Waypoint Forge Contest (Winners!!!)

This is the Waypoint Community Forge Contest! All the entries have been tested and ready to be announced tomorrow on June 20. I’d like to thank Bs Angel for the sticky and sponsoring the prizes for the winners!
Winners:

1st: Gamertag: Gneas

Map Variant: The Mole
Base Map: Forge World

Description: A simple 2v2 to 4v4 map set in the quarry. It’s in the shape of a U with a T in the middle. The power weapons are a sniper at the top of the T and a grenade launcher st the base of the T.

Recommended Gametypes: Slayer DMRs / Arena, Oddball
Compatible Gametypes: Slayer, Oddball, CTF, KOTH
Download: hereScreenshots: here

The runner up with a bomb of a map is Goat who posted… A lovely map, a miniature version of Jackal Creek, perfect for Mlg vvariant a CTF.

2nd: Gamertag: A 3 Legged Goat

Map Variant: PioneerBase

Map: Forge World

Description: Pioneer is a competitive 4v4 map built in an enclosed portion of Alaska. The borders of the map itself are rotationally symmetric, and as such a large portion of the design follows the same pattern. However, the bases, inward rocks, structures, and weapon placement are mirror symmetric, affording equality to both teams. Pioneer was inspired by Standoff from Halo 3.

Recommended Gametypes: Arena Slayer, Team Slayer, FFA, CTF, AssaultCompatible Gametypes: Team Slayer, KotH, CTF, Assault, Territories, Headhunter, Stockpile, Oddball, Juggernaut

Overall performance: No framerate dumps or z-fighting
Split Screen Framerate Rating: 2 player splitscreen is seamlessThird time is the charm is a brilliant aesthetic map, I liked THE CLAW. I just liked the claw.

3rd: GT: Brucer42O (capital ‘o’ not a zero)

Map: Deathgrip
(Forgeworld)

Deathgrip is a BTB map built in the spirit of halo classics Sidewinder and Waterworks. The action takes place beneath a giant metal claw on the Coastline of Paradiso. This is the latest version with (hopefully) all of the bugs worked out. Supports most game types, except invasion. Both slayer and objective games make for good fun.

Thank you to all the people who entered into the Contest! AngelPaperCraft did the testing of the maps along with others to have the results. Here is a list of all the people who entered the competition:

j0sh291
A 3 Legged Goat
Brucer42O (capital ‘o’ not a zero)
Gneas
ImBetterThenU
CruelLEGACEY
Draw the Line
Paramedic Panda
Nerf herder 83
Nova Spartan X
Calimar
Ec1ip53
Nicholas Cave
DEEP NNN
goobot
Sergeant Novak

I hope that in the future, there will be more a Forge community here. This is one of the first steps towards the Forge Community. Thanks again to Bs Angel!

I don’t see why not, but I know my odds of winning are about 0 because I don’t make maps very well, I specialize in forge techs and switches

YES! 100 times YES!

> I think we should have a forge contest since the community has grown sooooooooo big! O: Even bs angel is having a hard time cleaning the forums. But don’t you want to impress the Web team and your fellow posters with your awesome forge map or design?
>
> We should all throw in our Forge to show off our best forge maps or pictures!

I think this is a great idea! Would you like to organize the festivities? :slight_smile:

> > I think we should have a forge contest since the community has grown sooooooooo big! O: Even bs angel is having a hard time cleaning the forums. But don’t you want to impress the Web team and your fellow posters with your awesome forge map or design?
> >
> > We should all throw in our Forge to show off our best forge maps or pictures!
>
> I think this is a great idea! Would you like to organize the festivities? :slight_smile:

Oh, ok. I never organized an event before so it might be sucky o.O Plus I am attending the Community Playdate this Saturday but I’ll change the OP to do it.

This has come at a good time. I’ve been working on a map on and off since mid January. I’ll definitely submit it for this competition when its finished soon. :slight_smile:

May I suggest an update to the submission format though?:

> Gamertag:
>
> Map Variant:
> Base Map:
>
> Description:
> Recommended Gametypes:
> Compatible Gametypes:

> This has come at a good time. I’ve been working on a map on and off since mid January. I’ll definitely submit it for this competition when its finished soon. :slight_smile:
>
> May I suggest an update to the submission format though?:
>
> > Gamertag:
> >
> > Map Variant:
> > Base Map:
> >
> > Description:
> > Recommended Gametypes:
> > Compatible Gametypes:

I’ll update it now :slight_smile:

Why not have a contest for screenshots too. In different subjects and still have the map contest at the same time?

Like for example have map entires for

-Infection

-Competitive (Slayer stuff)

-Astetic (Maps for looks)

-Mini Game

-Forge Art

Also have screenshot types such as

-Cool Looking (FXs turned to the max)

-Funny

etc.

Also dont you think the date for the end submissions is a bit…far away? why not mid or late may?

These are just suggestions.

> Why not have a contest for screenshots too. In different subjects and still have the map contest at the same time?
>
> Like for example have map entires for
>
> -Infection
>
> -Competitive (Slayer stuff)
>
> -Astetic (Maps for looks)
>
> -Mini Game
>
> -Forge Art
>
> Also have screenshot types such as
>
> -Cool Looking (FXs turned to the max)
>
> -Funny
>
> etc.
>
> Also dont you think the date for the end submissions is a bit…far away? why not mid or late may?
>
> These are just suggestions.

I am only doing forge art and maps. Not mini-games.

Alright then I was just suggesting :slight_smile:

> Alright then I was just suggesting :slight_smile:

asthetic maps belong to the forge art area. I might cancel this since there is no submissions. I really wanted this to be in the Community forum where there is more people but oh well =[

What is the prize? I’ve been wanting to get a map in a playlist since the first time i forged!

> What is the prize? I’ve been wanting to get a map in a playlist since the first time i forged!

So do all forgers (Like myself) but this has nothing to do with Matchmaking this is an organized contest by a community member.

Seems pretty cool, I’ll submit one of my maps. Probably Grim Labs unless I build another map that I think is better.

> What is the prize? I’ve been wanting to get a map in a playlist since the first time i forged!

The winners are going to get a prize maybe. I don’t have any money… But I will be willing to spend money for 1st place!

touche! I just like to see my creations get attention!

I have the perfect map…

This is a great idea! I’m submitting one of my racetracks, for sure :slight_smile:

I thank you Cruel for submitting your map. You are the only one to enter so you might win!

> I thank you Cruel for submitting your map. You are the only one to enter so you might win!

SWEET! The 3 most beautiful words I’ll ever hear: “Winner By Default” :-p

Just do me one favor. If I do end up winning as the only submission, let’s just keep that a secret between you and me. Tell everyone that there were hundreds of thousands of submissions, and mine was just so epically fantastic that it was the clear victor. What do you think?