Waypoint Humpday Challenges

[quoteuser=“VenomChargerSRT”]
Would anyone here be interested if I got the Spartan I Project to have a community humpday with Halo Waypoint members? It’d be a great way for you to interact with new people and it could also serve as an outreach program for the forums here. I’m staff over there so I’m sure I can swing a favor or two, but what if the other communities outreached in a similar fashion? I think it’d have a positive effect overall…
[/quote]
Posted this in the “Looking for Players” thread in the Multiplayer forum. As said above, would people be interested in taking part in a set of Community Humpday challeneges with the various communities that make up this populous? I think it’d be a fantastic way to enitce more to come here and vice versa. A great way to extend friendships and broaden your social gaming experience beyond that of what you already have.

Thoughts? I’d love to hear from some of the Community Leaders on this one.

-Venom

A humpday challenge does sound like it would be some fun. Sorta like the Bungie v. some other team.

I’d like to hear as well.

Regarding gamenights gamenights go, we Community Leaders are working on making Ninja Orca’s gamenights into a regular community get together, and perhaps making it a weekly offering, but at the least every other friday. We’re working out the details as we speak, such as name, number of days; themenights have been suggested, etc.

I would love to help you arrange and organize, as well as participating, and I’d like a few details of what you have in mind? :slight_smile:

I hear ya dude. I know about Orca’s game nights thing. Missed it last time due to “necessary” partying :stuck_out_tongue: No, what I’m really driving at is seeing if the members here and yourselves would like to open the game night doors beyond the boundary walls of Waypoint itself. I know that myself and the other staff at SIP are eager to embed Waypoint further with our community. We have a large group over here as it is.

I’m personally a fan of community involvement :slight_smile: The way I was seeing it in my awesome head was that internal game nights are great but focus on the internal community. An external Humpday, involving maybe 2 or 3 small teams of members here, take on two or three small teams from [Community X]. In this fashion, maybe both parties could entice their opposing counter parts to delve into their respective community. Make new friends and, in hindsight, expand the relationship between Waypoint and that organisation.

Personally, my goal here is to get more people from SIP involved in Waypoint. And hopefully, have more of you check out SIP :wink:

God, that took a while to type…Try to read with a happy, positive tone and not in a super cereal tone as I appear to have made it sound :smiley:

I was thinking more of practical details :wink:

As long as I get to have some fun with someone other than “Mr. Random matchmaking dude who’s in party chat” :slight_smile:

This reminds me of a similar festivity I used to organize that I called Community Mixers. Basically they were designed to introduce members of two communities and build a friendship between like-minded groups. I tended to keep the focus on socializing and thus mixed the members amongst the teams, but there’s certainly several different ways these could be set up.

Needless to say, I think it’s a great idea!

I think it’s a great idea, I don’t see why the Waypoint game night couldn’t incorporate this from time to time, split the lobbies up.

> I think it’s a great idea, I don’t see why the Waypoint game night couldn’t incorporate this from time to time, split the lobbies up.

I was just going to suggest it. You could do it every second week or something. Have a localized game night one week and then a !!Community Humpday Extravaganza!! the next :slight_smile:

I think I can safely say the folks of our little grifball community at GrifballHub would love to participate. Believe it or not some of us actually know how to use weapons other than hammers and swords. Not me, but ya know, others from the community. I’m bad.

> I think I can safely say the folks of our little grifball community at GrifballHub would love to participate. Believe it or not some of us actually know how to use weapons other than hammers and swords. Not me, but ya know, others from the community. I’m bad.

lol, I’m good with bombs and flags, does that mean anything?

> > I think I can safely say the folks of our little grifball community at GrifballHub would love to participate. Believe it or not some of us actually know how to use weapons other than hammers and swords. Not me, but ya know, others from the community. I’m bad.
>
> lol, I’m good with bombs and flags, does that mean anything?

Two perfectly legit weapons. You sound like a player after my own heart :wink:

I will aslong as it’s on the weekend.

> > > I think I can safely say the folks of our little grifball community at GrifballHub would love to participate. Believe it or not some of us actually know how to use weapons other than hammers and swords. Not me, but ya know, others from the community. I’m bad.
> >
> > lol, I’m good with bombs and flags, does that mean anything?
>
> Two perfectly legit weapons. You sound like a player after my own heart :wink:

Stockpile is FTW! Free flags to pick up all over the place, sword guys beware! :wink:

> This reminds me of a similar festivity I used to organize that I called Community Mixers. Basically they were designed to introduce members of two communities and build a friendship between like-minded groups. I tended to keep the focus on socializing and thus mixed the members amongst the teams, but there’s certainly several different ways these could be set up.
>
> Needless to say, I think it’s a great idea!

If you convince the halo wars players to play reach this could be a good method to get to know each other. Then we could switch to 'wars =D

> > This reminds me of a similar festivity I used to organize that I called Community Mixers. Basically they were designed to introduce members of two communities and build a friendship between like-minded groups. I tended to keep the focus on socializing and thus mixed the members amongst the teams, but there’s certainly several different ways these could be set up.
> >
> > Needless to say, I think it’s a great idea!
>
> If you convince the halo wars players to play reach this could be a good method to get to know each other. Then we could switch to 'wars =D

Ya, I would play Reach for the HW community.

> > > This reminds me of a similar festivity I used to organize that I called Community Mixers. Basically they were designed to introduce members of two communities and build a friendship between like-minded groups. I tended to keep the focus on socializing and thus mixed the members amongst the teams, but there’s certainly several different ways these could be set up.
> > >
> > > Needless to say, I think it’s a great idea!
> >
> > If you convince the halo wars players to play reach this could be a good method to get to know each other. Then we could switch to 'wars =D
>
> Ya, I would play Reach for the HW community.

The problem is that most 'wars players have already played Reach, and gone back to Wars. Or at least all the ones that cared did.

Well then you could utilse this as an incentive to play Reach with new people. And vice versa. You may come around to like it again when you act all silly by driving a mongoose into a pile of fusion coils on hemorrhage and get launched as far as the coliseum, with your battle bro on the back :slight_smile: