Waypoint Community Race Night - *NOW FINISHED *

*** Thank you so much to everyone who joined in tonight. We had a total blast :slight_smile:
And a very big thanks to DaxSeven09 and rukizzel for helping co-host the event. I couldn’t have done it without you both :slight_smile:
Stay tuned… I’ll let you all know when the next Waypoint Community Race Night comes along! ***

Waypoint Community Race Night

The event is taking place on Friday June 10th, from 9pm – 11pm EST. Starting at 9pm, myself and 2 other party leaders will begin inviting players into our games.

Want to join in? Here’s how:

Anytime after 9pm on Friday June 10th, send a message to all 3 of the following gamertags:

CruelLEGACEY
rukizzel
DaxSeven09

Once the event starts, each of the Party Leaders will be inviting players into their games on a “first come = first served” basis. We’re expecting the parties to fill up quickly, so don’t be dismayed if you don’t get an invite right away. Each Party Leader will continue to send out game invites as people leave their respective parties over the course of the night.

Please, do not spam the party leaders with repeated messages. Sending more than 1 message will not increase your chances of joining in. It might actually have the opposite effect. The party leaders will be inviting players on a “first come, first served” basis. This means it will also not help you to send a message before the event is taking place. Any time after 9pm EST, send a message to any or all of the Party Leaders, and we’ll try to get you into the game as soon as we can.

Depending on how many players we get wanting invites, the Party Leaders might need to enforce some kind of rotation… just to give as many people as possible the chance to play. Still, it is possible that we just won’t be able to fit everyone in. We’ll do our best though!

Also, be aware that some of the maps we’ll be using require the Noble and Defiant Map Packs. Each Party Leader will be deciding which track to play on, and when. We want everyone to get to play and have a good time, but please be respectful of the Party Leader’s map selection. If they choose a DLC Map that you don’t own, respectfully back out of the party and we’ll try to get you back in later.

Here’s a list of the racetracks we’ll be featuring:

Highlands Death Race - CruelLEGACEY
Coastline Racetrack - CruelLEGACEY
Coastline Dusk Racetrack - CruelLEGACEY
Legacy Racetrack - CruelLEGACEY
Goldhaven Cliffs – Goldman 010
Funkzilla – Masta Blastr
Gaian Fury – THE Fuglystick
Crazy Eight – ll DERANKER ll
Noble Park – THE Fuglystick
Martyr – AceOfSpades0707
Road Coaster 4 – steefy 001

Here are some helpful links for Reach Racing fans:
CruelLEGACEY’s Halo Reach Racing Guide
Waypoint Community Race Night Wrap-Up

So go download the maps, crank your custom soundracks, and get driving!

cruellegaceyproductions.com

Oh yeah! Can’t wait, got all the maps, and will be praticing 'til then.

Signing up here and adding a silver gamertag might be a better way of going about these events. It is the method we use for the bungie.net Community Carnage and tends to work very effectively. It guarantees players a spot and you also have plenty of forewarning about the numbers and level of interest. When it comes game time you then work through the gamertag’s friends list inviting players in the order they signed up for the event (first come first serve).

> Signing up here and adding a silver gamertag might be a better way of going about these events. It is the method we use for the bungie.net Community Carnage and tends to work very effectively. It guarantees players a spot and you also have plenty of forewarning about the numbers and level of interest. When it comes game time you then work through the gamertag’s friends list inviting players in the order they signed up for the event (first come first serve).

That’s a great idea, but I find that you run into issues where people sign up in advance, then don’t show. I’ve hosted plenty of game nights, and no matter how strongly someone promises they’ll be there, you always get plenty of no-shows. In the meantime, you have people ready to join who are forced to wait while the host sifts through their list.

By doing it all live on the night of the event, the people who are actually online and ready to play get priority. It also makes it super easy to figure out who is first in line, since I just need to follow the order than the messages appear in my inbox.

If I ever do a more formal tournament, I’ll probably go with some kind of advance sign-up. For now though it works well first-come, first served. :slight_smile:

Hold on… There’s team waypoint. We used to use it, well we only used it once… Who has the control of Team Waypoint gamertag?

i’m in. love racing. it should be in matchmaking.

> i’m in. love racing. it should be in matchmaking.

