Waypoint on the X-box

I find it funny that on the x-box waypoint app you are often presented with advertisments before the videos load. It is even funnier when you realise that you are being forced to watch ads for products you are not interested in, in order to see ads for halo. Waypoint is a giant advertising machine for halo. Why do we need to have other stuff advertised to us at the same time?

I have to agree it is a bit weird, and this has been the topic of much controversy. I definitely miss the days where we didn’t have to see advertisements to watch Halo videos on the Xbox, it feels out of place. But just like the advertisements on the Xbox homepage, I don’t think they’re going anywhere soon.

The X-box home page ads don’t bug me much. I mean you are there to play games and maybe one of the products may interest you. But when you are going to an app specifically designed to advertise one product to you it feels frustrating because I am already going there to be advertised to. Why do they need to give us extra ads? I am there to let them convince me to by halo and map packs and other halo related stuff. They should not be diluting the effect by selling some of that ad space to other un related products. It’s kind of offensive. Ads should be presented with content, not other ads.

This is why I don’t use the Waypoint Xbox app anymore, and probably won’t ever touch it again for the foreseeable future. :frowning:

> This is why I don’t use the Waypoint Xbox app anymore, and probably won’t ever touch it again for the foreseeable future. :frowning:

Same here. Although it’s a pretty neat application for Xbox, I get everything I need from Waypoint’s website - which I can browse simultaneously while playing Reach might I add. Hopefully there’ll be unlockables tied with the Waypoint Xbox app and Halo 4 so I have a reason to use the thing in the future.

They really need to have some special origianl content on the app. Like mini games, or more detailed stats, or app only exclusive videos or scans of concept art. Maybe a live chat with designers or something. Really it is the same as the web but it has ads.