Waypoint Community Race Night - OLD

With the announcement of the next Waypoint Community Race Night, BS Angel suggested I start a new thread for the event. You can find the new thread HERE.

Waypoint Community Race Night

The event is taking place on Friday June 10th, from 9pm – 11pm EST. Starting at 9pm, myself and 2 other party leaders will begin inviting players into our games.

Want to join in? Here’s how:

Anytime after 9pm, send a message to one of the following gamertags:

CruelLEGACEY (CruelLEGACEY Productions)
TBA
TBA
The other party leaders will be announced the day of the event

Once the event starts, each of the Party Leaders will be inviting players into their games on a “first come = first served” basis. We’re expecting the parties to fill up quickly, so don’t be dismayed if you don’t get an invite right away. Each Party Leader will continue to send out game invites as people leave their respective parties over the course of the night.

Please, do not spam the party leaders with repeated messages. Sending more than 1 message will not increase your chances of joining in. It might actually have the opposite effect. The party leaders will be inviting players on a “first come, first served” basis. This means it will also not help you to send a message before the event is taking place. Any time after 9pm EST, send a message to any or all of the Party Leaders, and we’ll try to get you into the game as soon as we can.

Highlands Death Race - CruelLEGACEY
Coastline Racetrack - CruelLEGACEY
Coastline Dusk Racetrack - CruelLEGACEY
Legacy Racetrack - CruelLEGACEY
Goldhaven Cliffs – Goldman 010
Funkzilla – Masta Blastr
Gaian Fury – THE Fuglystick
Crazy Eight – ll DERANKER ll
Noble Park – THE Fuglystick
Martyr – AceOfSpades0707
Road Coaster 4 – steefy 001

So go download the maps, crank your custom soundracks, and get driving!

cruellegaceyproductions.com

This sounds like a very interesting idea, hope you can get plenty of members from the community to join in.

the next time you do a race event can it be on a saturday night??

> the next time you do a race event can it be on a saturday night??

We’ll have to wait and see about that… Friday’s usually work best for me, but I’ll see what I can do :slight_smile:

sounds fun ill see if i can make it!

You expect us to try out 17 Race maps?

> You expect us to try out 17 Race maps?

Of course not. Otherwise the event would last 4 hours. :stuck_out_tongue:

Each party will have it’s own lineup of what maps we’ll play, but we will be using the maps that Cruel provided in his original post. I will be using 7 of those maps for my party, and Cruel will have a selection of maps in his party.

Basically, each party will have it’s own flavor of awesome.

Edit: I have added this event on XForgery’s website as well.

> You expect us to try out 17 Race maps?

lol, when you put it that way, it does sound a bit over-the-top :slight_smile:

But if you really think about it, most races are only about 5-7 minutes long… 10 minutes at the absolute max. I’m expecting to make it through most if not all 17 tracks by the end of the night, depending on how much time we spend in lobbies.

People will come and go over the course of the 2 hour event as well, but as I said in the original post, racing is always more fun when you’re familiar with the track. We just wanted to give people a sneak peak at the maps we might be using in case they want to do a few practice laps before Friday :slight_smile:

I’ve just posted a “Racing Guide” in the general forums, for anyone new to racing in Halo:

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/p/5969/50671.aspx#50671

> I’ve just posted a “Racing Guide” in the general forums, for anyone new to racing in Halo:
>
> http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/p/5969/50671.aspx#50671

Can i just send you a message?

I have to say that this sounds really fun. I’ll be there!

> > I’ve just posted a “Racing Guide” in the general forums, for anyone new to racing in Halo:
> >
> > http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/p/5969/50671.aspx#50671
>
> Can i just send you a message?

I’m not sure what you want to message me about, but sure!

Add me to the participant list, I’ll play.

> > > I’ve just posted a “Racing Guide” in the general forums, for anyone new to racing in Halo:
> > >
> > > http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/p/5969/50671.aspx#50671
> >
> > Can i just send you a message?
>
> I’m not sure what you want to message me about, but sure!

i mean message you for an invite on the day.

Downloaded the maps, read the guide, and look forward to winning some. I hope.

> > > > I’ve just posted a “Racing Guide” in the general forums, for anyone new to racing in Halo:
> > > >
> > > > http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/p/5969/50671.aspx#50671
> > >
> > > Can i just send you a message?
> >
> > I’m not sure what you want to message me about, but sure!
>
> i mean message you for an invite on the day.

Ahhh. Gotcha.

Well, I will be one of the party leaders, so yes. Please do message me. Just keep in mind that I won’t be able to invite everyone who asks to join, at least not at the very beginning. That’s why you might want to message the other 2 party leaders as well (whos gamertags will be provided on Friday). That way you’ll stand a better chance of making it into one of the parties.

> Downloaded the maps, read the guide, and look forward to winning some. I hope.

Great! Looking forward to playing with you :slight_smile:

> > > > > I’ve just posted a “Racing Guide” in the general forums, for anyone new to racing in Halo:
> > > > >
> > > > > http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/p/5969/50671.aspx#50671
> > > >
> > > > Can i just send you a message?
> > >
> > > I’m not sure what you want to message me about, but sure!
> >
> > i mean message you for an invite on the day.
>
> Ahhh. Gotcha.
>
> Well, I will be one of the party leaders, so yes. Please do message me. Just keep in mind that I won’t be able to invite everyone who asks to join, at least not at the very beginning. That’s why you might want to message the other 2 party leaders as well (whos gamertags will be provided on Friday). That way you’ll stand a better chance of making it into one of the parties.
>
>
>
> > Downloaded the maps, read the guide, and look forward to winning some. I hope.
>
> Great! Looking forward to playing with you :slight_smile:

Alright.

1 more day until the Waypoint Community Race Night! Hope everyone’s got their custom soundtracks ready :slight_smile:

Curses! I’ve never done any official racing, just messing around on my trusty Mongoose in Forge, but I would have loved to try it. Unfortunately, my internet is down at my mum’s house at the moment, so I won’t be joining you. But maybe next time. Have a fun night everyone.

I’ll probably show up at some point, race is fun but not my favorite.