Waypoint improvements

A note for mods , I’ve used this section because it receives by far the most traffic so please don’t move it to some dark corner of the web :wink:

Now first things first, forums are a great way to communicate with the devs, help each other with issues and to generally brainstorm ideas.

But it seems like as soon as threads receive more than a page of comments the system stops being helpful. So here are a few suggested improvements so it can be as useful as other comment sections.

Reply notifications
Currently the only way you can see someone’s reply is by scrolling though hundreds of comments to find that your post has been quoted, when someone clicks quote on one of your comments, a notification should be sent to your waypoint profile , in the same way messages are sent. If you click on the message, it’d take you straight to that comment so you can immediately find and reply.

Condensed quotes
some quotes can end up being longer than your screen so a one line comment can take up a full screen because it’s replying to a page long comment.
quotes longer than the screen should be automatically minimised until they are clicked on to be read .

A dedicated issue report system,
similar to how the Xbox preview program works, know issues can be reported , then if others experience it, they can simply click and the issue gets another number. So every person that experiences armoury glitches reports and links a vid if possible so the issue can be brought to light extremely quickly.

It doesn’t belong in this forum. It is the mods role to move threads as appropriate.

> 2533274875982754;2:
> It doesn’t belong in this forum. It is the mods role to move threads as appropriate.

Well which forum should it be on?
because I know I don’t even see posts on any of the others, they especially never make top post.

Any bugs or feature requests specifically for Waypoint always go in the Waypoint support forums (I’ve moved it there for you). If we let everyone just use the most popular forum to make their posts, there wouldn’t be any need to keep any other forums open :wink:

> 2533274813317074;4:
> Any bugs or feature requests specifically for Waypoint always go in the Waypoint support forums (I’ve moved it there for you). If we let everyone just use the most popular forum to make their posts, there wouldn’t be any need to keep any other forums open :wink:

Fair enough, it’s more important that the devs see stuff like this is guess?
But yeh if anyone has ideas feel free to leave them here.

The folks most likely to note down and take action from anything put here will generally browse these forums. In Halo 5 it’s too easy to get buried and that forum is primarily about the game itself, not the site. Here it can stay visible for much longer and give the devs a chance to catch it :slight_smile:

You have my +1 on notifications, personally it’s the only thing I’m really missing right now

> 2533274813317074;6:
> The folks most likely to note down and take action from anything put here will generally browse these forums. In Halo 5 it’s too easy to get buried and that forum is primarily about the game itself, not the site. Here it can stay visible for much longer and give the devs a chance to catch it :slight_smile:
>
> You have my +1 on notifications, personally it’s the only thing I’m really missing right now

Yes you’re definately right that they stick around. Back the next day and the post is still quite high up ahah