Waypoint Community Race Night memories, stories, and favorite moments.

The first Waypoint Community Race Night has come and gone. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I had an absolute blast! I wanted to create a thread for everyone to share their highlights, favorite memories, or suggestions for the next time we organize an event like this.

Here are my 2 favorite moments from the event:

Epic Racetrack Starting Gate Fail

Wheelie Fail, aggressive driver win,

How about everyone else?

It was fun up until the all the lag and drops kept happening. LoL the black screen is not your friend when your speeding into an elevated hair pin turn that has no railings.

> Epic Racetrack Starting Gate Fail

Good sir, you seem to have misspelled win

> > Epic Racetrack Starting Gate Fail
>
> Good sir, you seem to have misspelled win

Win on my part. I ZOOMED out of there into first place.

Being stuck in Black Screen for 10mins was pretty fun.

> > > Epic Racetrack Starting Gate Fail
> >
> > Good sir, you seem to have misspelled win
>
> Win on my part. I ZOOMED out of there into first place.

The real winner there was the guy at the back on the far side who actually pushes the driver in front of them off the edge. Pure AWESOME. I was laughing about it for the entire first lap.

I enjoyed every minute even the moments in between races. I am still not in the habit of saving game moments to post, but hopefully next time I will. It was nice to play with BS Angel, especially since I am usually one of the only girls.

Do you think it is possible to have an actual tournament? I might not be the best racer, but I think it would be fun for a little friendly competition, and for someone to have bragging rights to say they won the tournament. Maybe for the first hour or so it could just be regular races like before, then if there are still people interested after that, it could go to tournament play. Also use new maps so it is fresh for everybody, except of course, the party host.

There was another forum that I joined before this one, and they had something similar. I tried joining one of their race nights, but never got invited and I didn’t like their maps as much. Anyways, I thought it might be fun.

Thanks again so glad to be part of this community.

> I enjoyed every minute even the moments in between races. I am still not in the habit of saving game moments to post, but hopefully next time I will. It was nice to play with BS Angel, especially since I am usually one of the only girls.
>
> Do you think it is possible to have an actual tournament? I might not be the best racer, but I think it would be fun for a little friendly competition, and for someone to have bragging rights to say they won the tournament. Maybe for the first hour or so it could just be regular races like before, then if there are still people interested after that, it could go to tournament play. Also use new maps so it is fresh for everybody, except of course, the party host.
>
> There was another forum that I joined before this one, and they had something similar. I tried joining one of their race nights, but never got invited and I didn’t like their maps as much. Anyways, I thought it might be fun.
>
> Thanks again so glad to be part of this community.

I’m so glad you enjoyed it :slight_smile:

I really like the idea of running a tournament. I’ve been bouncing the idea around in my head for a while. There are quite a few logistical challenges to overcome before putting a full tournament together, but I am entertaining the idea.

For now, I’m going to focus on hosting more of these community playdates. I might do some kind of stat-summary next time, as a way to add a little extra competition to the event. We’ll see how it goes :slight_smile:

By the way, I’m working on a new montage made completely from footage taken during the Community Race Night. I’ll keep everyone posted about its release!

> By the way, I’m working on a new montage made completely from footage taken during the Community Race Night. I’ll keep everyone posted about its release!

Sounds great, look forward to seeing it. I like the ones you posted already, and hope I might actually see myself in the montage. Fails or not. :slight_smile:

> > By the way, I’m working on a new montage made completely from footage taken during the Community Race Night. I’ll keep everyone posted about its release!
>
> Sounds great, look forward to seeing it. I like the ones you posted already, and hope I might actually see myself in the montage. Fails or not. :slight_smile:

This one’s turning out great so far. Good mix of epic racing and hilarious driving-gone-wrong :slight_smile:

> There are quite a few logistical challenges to overcome before putting a full tournament together, but I am entertaining the idea.
>
> For now, I’m going to focus on hosting more of these community playdates. I might do some kind of stat-summary next time, as a way to add a little extra competition to the event. We’ll see how it goes :slight_smile:

Yeah I wondered about the logistics of something like that. I would be willing to help in any way that I can, although I have no idea what that would entail, I am ready to give it a shot.

Over half of the time I think Angel beat me.
But there is something I loved a lot.

Backwards.
Driving.