Waypoints

Why are there waypoints everywhere in this game? Waypoints on power weapons, waypoints on grenades, waypoints on flag carrier, waypoints over almost every enemies head in spartan ops. I know they tried to dumb this game down but did anyone here have a hard time finding grenade and weapon spawns in previous halos? It usually only took me like 2 games on a map to learn where the weapons spawn. I think all they waypoints are unnecessary.

> they tried to dumb this game down

You answered your own question.

> > they tried to dumb this game down
>
> You answered your own question.

I knew that but it seems totally unnecessary in this regard. I mean waypoints on grenades? Cmon.

And yet they took the waypoints of our teammates and dumbed them down so they’re no longer as useful.

Playing the older Halos when I see a teammate’s waypoint turn orange I run to help and if it’s yellow I go see what they’re shooting. I remember before the X update I was playing with a friend and when he said, “Those guys killed me, they’re over there” I didn’t have a clue where the hell “there” is and shortly afterwards got killed.

343 seems to not know what they’re doing and the effects their decisions have on the game.

> And yet they took the waypoints of our teammates and dumbed them down so they’re no longer as useful.
>
> Playing the older Halos when I see a teammate’s waypoint turn orange I run to help and if it’s yellow I go see what they’re shooting. I remember before the X update I was playing with a friend and when he said, “Those guys killed me, they’re over there” I didn’t have a clue where the hell “there” is and shortly afterwards got killed.
>
> 343 seems to not know what they’re doing and the effects their decisions have on the game.

I miss that too. Knowing if your teammates are in trouble or in a gun fight was very helpful. I would like to see that come back next game.