^^^YES YES YES!!!^^^

There absolutely should be a dedicated RACE playlist. Take the “Rocket Race” gametypes out of multi-team, and build a playlist completely for race and race variant gametypes.

> > Signing up here and adding a silver gamertag might be a better way of going about these events. It is the method we use for the bungie.net Community Carnage and tends to work very effectively. It guarantees players a spot and you also have plenty of forewarning about the numbers and level of interest. When it comes game time you then work through the gamertag’s friends list inviting players in the order they signed up for the event (first come first serve).
>
> That’s a great idea, but I find that you run into issues where people sign up in advance, then don’t show. I’ve hosted plenty of game nights, and no matter how strongly someone promises they’ll be there, you always get plenty of no-shows. In the meantime, you have people ready to join who are forced to wait while the host sifts through their list.
>
> By doing it all live on the night of the event, the people who are actually online and ready to play get priority. It also makes it super easy to figure out who is first in line, since I just need to follow the order than the messages appear in my inbox.
>
> If I ever do a more formal tournament, I’ll probably go with some kind of advance sign-up. For now though it works well first-come, first served. :slight_smile:

I can understand yout concerns, we tend to overcome them with a large subs list. With this event for example we were quite ambitious, there were 3 lobbies for the thursday event and a subs list of 20 players before we closed sign ups. Your way may work well, it is a little less hassle and it seems the first event pulled a healthy number. However as soon as you stop getting those PMs the event is in trouble and you can’t salvage it with a large list of players at your disposal. I would also be concerned a lack of commitment would lead to disinterest and/or more no shows.

Like I said in the other thread…ill join again. That playdate was full of teh lulz.

Finally you created another thread. I’m sorry Cruel but I have no 360 or Reach disc so I will be left out </3 I know later on in the year I will get a 360 and Reach again and destroy you guys in Racing :slight_smile:

For the last Waypoint Race Night, we had 3 full lobbies and over 40 total players. Most of the people who joined at the beginning of the night stayed for the entire 2 hours. So far, there seems to be even more demand for it this time around. I’m not concerned about having enough players… quite the opposite, I’m worried about fitting everyone in :slight_smile:

The other thing about Racing is that it can actually help if the parties start to shrink a little. We ran 3 full parties just to meet demand, but in an ideal world I’d rather run them with no more than 12 players per party: the tracks just run better with slightly smaller parties.

We’ll see how it goes. I’m always open to trying a new system, but what we did last time worked well enough that I’m happy to stick with that routine for now.

Drats. It’s over right when I’m off work. Maybe I can sneak out early and play!

Ill try my bestest to be there!

> For the last Waypoint Race Night, we had 3 full lobbies and over 40 total players. Most of the people who joined at the beginning of the night stayed for the entire 2 hours. So far, there seems to be even more demand for it this time around. I’m not concerned about having enough players… quite the opposite, I’m worried about fitting everyone in :slight_smile:
>
> The other thing about Racing is that it can actually help if the parties start to shrink a little. We ran 3 full parties just to meet demand, but in an ideal world I’d rather run them with no more than 12 players per party: the tracks just run better with slightly smaller parties.
>
>
>
> We’ll see how it goes. I’m always open to trying a new system, but what we did last time worked well enough that I’m happy to stick with that routine for now.

What does one need to do to be a party leader? Would you like to have one more to help accomdoate the growing interest? If so I am up for the task, just tell me what I need to do. I will help in anyway I can.

Can I has join?

Speaking about this, it is amazing how all these cool race tracks are made in halo Reach. Reach has sevral flaws but it still has really cool stuff. I hope our friends at 343i will do the good job Bungie did for these things and more.

Yay, I get off of work at 7pm (8pm EST) so I can make it :smiley:

Ω

> Yay, I get off of work at 7pm (8pm EST) so I can make it :smiley:
>
> Ω

Nice :slight_smile: Looking forward to it!

I was going to join you guys on last race night, but couldn’t find your GT, Cruel. But I will try to be there this time.

> I was going to join you guys on last race night, but couldn’t find your GT, Cruel. But I will try to be there this time.

Cool! Mt gamertag is CruelLEGACEY by the way :slight_smile: Keep in mind there will be other party leaders as well. I’ll post the gamertags of all party leaders on the night of the event. You’ll be able to find them here in the OP, or on my website.