Waypoint Forums

I know that the forums are in BETA and all, but what can we expect when they are updated?

With Optimatch closing tomorrow, many of us in the Community fell like we are left with out a place to call “Home.” We don’t feel accepted in the Matchmaking forum here, it’s too much of a mess. Most of the posts we have tried to bring over have been instantly buried by unnecessary “Petitions” and complaints. It’s not organized either. In Optimatch, we had Halo Reach and the occasional Halo 3 thread, where as here, it’s EVERY SINGLE Halo game. Is this going to change? Can we possibly see the separation of General Matchmaking discussion and the discussion of Matchmaking changes, a place like the current Optimatch? A separate forum for each game?

I don’t want to come off as “angry” or “mad,” but it just seems like there is less control/organization here than on Bungie.net.

If there is already a post on this, I apologize.

Here’s a link to the thread that your post might be better suited. I don’t believe there is a specific date, but from what I understand I believe it is soon. I found a reference to it here http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/17376.aspx?PageIndex=2, near the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps allay any concerns. Please try to be patient, and have faith that you and others from B.net can find a home here. It is a little different, but stay vigilant and all will be revealed, hopefully to your liking.

And last but not least from one Waypointer to a B.netter, welcome!

Also here a a few links you might find helpful:
Halo Waypoint Forum Rules
Helpful Hints for New Members

<4

For now you have the multiplayer forum. Posts move slow here on Waypoint so you’re guaranteed quite a few views before it’s buried, and similar threads are combined to help with things getting buried because things turn into mega-topics then that are hard to miss. It’s not much, but Multiplayer is all that’s here for now as far as something similar to Optimach. I’d assume they’d be more organized once out of Beta, but for now, you’ll have to manage.

can you tell me anything more bout Halo4/Halo CEA? i promise i won’t tell anyone bout it. it’ll be our little secret :wink:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I’ll wait until it’s out of beta to make a real opinion, but it just doesn’t feel the same, but I’m sure the changes will make that better.

> Thanks for the replies everyone. I’ll wait until it’s out of beta to make a real opinion, but it just doesn’t feel the same, but I’m sure the changes will make that better.

It doesn’t feel the same but you come to get used to it after being here for a bit. I also know they claim that the new forums they are working on are looking more like actual forums, so that’s probably a good sign. In the mean time, make yourself at home if you can, and wait it out I guess.

I hope they figure osmething out on filtering people who would come into the “optimatch” forum that they create. I would hate for people to just walk in and begin posting any thing like the crap from the Reach forum.

> I hope they figure osmething out on filtering people who would come into the “optimatch” forum that they create. I would hate for people to just walk in and begin posting any thing like the crap from the Reach forum.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the only thing that filtered out people from Optimatch was having an atttached GT. This whole forum is like that so we should be good…I hope,LOL.

> Correct me if I’m wrong but the only thing that filtered out people from Optimatch was having an atttached GT. This whole forum is like that so we should be good…I hope,LOL.

I think it was just that it was mainly because the Reach forum covered everything about Reach, so people posted in it regardless, while Optimatch was just about matchmaking, and with Bungie not wanting to change anything about gameplay, not that many bothered going there. There’s no telling what types of people will flood in when Halo 4/CE:A release, especially since you just have to have a linked GT, not a GT with live gold.