Waypoint Community Race Night - Friday August 12th 9-11pm EST

Time for another Waypoint Community Race Night!

The event is taking place on Friday August 12th, from 9pm – 11pm EST. Starting at 9pm, myself and 2 other party leaders will begin inviting players into our games.

Want to join in? Here’s how:

Anytime after 9pm, send a message to one of the following gamertags:

• CruelLEGACEY
  • PMS DaxSeven09
  • I Timothy I

Once the event starts, each of the Party Leaders will be inviting players into their games on a “first come = first served” basis. We’re expecting the parties to fill up quickly, so don’t be dismayed if you don’t get an invite right away. Each Party Leader will continue to send out game invites as people leave their respective parties over the course of the night. Please, do not spam the party leaders with repeated messages. Sending more than 1 message will not increase your chances of joining in. It might actually have the opposite effect.

The party leaders will be inviting players on a “first come, first served” basis. This means it will also not help you to send a message before the event is taking place. Any time after 9pm EST, send a message to any or all of the Party Leaders, and we’ll try to get you into the game as soon as we can.

On that note, it is entirely possible that we won’t be able to squeeze everyone into a game. Not to worry. These Community Race Nights have become a regular event. If you miss this one, we’ll do our best to get you into the next one.

With the logistical stuff out of the way, let’s take a look at some of the Racetracks we’ll be using.

Racetracks are always more fun when you’re familiar with them, so I wanted to give everyone a chance to check out the maps ahead of time. Keep in mind that each Party Leader will be deciding which maps to use, and when. Some party leaders might only use parts of this list… it will be completely up to them.

I’ve officially let myself become corrupted by the power I hold as organizer of this event. I’ll be featuring 4 of my own creations as part of the lineup of racetracks for the night, just because I can:

Highlands Death Race (to be used with the Death Race Custom Gametype
Coastline Racetrack
Coastline Dusk RacetrackLegacy Racetrack

In addition to my own racetracks, I will be using some or all of the following community made racetracks. I’ll warn you all now; it is possible that I might use my own customized versions of these tracks for the Waypoint Community Race Night. Nothing substantially different, but I might need to add or tweak spawn points in a few cases. Either way, you should download all these tracks to get yourself familiar with them:

Goldhaven Cliffs – Goldman 010
Funkzilla – Masta Blastr
Gaian Fury – THE Fuglystick
Crazy Eight – ll DERANKER ll
Noble Park – THE Fuglystick
Martyr – AceOfSpades0707
Road Coaster 4 – steefy 001

Be advised: Some of these tracks require the Noble and Defiant Map Packs. Make sure you download both map packs if you want to get the most out of the Waypoint Community Race Night! We’ll be doing our best to accommodate everyone, but it is up to each party leader to decide which tracks to use, and when. If a party leader chooses a track that requires DLC, and you don’t have that DLC, please be understanding and back out of the party. We’ll try to get you back in later.

Also, be sure to check out my Halo Reach Racing Guide.

So go download the maps, crank your custom soundracks, and get driving!

Can’t wait but just in case GT:STINKY 1790

Hopefully I won’t have anything on my plate, and can actually participate in this one q: But don’t you think you should start accepting invites earlier than the start of the event? Maybe just earlier that day, but that way you’ll already have a good list of people who want to join when it actually does start, instead of people sort of dribbling in when they realize it’s 9pm and send a message.

> Hopefully I won’t have anything on my plate, and can actually participate in this one q: But don’t you think you should start accepting invites earlier than the start of the event? Maybe just earlier that day, but that way you’ll already have a good list of people who want to join when it actually does start, instead of people sort of dribbling in when they realize it’s 9pm and send a message.

That hasn’t been a problem with the last couple Race Nights I’ve hosted. One of the reasons I like to run these nights with 3 simultaneous parties is so that we can handle a large group of players if we need to, but also keep the parties on the small-medium size if we don’t get a huge crowd right from the start. Most racetracks perform much better with 8-10 players than with a full group of 16.

In other words, I’d rather have 3 groups of 10 players than 2 groups of 15.

We keep it flexible though. If one of the groups shrinks down to a tiny size, then we’ll merge it with another party.

Having said all that, the first race night I hosted ran with 3 full 16 player parties for the entire 2 hours lol

Well my turned out great and I had a blast so Im definatly going to try and make this one as well!

PS:
My GT is Phat M0nk3y4

Yay, another Race Night. I’ll be there.

ill definitely try to be there too

I might be able to make it. Are we allowed to put on our own tracks or is it just ones the hosts download?
Because if so, I can bring Scorcher(ill have it linked soon). Dont worry, its definitely not an obstacle course.

> I might be able to make it. Are we allowed to put on our own tracks or is it just ones the hosts download?
> Because if so, I can bring Scorcher(ill have it linked soon). Dont worry, its definitely not an obstacle course.

Track selection is definitely up to the hosts of each party. I put together a list of tracks that I have done extensive testing on, and provide that list to the other hosts, but it is ultimately up to each host to select tracks for their party.

I would love to take a look at your track. I probably wouldn’t include it in this week’s race night, only because I won’t have time to test it this week. But, I’m always looking for new maps to use in the next community race night :slight_smile:

I’m in, my GT is to the left.

This sounds like fun, count me in!

That is this Friday, yeah? I should be able to make it. You are on my FL, so if I am on, send me an invite. :slight_smile: I like racin’. It’s fun.

I’ll probably not be able to join, I’ll try to make it. Thing is I’m going to be at my friend’s surprise part at 5pm. I don’t know if I’ll be able to provide the entertainment.

Im in, I dont work on this night so Im good.
GT: Everyday Math

im in Gt OceanicOctopus

I’m in! Just be warned, I am good.

For anyone interested, I just posted this Halo Reach Racing Guide. If you want to try Racing in Halo for the first time, this video will help get you started :slight_smile:

K here finally got the tracck linked. Scorcher
The “R” in front of it is just how I organize my maps.
I know you said you couldnt use it this week but thought Id go ahead and put it up for you guys to test around with
Now linked to updated version.

Disregard above post. Updated map for 16 players and added a starting gate. Man, I never considered that for Reach because it starts you on a goose.
Anyway, here is the updated link.
Scorcher

Goin away till saturday. Wont be able to make it. :frowning: