Waypoint Rewards

You guys remember the waypoint rewards we could unlock for the armory by getting achievements for the old games? This was a great way to tie in the old and make us rewarded for playing them. I think we sould bring it back but now with weapon unlocks with armor effects. Dont troll just read and understand none of this is to powerful

Halo 3
Vidmaster Challenge: Annual: This achievement unlocks you Flood in you. Which is a armor effect that when you die a single flood infector pops out… but sadly dead.

Vidmaster Challenge: Brainpan: This achievement gives you the skull shoulder pads and Skull face knee pads. And the Skull belt buckle chest plate.

Steppin’ Razor:Gives you the melee katana weapon. It takes 3 hits to kill some one but it never runs out of ammo

ODST
Vidmaster Challenge: Déjà Vu: Completing this gives you the Recon[S.R.]. This helmet allows you to not be seen on radar while you are crouched even while moving.

Vidmaster Challenge: Classic: This gives you The SMG Silenced Shift. This gun when fired wont make you appear on radar and has 2 fire modes that can be switched with the D-Pad. Burst (Like BR) And Auto-Fire (Like AR)

Halo Wars
N00b n0 M0r3: This Gives you The suicide pack that when you die you blow up.

Officer on Deck: Gives you a full set of Mark IV MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor

Halo reach
KEEP IT CLEAN:Gives you the moa skull necklace as a chest piece

Your Heresy Will Stay Your Feet and A Monument To All Your Sins: Gives you the Energy dagger which is like the katana but lunges

Anniversary
Beachhead: Gives you the space marine helmet

Never Tell Me the Odds and Breaking Quarantine:Gives you a modified needler that shoots blue crystals that instead of exploding reduce the players speed.

What do you think

Nothing
Ill try one time
if death happens
its dead

Keep it strictly cosmetic, I like the idea of unlocking armor, but anything that gives you any kind of advantage is a no in my mind.

I’m sorry but i have to say this is a really bad idea, cosmetic rewards are fine but ability/perk/enhancement (whichever word applies the best) unlocks are very bad indeed.

That kind of sounds more like Shadowrun with the katana.

> I’m sorry but i have to say this is a really bad idea, cosmetic rewards are fine but ability/perk/enhancement (whichever word applies the best) unlocks are very bad indeed.

Ya but 343 already said they would have unlocks similar to what you just said shouldn’t be in it.
we might as well have a say in what we unlock in the first place

and this stuff doesn’t really give an advantage.

> Vidmaster Challenge: Déjà Vu: Completing this gives you the Recon[S.R.]. This helmet allows you to not be seen on radar while you are crouched even while moving.

Dont we already have this? crouched movement never shows up on radar.

> Vidmaster Challenge: Classic: This gives you The SMG Silenced Shift. <mark>This gun when fired wont make you appear on radar</mark> and has 2 fire modes that can be switched with the D-Pad. Burst (Like BR) And Auto-Fire (Like AR)

That is an advantage

> N00b n0 M0r3: This Gives you The suicide pack that when you die you blow up.

If this is cosmetic then no problems really, but if it causes damage to nearby player’s then it is an advantage.

> > Vidmaster Challenge: Déjà Vu: Completing this gives you the Recon[S.R.]. This helmet allows you to not be seen on radar while you are crouched even while moving.
>
> Dont we already have this? crouched movement never shows up on radar.
>
>
>
> > Vidmaster Challenge: Classic: This gives you The SMG Silenced Shift. <mark>This gun when fired wont make you appear on radar</mark> and has 2 fire modes that can be switched with the D-Pad. Burst (Like BR) And Auto-Fire (Like AR)
>
> That is an advantage
>
>
>
> > N00b n0 M0r3: This Gives you The suicide pack that when you die you blow up.
>
> If this is cosmetic then no problems really, but if it causes damage to nearby player’s then it is an advantage.

They also have disadvantages like lower damage and less range
343 already said they would do something simile in their unlock system