WCCN: Memorial Edition. Game and remember with us. - Completed

With the recent passing of a gaming friend in this Halo community and the guy that kicked off the Waypoint Community Carnage Night. I was thinking that we should do a WCCN this weekend as a way we can celebrate the time we had with Ninja Orca and to help keep his love for Halo alive in this community of great people.

I’ve asked bs angel if we could do a WCCN soon to honor him and she said okay.

July 15, 2011, Friday from 5PM-7PM Pacific (8-10PMEST/7-9PMCST) (also, I am flexible with the timeframe for a couple of minutes-so if we need to start a little later, we can. Timezones for those who need to look up a time.) we will get together and play a few custom matches. We can play anything, but we have to play two certain maps at least: Vanilla and Perception (those are the two maps that we always seemed to start out on in the past WCCNs). Everything else is fair game to play.

Anyone can be a part of this upcoming WCCN. New member or someone that has been here a while, you all are welcome to join in and have some fun with us. So now we need some maps and gametypes to play.

Besides the aforementioned, I would like some Race (Which I am sure some people will step up with some great tracks), some Infection (please, no 20 minute rounds), of course we will have slayer, objective and whatnot. If anybody would like to suggest some maps, I can download them and see if we will use them or not. Please suggest something that you think everybody will enjoy.

Some quick and easy guidelines for these Waypoint Community Carnage Nights:
1. Have a mic. We all talk during these. You should too.
2. Play nice.
3. Have fun.
4. No party chat.
5. Brace for carnage.

If you wish to join in, just leave some sort of acknowledgement here in the thread or when Friday comes, send me a message over XBL - aVeryEasyTarget (please, no friend requests) and I will send you an invite. If you don’t get an invite, it might be because the lobby filled up. But no worries, I’m sure if enough people wish to join in on this, we can run multiple lobbies.

So let’s throw some lead downrange, remember and have some fun.

Welcome back to the Waypoint Community Carnage Night!

maps: Vanilla (slayer or FFA objective), Perception (Team Slayer)

Claiming my spot right now. I am eager to participate.

Also, do the maps have to be community in nature? Or could I suggest something very vanilla, like Team Slayer on Powerhouse or something (out of curiosity)?

In any case, I’d really like to play a specific type of Infection. I played it a lot in Halo 3, but haven’t yet in Reach, so I don’t know how good to maps available are. The map is “The Vent” and the gametype is “Can You Survive”. Basically, there’s one Zombie who’s equipped with a Concussion Rifle and Gravity Hammer. He spawns at the top of a shaft with a bunch of junk. Meanwhile, the humans spawn IN the shaft and can’t escape. The Zombie has to use his implements to push the various items into the vent in an attempt to splatter the humans.

With a lot of people, this is a very fun gametype. If anything, we could go to Halo 3 to play it or something sometime. I have the map and gametype there. I also made my own versions in Reach (they’re in my File Share), but I haven’t been able to test them, so I don’t know how well the map works as far as debris goes. Maybe we could test that at some point?

> Claiming my spot right now. I am eager to participate.
>
> Also, do the maps have to be community in nature? Or could I suggest something very vanilla, like Team Slayer on Powerhouse or something (out of curiosity)?

We can do regular slayer stuff as well. I may like me some community-made stuff, but I do like having the regular slayer and whatnot as well. So we’ll end up playing some forged stuff and some regular maps. That way we can try to appease both the custom maps/gametype and the Matchmaking gamer camps.
Since it seems like you would like to play a MM game, what would you like?

I’ve updated my original reply in the time that you’ve replied, so check that out. As far as MM stuff goes, I’m not sure. I enjoy pretty much everything Reach has to offer; I simply despise community maps typically. I’ll play them, but it’s usually with “Wow, imagine how good this would look on Sandbox or Foundry” going through my head.

That infection gametype sounds intersting. Do you have it? Or a link to the map and gametype?
Vanilla is a fun symmetrical map. I wish it was in matchmaking - if it is, which playlist?
Perception is a map you experience instead of actually playing.

> That infection gametype sounds intersting. Do you have it? Or a link to the map and gametype?

Yes:

-Here is the version of the map I made myself. Like I said, I haven’t been able to test this except to try and splatter my second controller, so I’m not sure how well it works (because Reach’s physics are different from Halo 3’s, but I set it up with the latter in mind). Further, I wasn’t quite done with it yet, as evidenced by the Covenant fusion coil things I laid on the far side of the map. I was going to do something with them, but never got around to it.

-Here is the gametype to go with my map. The gametype more or less works exactly as in Halo 3 and doesn’t really need any testing, as the settings are almost identical.

Also, I forgot to note that there’s only one Zombie per round; once you’re “infected”, you’re a spectator until the last human is dead. I could upload the Halo 3 version to my File Share too if you want to check that out.

Sounds interesting. Get your map all finished and we can test it out next WCCN. :slight_smile: I’m hoping to be ale to pick up where Ninja Orca left off with these game times and try to do one at least every month/every other month.

> Sounds interesting. Get your map all finished and we can test it out next WCCN. :slight_smile: I’m hoping to be ale to pick up where Ninja Orca left off with these game times and try to do one at least every month/every other month.

It’s finished, it just needs some testing. And mainly just testing what objects work to drop in. For example, very few things will go flying the right way from Concussion Rifle shots, but there is still a relative abundance of things you can push down the vent. The key to the testing is to find out which objects work best in which spots, and which don’t work at all. You don’t want to put something that doesn’t respond well to Concussion Rifle shots all the way across from the Zombie. In my experience it was very fun to put the things that went flying in the very back, and the heavy things in the front - for use with the Gravity Hammer :smiley:

But yeah, all of the level geometry is finalized, the spawns work right, and the gametype is ready. It’s just object placement that needs to be worked on. I’ll do that tomorrow.

I may or may not be able to come, I know I have something planned on Saturday but I don’t know what my schedule is for friday just yet. How about you send me an invite on Friday, if I come I come, if I don’t then I don’t. OK?

Wish i could, but that times too late. 5 PM Pacific is 11:30 PM in Persia, if only you could make it 3 PM Pacific instead…

I will be there.

You know I’ll be there.

I’ll be there.

Awesome, il be on :slight_smile:

Enjoy it without me, I have to work from 4pm-9pm CST

Ω

Count me in.

> Enjoy it without me, I have to work from 4pm-9pm CST
>
> Ω

These rarely actually end @ the time given. Usually we are having lots of fun, so we go past that timeframe. If we are still on when you get home, you are welcome to join in. :slight_smile:

> > Enjoy it without me, I have to work from 4pm-9pm CST
> >
> > Ω
>
> These rarely actually end @ the time given. Usually we are having lots of fun, so we go past that timeframe. If we are still on when you get home, you are welcome to join in. :slight_smile:

If you guys are still playing some customs when I get back, I’d love to join

Ω

Some of us will still be playing afterwards. Some go as well, but you are welcome to join in. :slight_smile:

Ill try to make it.