Waypoint Needs An Off Topic Section

To talk about things that are not related to xbox or halo. Just like w/ destiny’s forums

We have had them before, and unfortunately the Waypoint community can’t be responsible with them. They’re called Break Rooms, Bathrooms, Kitchens, or things like that and they always get locked. A small few always seem to start spamming them for various reasons, and the mods have to swoop in and shut down the fun for everyone.

Here is the last iteration of an off-topic forum: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f9237adeaf1742c09de144d7bf3f7507/topics/the-break-room/9f5fba1b-f6f4-43d3-9244-5f1e8729587c/posts

> 2533274891097288;1:
> To talk about things that are not related to xbox or halo. Just like w/ destiny’s forums

Absolutely not. If you want to talk things that are not Halo or Xbox, there’s plenty of places on the internet available to you to do that. None of us has the time, nor the inclination, to deal with an off topic section.

We had one. But one of people kept ruining them getting them locked. If I could personally done it, I would’ve made either ranked or have to be private thread that needs permission to go on it or something.

Who decides who is and isn’t allowed? What criteria needs to be met to get access? The last thing we really need on the forums is making some kind of elitist group the segregates the community. We want to encourage healthy discussions and debates, not hide it away.

> 2533274813317074;5:
> Who decides who is and isn’t allowed? What criteria needs to be met to get access? The last thing we really need on the forums is making some kind of elitist group the segregates the community. We want to encourage healthy discussions and debates, not hide it away.

$6.99 monthly membership fee to be paid to stckrboy. Gotta pay to off-topic.

I haven’t been in a break room before. But I have heard of them I think. I did actually look forward being in one for the first time. But what are you going to do? A few little trouble makers ruin it for everyone else.

> 2535448054982593;7:
> I haven’t been in a break room before. But I have heard of them I think. I did actually look forward being in one for the first time. But what are you going to do? A few little trouble makers ruin it for everyone else.

Until I saw the rules of the first break room, I was planning on talking politics

> 2533274803493024;6:
> > 2533274813317074;5:
> > Who decides who is and isn’t allowed? What criteria needs to be met to get access? The last thing we really need on the forums is making some kind of elitist group the segregates the community. We want to encourage healthy discussions and debates, not hide it away.
>
>
> $6.99 monthly membership fee to be paid to stckrboy. Gotta pay to off-topic.

That would work. Halo gets money amd we get a break room. Unless we make it ranked. It might segregate the community but is better then Recruits go crazy in there and ruin it.

> 2533274803493024;6:
> > 2533274813317074;5:
> > Who decides who is and isn’t allowed? What criteria needs to be met to get access? The last thing we really need on the forums is making some kind of elitist group the segregates the community. We want to encourage healthy discussions and debates, not hide it away.
>
>
> $6.99 monthly membership fee to be paid to stckrboy. Gotta pay to off-topic.

I take it all back, I can get behind this <.<

> 2533274813317074;10:
> > 2533274803493024;6:
> > > 2533274813317074;5:
> > > Who decides who is and isn’t allowed? What criteria needs to be met to get access? The last thing we really need on the forums is making some kind of elitist group the segregates the community. We want to encourage healthy discussions and debates, not hide it away.
> >
> >
> > $6.99 monthly membership fee to be paid to stckrboy. Gotta pay to off-topic.
>
>
> I take it all back, I can get behind this <.<

Really? or are you being sarcastic?

I was being sarcastic

> 2533274813317074;12:
> I was being sarcastic

Dang

As others have pointed out, a dedicated sticky thread in General Discussion known as the “Break Room” has been made available…but they always get locked due to either a) spammers, b) forum rules being broken (ex: talking about politics or religion), or c) way too much activity going on, creating a huge increase in posts that can’t be moderated efficiently.

At least, those are the major sticking points I’ve witnessed. The newest thread has been locked for months, now, and it’s a bit sad for those of us who never abused it.

> 2533274887950450;14:
> As others have pointed out, a dedicated sticky thread in General Discussion known as the “Break Room” has been made available…but they always get locked due to either a) spammers, b) forum rules being broken (ex: talking about politics or religion), or c) way too much activity going on, creating a huge increase in posts that can’t be moderated efficiently.
>
> At least, those are the major sticking points I’ve witnessed. The newest thread has been locked for months, now, and it’s a bit sad for those of us who never abused it.

It sucks so much, I has so much crap happen to me these couple months. It sucks

No ranks= No spam. Problem solved :wink:

What you mean? Or no Recruits only Marine Bronze and higher ranks. Or what about how much Gamerscore you have on Halo.

> 2535409489305717;17:
> What you mean? Or no Recruits only Marine Bronze and higher ranks. Or what about how much Gamerscore you have on Halo.

If ranks were not involved in waypoint and everyone had the same abilities, spam would be
decreased

> 2533274891097288;18:
> > 2535409489305717;17:
> > What you mean? Or no Recruits only Marine Bronze and higher ranks. Or what about how much Gamerscore you have on Halo.
>
>
> If ranks were not involved in waypoint and everyone had the same abilities, spam would be
> decreased

That is highly doubtful. Spammers will spam ranks or not.

Yes please!!! I wanna be able to talk as constantly about DC films and TV ina forum as I do in real life!!!