’s not that simple. They were made for the h3 engine.

At least they got the new Reach armor. I’m sure the H4 stuff isn’t far behind.

> 2533274833638123;1:
> Am I the only one who thinks its a bit dumb that people we’re hoping that the mk V and ODST armour would appear with the Halo 4 update but instead we got armour for halo 3 that we didn’t ask for (and looks like it does not belongs with halo 3 at all)
> Does anyone know if there are any plans to add the mk V and ODST armour to halo 4?

I assume that stuffs due season 5 and the stuff we see right now is just some teases and also to lessen the file size of Season 5. But that’s next year probably mid Jan.

Now its the holiday season and everyone needs a rest. Besides im sure they’re at least keeping an eye on player feedback and thoughts, they do listen though not always act on it.

Cant say Im too bothered right now, the option to not use the new content is always an option.

Happy Holidays.

They’re probably trying to get the DLC armor to work in Spartan Ops, as any piece turned into Recruit. I am glad the RG-63 Counter legs with the Forest skin work on females now. It didn’t used to.

> 2535406260637191;3:
> It is just a shame we won’t be able to use them in the campaign, but then again, maybe it is for the best.

What does this mean? Why would you not be able to use the armor in the campaign?

> 2533275019357130;7:
> > 2535406260637191;3:
> > It is just a shame we won’t be able to use them in the campaign, but then again, maybe it is for the best.
>
> What does this mean? Why would you not be able to use the armor in the campaign?

He’s pulling that out of his -Yoink-, there’s been nothing said about the armour’s use in campaign.

> 2533274892901745;8:
> > 2533275019357130;7:
> > > 2535406260637191;3:
> > > It is just a shame we won’t be able to use them in the campaign, but then again, maybe it is for the best.
> >
> > What does this mean? Why would you not be able to use the armor in the campaign?
>
> He’s pulling that out of his -Yoink-, there’s been nothing said about the armour’s use in campaign.

I suspected this, but I also thought that I may have missed something. Thank you.

We still have five more seasons so anything is possible.

Its probably lower on their list to release Halo 4 stuff. Halo 3 is basically their bread and butter when it comes to multiplayer, with Reach being a close second. It only makes sense they try to cater to that before hitting on the less popular things. Still, I REALLY want some Mk V for Halo 4. Hopefully they also add black techsuits to Halo 4 while they’re at it.

There are 5 more planned seasons. The Halo 4 DLC armor is likely to appear sooner or later. Just gotta have patience. Trust me, I’ve been waiting on that Mk.V for a while.

> 2533274892901745;8:
> > 2533275019357130;7:
> > > 2535406260637191;3:
> > > It is just a shame we won’t be able to use them in the campaign, but then again, maybe it is for the best.
> >
> > What does this mean? Why would you not be able to use the armor in the campaign?
>
> He’s pulling that out of his -Yoink-, there’s been nothing said about the armour’s use in campaign.

Someone else might have alluded to that, or it is just me misunderstanding what was said. As usual. I probably should have tried to verify the ‘information’ before repeating it, but it made sense to me, seeing as how the armours apparently require their files to be in all of the maps in order for them to show up, or something like that. Well, since the newly added Halo Reach armours were not available anywhere before and, in the case of the GRD helmet, only appeared in one old multiplayer image, I didn’t think their files would be in campaign, and therefore it didn’t make sense to me that 343 would go and add the files to the entire campaign alongside whatever else needed to make them work. I’m under the impression that it would result in too much space being taken up, But I don’t know anything about coding and game development and such, so if you wish to enlighten me, it would be helpful.

Oh, and I don’t pull things out of…whatever you wrote. I made a mistake, as all humans do, and in this case I’ll be happy if I’m proven wrong, as it would truly be a shame not to be able to use the new Reach items in campaign. Please, save your coarse expressions for those of likeminded tongues.

> 2533274833638123;1:
> Am I the only one who thinks its a bit dumb that people we’re hoping that the mk V and ODST armour would appear with the Halo 4 update but instead we got armour for halo 3 that we didn’t ask for (and looks like it does not belongs with halo 3 at all)
> Does anyone know if there are any plans to add the mk V and ODST armour to halo 4?

I say give it some more time, I think 343i is far from releasing all of the content they are planning for =)

> 2533274874817568;11:
> Its probably lower on their list to release Halo 4 stuff. Halo 3 is basically their bread and butter when it comes to multiplayer, with Reach being a close second. It only makes sense they try to cater to that before hitting on the less popular things. Still, I REALLY want some Mk V for Halo 4. Hopefully they also add black techsuits to Halo 4 while they’re at it.

The problem with this sentiment is Halo 3 was Bungie pinnacle, not 343i’s. People play Halo 3 and Reach to experience these games again with improved performance and resolution, not for features and visuals to be completely removed/replaced (like the lack of armor customization for years). The paint jobs that could easily be switched off were fine, but the out of place armor is not.
As much as I hate Call of Halo 4, that game definitely needed more attention than Halo 3 is getting at the moment (customizable undersuits would absolutely be appropriate there.).

For me, I like the aspect of bringing in these new armors and freshening the experience for people to have the incentive to earn those armors they like in the season. However, they should’ve kept the old Gen 1 under suit and they should have a toggle for the people that don’t like these new changes happy. (Yet funny enough these same people that want the original feel or prefer the original feel complain about this but have skins turned on, notice the hypocrisy and entitlement?)

Now the armors themselves are ugly, they look like something out of Mass Effect, Doom or even Star Citizen just Halosh. I agree they should add the DLC armors for Halo 4 that would be dope. And I think they are talking about a toggle for the armor, but at the same time here’s another pointer.

My memories with Halo 3 back in 2009 when I got my 360 and XBL, back then wasn’t through the armor customization. (though earning that armor felt great) It was through the biggest thing the GAMEPLAY and features Halo 3 had to offer from a 2007 game. That’s what I remember from Halo 3 and hence why I still play it. I agree there should be a toggle, but at the sametime I think people are taking this WAY too far. I mean didn’t the weekend of Elderito have these new Halo Online armors? I don’t remember seeing people complaining about that back then. (Sorry I don’t remember much.)

Things made for the games by legitimately commissioned devs is cool, I like the addition of the Reach & H4 stuff. But H3 armors look so out of place.

Toggle is fine as long as new skeletons or player models or w.e don’t affect the feel of the game.

343i, if you don’t want to add a toggle, reconsider the new H3 armors. New armors forced into the game should match the style of everything around them. The new H3 stuff is waaay too busy