Waypoint inside Halo 4,

Is it possible for Halo Waypoint and ALL of its features to run, in game, as an integrated part of the menus?

I think this would improve accessibility SO much and give gamers the EASY access to community news, statistics, promotions etc.

Currently, ‘apps’ such as Waypoint or Elite require users to leave their game to check on the features provided by the app. How much more inconvenient could it possibly get.

343i and Halo could take the lead in application innovation and community access by seamlessly integrating Waypoint directly into Halo 4’s menu system.

Do you agree or disagree that Waypoint would be more effective if it could be implemented IN-GAME?

I disagree. If you have the time to check you might as well just go to quickplay and launch it or go in the menu and click on it

> I disagree. If you have the time to check you might as well just go to quickplay and launch it or go in the menu and click on it

Wow. You honestly believe seamless access is not desired?

That’s like saying you go to McDonald’s for a burger, and having to eat your fries in the bathroom. Sure its only a few steps away, but it sucks. It would be better for access to all your food in one place. Convenience is an amazing thing, and a greatly desired thing by most people.

It’ll waste space on the disk.

According to your example. People might get annoyed, but you’ll get exercise each time and lose calories for eating such an artery clogging food.

I agree, Halo Waypoint should be completely accessible through Halo 4. I mean, we have such a good thing with Waypoint, might as well let us use it as often as possible!

> It’ll waste space on the disk.

How so? Waypoint is downloaded on your Xbox. Saying that is like saying the Xbox Dashboard will take room on the disc as well.

> I disagree. If you have the time to check you might as well just go to quickplay and launch it or go in the menu and click on it

Is this a troll post or something?

OT: It’s a great idea and I would love it. My main reason for wanting this would be that I don’t have to go “Xbox Guide”, “Quick Play”, “Waypoint” (if it’s even there) check my stats ect, “Xbox Guide”, “Play Halo 4”, “Wait for intro to play through”. It would be much simpler, “Main Menu”, “Waypoint”, check stats “B” continue playing as normal.

It could be free DLC, map packs dont use up disk space but are still accessable through game.

Hopefully 343 has plans to bring Waypoint features to the in game menu, in real time.

Imagine being able to do Waypoint stuff between matches, cool.

Or checking for new media daily as it is only a menu swipe away. No exiting Halo, loading Waypoint, and reloading Halo. More people would use it item, IMO.

I guess I don’t see any BAD resulting in a streamlined Waypoint running in-gAme.

> Yes I quoted you just to replace your text, I’m so bad.

but no seriously, great idea this has win and I thank you for beating me to it.

I hope this happens.

>
> According to your example. People might get annoyed, but you’ll get exercise each time and lose calories for eating such an artery clogging food.

Yeah, that was totally the point of his post, nice counter argument.

/sarcasm

> > It’ll waste space on the disk.
> >
> > According to your example. People might get annoyed, but you’ll get exercise each time and lose calories for eating such an artery clogging food.
>
> Yeah, that was totally the point of his post, nice counter argument.
>
> /sarcasm

lol

I’m glad some of you see how useful this would be. Not world changing, but definitely innovative and in-touch with the progression of other technology; referring to synchronization of media between devices and services.

If it’s the same buggy kicksyououteverythirtyseconds garbage that we have now then there’s no point to having it at all.

> If it’s the same buggy kicksyououteverythirtyseconds garbage that we have now then there’s no point to having it at all.

Elaborate?

I appear to be confused about your confusing statement.

> > If it’s the same buggy kicksyououteverythirtyseconds garbage that we have now then there’s no point to having it at all.
>
> Elaborate?
>
> I appear to be confused about your confusing statement.

I believe they’re saying that Waypoint isn’t up-to-standards in it’s current form, it kicks you out every thirty seconds. I don’t experience that but hey, some consoles do perform differently.

I have NEVER experienced any problems with Waypoint.

Sure I would like to see a ‘deeper’ Waypoint, but it will continue to improve over time. I just wish all of it was accessible seamlessly within the game ya know.

Is it really so much work for someone to go to waypoint from the start menu or the minidash?

it could be more inconvenient if you had to go all the way from your xbox to your computer to look at waypoint. or, you might even have to pull out your phone. so much work. /sarcasm

> Is it really so much work for someone to go to waypoint from the start menu or the minidash?
>
> it could be more inconvenient if you had to go all the way from your xbox to your computer to look at waypoint. or, you might even have to pull out your phone. so much work. /sarcasm

Not the point… The point is, that it would be more accessible and easy for everybody, including people WHO VALUE THEIR TIME, those who like their entertainment streamlined, those who may not be aware of or have forgotten about what Waypoint has to offer, those who don’t use this website, all the newcommers each title brings, and everybody else.

If Reach had an integrated Waypoint, and Halo 4 went back to a separate stand alone app that had to be loaded each time, the community would go ballistic over the regression.

Streamlined integration of Waypoint into H4 is the next logical progression for this element of how 343 ‘feeds’ the community.

It’s part of the evolution of gaming, a new implementation of an established medium. Kind of like the evolution of Forge from H3 to Reach… Things tend to get better.