Ways to counter Colony

So I got colony and I really like it. With Kisano I felt like I won easily but colony seems different. You can lose easily with this guy if your not careful. His most powerful units are slow. So if you see him while scouting, you have plenty of time to prepare and that was my downfall alot of times. The enemy would attack my base and I would have to try to go back to defend it but Goliaths are slow. So counter attacking bases seems like a good strategy. Also spamming anti infantry. Goliath are slow and have to get close and can easily be taken out by scorpions or flamethrowers. So counter infantry units seems to work. Also you can’t rush with Goliaths and if you do, it’s a risk. They are expensive and not really good at anything but buildings unless you attach skitterers to them. I would think the best way to take on colony is early game. You do not want to wait late game. Colony dominates then. I hate to say this but if you feel like colonies are dominating you alot, rush them with flamethrower and marines because colony is the king of late game. Just how I think colony should be countered.

YOU DARE PROMOTE RUSHING?!?!

Just kidding. I for one would spam skitterers and choppers if that’s your game. Some people don’t rely on infantry as much as others. I am extremely unimpressed with the goliaths, so will continue to not use it or the unit it replaces. Why would their anti-vehicle capabilities come only after tech level 3?

I am disappointed with the Goliaths too. I just got spanked by some level 12 or something trying a Goliath build. I just don’t know how to play him yet.

> 2716903703776124;3:
> I am disappointed with the Goliaths too. I just got spanked by some level 12 or something trying a Goliath build. I just don’t know how to play him yet.

You used snipers, didn’t you…?

> 2535471149170617;4:
> > 2716903703776124;3:
> > I am disappointed with the Goliaths too. I just got spanked by some level 12 or something trying a Goliath build. I just don’t know how to play him yet.
>
> You used snipers, didn’t you…?

When you notice they were infantry and not vehicles due to their massive

Facepalm

I’ve tried a few things. But every game turns out different… rush map control, especially bases is a first I would say. Try pumping marines out to keep them from getting another base. Then I guess eventually get to tech 2 and counter whatever they are making. It’s still really early for me to tbh… play the game? lol I just don’t know anymore! :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

> 2716903703776124;3:
> I am disappointed with the Goliaths too. I just got spanked by some level 12 or something trying a Goliath build. I just don’t know how to play him yet.

I have been messing around with Goliath with a bit and I found that if you attached to skitterers to them they almost have the health of a scorpion and they deal okay damage which is okay because it cost around 600 supplies and you can get it in the very beginning . I think they are great bullet sponges and can outlast other units. They are great at buying time. Have 3 of them with 2 skitterers on each on the front lines. They won’t push alot but they will stay there for a while, especially if eng. swarm them. So to sum it up, I use Goliath as bullet sponges and try to just outlast a enemy or buy time.